+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Do HCG levels affect how much you bleed?

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows if the level of your HCG affects how much you bleed during miscarriage?

my HCG is as follows.
    14dp5dt 91 Started spotting brown
    17dp5dt 110
    19dp5dt 186 Stopped meds

yesterday 21 days past i finally started bleeding heavy with cramping and passed a large tissue type clump the flow than slowed down but it still dark red with tiny clots here and there.
    But from what ive read i should expect more pain and bleeding than this. However i thought maybe because my hcg is so extremely low maybe that has something to do with it.

Thanks in advance for replies x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BEARD88 View Post
    Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows if the level of your HCG affects how much you bleed during miscarriage?

my HCG is as follows.
    14dp5dt 91 Started spotting brown
    17dp5dt 110
    19dp5dt 186 Stopped meds

yesterday 21 days past i finally started bleeding heavy with cramping and passed a large tissue type clump the flow than slowed down but it still dark red with tiny clots here and there.
    But from what ive read i should expect more pain and bleeding than this. However i thought maybe because my hcg is so extremely low maybe that has something to do with it.

Thanks in advance for replies x
    I think it's different for everyone hon but if you've passed a large clump of tissue then more than likely that is the worst of the physical stuff over for you. I've heard of some ladies who have only had something akin to a heavy period, and in contrast others who have bled and cramped for weeks. This might be it for you...

Make sure you go and get a couple more HCG tests done to ensure your level goes down to 0 again. If there are any retained tissues your HCG won't drop completely and you may need further help, but again, by the sounds of things I think this may have resolved itself for you.

All that technical BS out of the way, can I just say how very sorry I am for your loss. No matter how early it happens, it is still a painful and emotional thing to go through. I hope you're taking care of yourself and you are able to move forward in due course. My thoughts are with you x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    I think it's different for everyone hon but if you've passed a large clump of tissue then more than likely that is the worst of the physical stuff over for you. I've heard of some ladies who have only had something akin to a heavy period, and in contrast others who have bled and cramped for weeks. This might be it for you...

Make sure you go and get a couple more HCG tests done to ensure your level goes down to 0 again. If there are any retained tissues your HCG won't drop completely and you may need further help, but again, by the sounds of things I think this may have resolved itself for you.

All that technical BS out of the way, can I just say how very sorry I am for your loss. No matter how early it happens, it is still a painful and emotional thing to go through. I hope you're taking care of yourself and you are able to move forward in due course. My thoughts are with you x
    Thanks @blossumsun
    Im actually in the ED now because i was browsing miscarriages and completely forgot that I need to have an anti D shot done. silly me.

Congrats on your well positioned bean too ive been meaning to say congrats but get carried away reading everyones posts. x

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BEARD88 For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (17-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BEARD88 View Post
    Thanks @blossumsun
    Im actually in the ED now because i was browsing miscarriages and completely forgot that I need to have an anti D shot done. silly me.

Congrats on your well positioned bean too ive been meaning to say congrats but get carried away reading everyones posts. x

Aww, thanks hon

Hope once you get home you have a quiet evening with lots of rest xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry for your loss. I had a MC at around 6-7 weeks, & my HCG was around 1,000 from memory. It involved around 5 days of spotting & very light bleeding, & then I had a few hours of cramping & heavy bleeding & also passed some tissue - the pain & bleeding would have been similar to a heavy period. Then I had ligt bleeding for up to a week afterwards.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so very sorry for your loss I know with my early losses where HCG wasn't high, it would be more like bad period pain for a few hours until the larger clots/tissue passes then onto what can be described as a normal AF for a few days. I had a missed miscarriage at 12 weeks a month ago HCG was over 100000, pain was excruciating that morphine in hospital didn't even take the edge off. Bleeding and cramping lasted a full 10 days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @BabyG4 Thanks i think thats whats happened to me only 1day of cramping passed Tissue and now just a normal period which seems like its only going to last a few days.

Im so sorry for your losses

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BEARD88 For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (20-12-2016)