+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Dp or dooche bag as he is called atm said he wanted to buy a boat and I was like well buddy you better get the diamond before the boat. The boat came first by about 3 hours he picked up the ring after that and we went on the boat that night and he popped the question. IMG_1481969824.290569.jpg

This is the ring but the centre stone is only a .7c where as this one is a 2c and cost like 20k. Was customed made by DDS in burnside

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    By the way @Mamasupial we didn't get the ring for another 3 years!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    We were on holiday in Dubai on our way home from a friend's wedding in Scotland.

We were staying at Atlantis the Palm (palm tree shaped island hotel) and there were about 20 restaurants there so DH suggested we get dressed up and I can pick the restaurant.

We were about to leave the hotel room to walk to the restaurant and DH said, hang on, I forgot something, come back inside. I came back in and went into the bathroom to check my make up and when I came back out he was on one knee and proposed.

I of course said yes and was so excited I didn't even look at the ring! He said, so do you want to see the ring!? I'm thinking um yeah, how could I forget!!

We then went into a limo where he had organised for us to go to Burj al arab for a degustation meal.

Here is my ring IMG_1481977017.101812.jpg

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    We had been together for 19 months and renting a townhouse. We were looking to buy a house together and trying for a baby. I was getting a little annoyed because it was a fairytale romance yet he hadn't asked me to marry him and I made it clear that I wasn't going to ask him (I did that with husband no 1 so wanted the bloke to ask me this time). Valentines day had come and gone without a proposal I was watching TV and he came and got my hand and led me upstairs to the balcony outside our bedroom where he had lit candles. I asked me to sit down, then he got down on one knee, showed me the ring he had bought and asked me to marry him. I took about 8 years to actually get married. The proposal meant more to me than actually getting married.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Love reading all of these stories.

We had been together 5 years. It was my 25th birthday and we both had the day off so we could spend it together.

We had been starting to have the 'when we get married' type conversations. A few friends had gotten engaged previously and every time I would say something to him like 'if you propose to me I hope you don't buy me a ring, I want to help choose it'.

So I'm getting ready for us to head out for our special day together and I walk out of the bathroom and he's sitting on the bed with one of those oversized plastic gum ball machine type rings and asks if I'd marry him.

I said yes and we went out to lunch then he took me to a jewellery store to look at rings. I ended up designing my own and getting it made which took a while but I had my precious plastic gumball ring while I waited.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama Mirabelle For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (18-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We were going out for dinner in st kilda for his birthday, I had a singing lesson nearby (I was still studying my Bmus). He messaged me to say meet him on the pier before dinner. I was all like "it's such a long walk, why can't you meet me halfway!?". Anyway he was waiting there with a ring which completely floored me because I had no idea (I thought he was broke - we were both students with absolutely no money). I think I was so surprised that I forgot to say yes! Anyway then we ate delicious food and saw Ben Folds at the palais (another surprise).

IMG_1482009244.432700.jpg

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsDL For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (18-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DF proposed last Christmas Day. Nothing special, we were just at home getting ready to go out to see family. We aren't very romantic, but that's the way we like it. Two birds one stone he reckons

IMG_1482010698.420374.jpg

10. The Following User Says Thank You to babymummatobe For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (18-12-2016)

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    We had won a holiday to Fiji - had been together about 3 years and had talked generally that we would one day get marrried etc ... but I was totally not expecting it to be soon (I was 22)

We were on the beach on the last day and he ask me. We bought a ring in Brisbane on the way home Were just looking as a thing to do and I totally fell in love with a ring. It fit perfectly so we decided it was meant to be.

I spent the whole flight home giddy and staring at my ring

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (18-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We went out to dinner at a fairly expensive restaurant. He had the restaurant put the ring in a glass of champagne. Slightly cliche I guess but I'm just glad I didn't swallow it

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Zeddie For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (18-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nothing special here. Hubby works away so he his my ring in the shed until he was back next. We had just got home from xmas shopping I was sitting on the kitchen bench eating a Vegemite Sandwich and he called me into the bedroom and there he was in bended knee sweating like a ***** at church. He mumbled some really sweet words about my *** and how one day ill be a great Mum and the rest is history.

He did have plans for a romantic xmas eve proposal but he was getting too worked up and anxious that he said he just had to get it out.

2 beautiful sons and 4.5 years of Marriage.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by BEARD88; 18-12-2016 at 13:23.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to BEARD88 For This Useful Post:

Sabochan  (18-12-2016)