+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We had been together 6 weeks. We were laying on his bed watching a movie, he randomly says to me "soooo I'm thinking, maybe, if you want, we could like, make a commitment to each other?" I thought he meant that we would tell people we were a couple
    I said "yea sure" and he went on to say "well we don't need to tell anyone if you don't want to right away, and we will go ring shopping tomorrow" I was like HOLD UP WHAT JUST HAPPENED HERE?!?!?
    We were married 12 months later and will celebrate our 9th year of marriage in March

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ceejie For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (17-12-2016),Mamasupial  (17-12-2016),Renn  (17-12-2016),TheGooch  (17-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Share your proposal

. I
    Last edited by BettyV; 18-12-2016 at 06:30.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BettyV For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (17-12-2016),Mamasupial  (17-12-2016),TheGooch  (17-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had been together 4 years it was the night of my 20th birthday. He took me to a fancy restaurant then we went to an inner city park where he gave me my presents which were wrapped like a pass the parcel. Each layer had a note about our history and his feelings about me and us. At the end it said "look up" and he was holding the ring and asked me to marry him.

It's a custom made sapphire and 2 diamond ring which i love.

He is very good with creative and crafty things and used to make me elaborate hand made cards each birthday.

We are celebrating 10 years together tonight. Less creative romance these days with the 2 kids !

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueLips For This Useful Post:

littleriv  (17-12-2016),Mamasupial  (17-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueLips View Post
    We had been together 4 years it was the night of my 20th birthday. He took me to a fancy restaurant then we went to an inner city park where he gave me my presents which were wrapped like a pass the parcel. Each layer had a note about our history and his feelings about me and us. At the end it said "look up" and he was holding the ring and asked me to marry him.

It's a custom made sapphire and 2 diamond ring which i love.

He is very good with creative and crafty things and used to make me elaborate hand made cards each birthday.

We are celebrating 10 years together tonight. Less creative romance these days with the 2 kids !
    That's the sweetest story

8. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

BlueLips  (17-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had been together for 6 months, start of a week away on the Gold Coast & DH proposed at the top of the tower of terror at Dreamworld

Got my ring 2 hrs before my engagement party a month later then it was a made rush to diamonds international to choose one.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MyDino For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (17-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We were on holiday in NZ. He interrupted me watching American Chopper and proposed. I admit I was cranky about the interruption at the time.

We then went ring shopping.

We got a custom wedding ring done. And we will do an eternity ring at some point.
    Attached Images

12. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (17-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Nette View Post
    I'm going there at Christmas. I've been married for almost 16 years, so probably no turtle engagement for me.

There was absolutely nothing romantic about mine. I don't actually remember how we decided. I then had a ring custom made. DH picked it up and then I nagged him for a romantic dinner for him to give it to me. He properly proposed over pizza with the ring.
    Mine is a tad similar. We picked out a ring and I knew DH had picked it up from the jewellers. I thought he might propse Valentine's Day but he had no plans to.... until I nagged him so much that he went inside and came out (we were on our apartment's balcony) with the ring
    He proposed, I said yes, we got drunk. I was 20.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to smallpotatoes For This Useful Post:

BakingAbun  (17-12-2016),DJ Nette  (17-12-2016),Mamasupial  (17-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    DP has previously asked me to send him pics of styles I like.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (17-12-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (17-12-2016),TheGooch  (17-12-2016)

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Winner 2016 BubHubs DIVA Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamasupial View Post
    DP has previously asked me to send him pics of styles I like.
    That's exciting!
    I hope your proposal is just around the corner!
    What styles do you like? I'm always curious about engagement ring styles. We're all so different

18. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (17-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I first met my DH I stupidly told him I wouldn't even consider marrying someone unless I'd known them for at least two years SO...

our two year anniversary of first date he recreates the whole evening but it was pretty horrendous! The restaurant stuffed up my order badly, the movie we saw was so rubbish I whinged the whole way through & kept saying I was going home and the ice cream place -where he was going to propose- was shut! He was really annoying too, really jitttery and I kept asking him what was wrong & felt really fed up with him. Whoops! So went home, I got in the shower &I he tried to get in with me and I told him to bugger off basically lol

we get into bed and he says 'actually there's something I've been wanting to ask you', I said 'whaaaatttt' (basically fed up from the **** night &I just wanted to go to sleep) and he said 'I'd reallly love it if you'd be my wife' <3 I was completely dumbfounded!! He then told me about my two year rule and all he'd done to recreate the night. He'd even called and asked my father that day! I cried &I felt so giddy I don't think I slept as by then it was past midnight and I couldn't ring anyone to tell them lol

20. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsIsMe For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (17-12-2016)