+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week

Default A discussion on everything breast related.

Breasts...

Here are a few started points...

Dont feel like you have to answer all the points. Just say what you want...

How do you see breasts?
    As only a sexual thing
    As only breastfeeding tool.
    As a combo of the two
    As just another part of the body.

When should they be covered?
    Or if that's even a valid question.

When does respect become more important than a individual right to wear what they want...

Please come up with your own questions

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Q: How do you see breasts?
    As only a sexual thing
    As a combo of the two

A: A combo of the two.

Q: When should they be covered?

A: I think this one is a grey area. There are situations that are pretty black and white - def ok to have boobs out at the beach and when BF, def not ok to have them out at a funeral. There is a sliding scale for all situations in between. In general I wear more conservative necklines at work for example, but on the weekend I live in little beach dresses and (as I have huge boobs) they are pretty obvious. I never go braless as they are too big and it's too uncomfortable.

Q: When does respect become more important than a individual right to wear what they want...

A: I think respect is more important. Yes we all have the 'right' to do lots of things that we choose not to do because we want to live in harmony. I don't like to cause a scene over petty things and save up my rage-filled outbursts for more important matters.

When I see people wearing something I think is overly inappropriate for an occasion I would think to myself (or may mention to DF) that X looks tacky but then would move on and not think of it again.

Additional Q: how did your boobs change after BF?

A: Mine have gone down a cup size! I'm ecstatic. I'm still BF for hoping they will down down another cup size when I stop

3. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (17-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I see breasts as a body part like any other as well as to feed babies.

I'd prefer if they were covered in public unless breastfeeding

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Winner 2016 BubHubs DIVA Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveLivesHere View Post
    Breasts...

Here are a few started points...

Dont feel like you have to answer all the points. Just say what you want...

How do you see breasts?
    As only a sexual thing
    As a combo of the two

When does respect become more important than a individual right to wear what they want...

Please come up with your own questions
    These are really good questions.
    I've always seen them as breast feeding tools and also as a beautiful part of a woman's anatomy that can be purposeful, sexy, interesting, and dead boring!

I used to see mine as sexual. Then I had DS. Now they're kind of saggy memories of that lovely breastfeeding time.

As for when they should be covered, I'm
    Not 100% sure. I think I'm quite relaxed and sit more in the "each to their own" camp than the "covered at all times". In my own home, it's whatever I feel, which generally means a top of some kind - bra or bra-less.
    In public I'm not advocating for boobs as far as the eye can see, and appreciate bare chests of everyone covered, unless at the beach/pool.
    I personally don't care if people choose to go topless at beaches. Even if the law and/or culture says so. But I keep mine under cover.

Thanks
    Reviews
    To me, boobs are another body part with multiple uses/interpretations. I don't care, at all, when or where boobs are exposed.

The reality is that going topless in a boardroom wouldn't go down well, but I genuinely wouldn't care if someone did. Peoples' bodies don't offend me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Renn View Post
    To me, boobs are another body part with multiple uses/interpretations. I don't care, at all, when or where boobs are exposed.

The reality is that going topless in a boardroom wouldn't go down well, but I genuinely wouldn't care if someone did. Peoples' bodies don't offend me.
    Hmm given the proportion of men v women on boards, it might go down better than you think...! 😅

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Going to be honest here.

I have no issue with public breastfeeding.

I have no issue with topless bathing or deliberately and proudly exposing your breasts. Or cleavage tops.

I do admit I find people going braless under tops and aren't covered by a sweater or something - not as a show off thing but those who do it simply as they don't care what others think of them- as distasteful and impolite and lazy. I find it embarrassing (for them) and that you've completely let yourself go that you can't dress decently. I don't see that as a good thing. C'mon, it takes a few seconds to just put on a bra on for the general public. Or a tradesman at your door.
    Does it not bother you at all that people can see your tits and there is no real reason for it?
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 17-12-2016 at 11:33.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (17-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    I do admit I find people going braless under tops and aren't covered by a sweater or something - not as a show off thing but those who do it simply as they don't care what others think of them- as distasteful and impolite and lazy. I find it embarrassing and that you've completely let yourself go that you can't dress decently. I don't see that as a good thing. C'mon, it takes a few seconds to just put on a bra on for the general public. Or a tradesman at your door.
    Does it not bother you at all that people can see your tits and there is no real reason for it?
    My MIL & SIL's don't ever wear bras. They don't believe in it. They also don't shave their legs or underarms. It's just part of their lifestyle...

Personally I'd never leave the house without a bra, but I have full C cups and the jiggling around would be painful and obvious. Wish I could get away without a bra as they're so bloody hot and uncomfortable!

Thanks
    Reviews
    To answer the OP...

How do you see breasts?
    TBH mostly as a sexual thing. I tried breastfeeding, really didn't like it, and it didn't work out either time due to medical reasons, but that didn't bother me. No one in my family really breast fed either. So for me they've been more of a sexual thing than anything else.

In public at all times (aside from breastfeeding).

I think if we all want to live in a civilised and harmonious society we need to have respect for each other, so sometimes we need to compromise on what we might want to wear. For example, tshirts with offensive slogans, going topless in a family friendly area like a beach, etc.

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Winner 2016 BubHubs DIVA Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    Going to be honest here.

I have no issue with public breastfeeding.

I have no issue with topless bathing or deliberately and proudly exposing your breasts. Or cleavage tops.

I do admit I find people going braless under tops and aren't covered by a sweater or something - not as a show off thing but those who do it simply as they don't care what others think of them- as distasteful and impolite and lazy. I find it embarrassing (for them) and that you've completely let yourself go that you can't dress decently. I don't see that as a good thing. C'mon, it takes a few seconds to just put on a bra on for the general public. Or a tradesman at your door.
    I don't think it's an indicator of completely letting yourself go not wearing a bra. That seems an extreme assessment.
    The previous CEO at work never wore a bra and never shaved her armpits. That had zero impact on her ability to perform her role or to her reputation or the organisations.
    She also hadn't let herself go. Her clothes were beautiful, stylish and expensive. She accessorised beautifully. She just didn't feel the need to shave or wear a bra.
    She wore clothes that covered her breasts so not even a hint of side boob or cleavage. In fact, I saw less of her boobs than other staff who did wear bras but had cleavage showing.

I'd much prefer that example of someone not caring what others think than people who only care what others think about them. Probably one extreme end of the spectrum to the other.

It's also just my opinion. Everyone has different positions on this stuff.