+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Just chatting with my mum sil is getting a mother of the groom outfit made for her. Trying my best not to get all judge but seriously! Mind blown

I don't mind the trip to Melbourne it will be nice to spend a week with just the family celebrating my brothers wedding. Again trying not to get judge but at the end of the day that's what a wedding is celebrating a marriage not buying France out of all the lace.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CharlieDE For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (19-12-2016),BettyV  (18-12-2016),Mama Mirabelle  (18-12-2016),Mum-I-Am  (18-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieDE View Post
    a wedding is celebrating a marriage not buying France out of all the lace.
    Best quote I've heard in ages

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

bel2466  (18-12-2016),Mum-I-Am  (18-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    So are you actually going to pay the $1,500!!!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    So are you actually going to pay the $1,500!!!?
    God no!!!! My brother is getting it I still don't feel comfortable with it! I told them that Hannah doesn't have to be a flower girl but my brother wants her in the wedding.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is it at all possible the invoice was for the 3 flower girl dresses combined? I know personally a lot of the couture designers in Melbourne and know most dresses for weddings fall somewhere between 8 to 15k. If it's a well known designer (J'aton or anyone like that then those prices for a FG dress not surprised)
    Brides tend to go a little nuts in Melbourne. I've seen 30k dresses, Vera Wang brought in for OS. Curious to know if she's ethnic background as for these cultures a wedding has no budget as far as the brides side is concerned.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If they have the money I don't see the issue.

But if they expect people to buy the dresses then that's where it's an issue for me. I wouldn't make people spend $1300 on a dress I would make it affordable. I find people buying there own dresses a bit tacky

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    If they have the money I don't see the issue.
    For me the issue would be that I would feel extremely uncomfortable with someone spending that kind of money on my child. With the exception of grandparents if they insisted and had that kind of money, I don't think people should be spending more money on our children than we do.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mama Mirabelle For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (18-12-2016),Wise Enough  (18-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mason98 View Post
    I know money is a finite resource, but can I point out there is a few times in life things are too important for money to be a consideration, this is one of them, if you don't have the money just tell the powers that be and ask if they will help, I will bet they will.
    It baffles me that anyone would spend that sort of money on a wedding. DW and I aren't stingy by any means nor are we struggling financially but we would never have dreamt of spending that sort of money on our ceremony for things that would create no significance to the day. When we sat down and discussed what we wanted from the day, we agreed that it was to stand in front of our loved ones and share the commitment we were making to one another with them. It wasn't about putting on a show or about lavish designs. Our path to the ceremony location was lined with props that took us and our guests down memory lane of our relationship, we had fresh flowers that also sat along the way and we also had some rustic props that we even handmade ourselves. Everything had a special meaning or was sentimental. That night held a dinner for everyone in a private section of the restaurant where we had our first proper date. It was an amazing day and everyone said that it was done just beautifully. It had nothing to do with what it cost. It was about the meaning of the day and the fact that they could feel the amount of love we have for each other... not the love of expensive and lavish items. I just don't see how an infinite budget would have made a difference to our day. In fact we had budgeted to spend more but in the end didn't need to! It was absolutely perfect and I wouldn't have changed a thing!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to TortoiseNotTheHare For This Useful Post:

JustJaq  (19-12-2016)