Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Braless when you know tradesman are coming over?

I've been reading the site for a while and it's great.

But I thought I'd post a question I have

My hubby is a tradesman and we were chatting about dresses told me today that about half of the jobs he gets to in the earky mornings, the women who answer the door are braless

This surprised me! They know that he is turning up say at 7am to do work. Normally only an hour or so of work. But they know what time he's coming but they are still braless.

The times ive had to have someone come here, I make sure I have a bra on or at least not be visable like putting a sweater on!

I asked him a few questions about it and he said its about half of them that don't have one on. Like they are still wearing what they wore to bed. Such as quite thin tops. Not see through but very thin comfy tops which everything is very noticeable like nipples

Dont get me wrong, i don't think we need to wear bras if we dont want to and I know we all Dont but I know a lot more than half of us do so if they know he's coming around, why would they still be braless?

Its not like they open the door and then leave totally. They have to explain to him what's wrong so he can diagnose the issues. So they have to stand there and chat for quite some time sometimes.

Are they just showing off or am I reading into it too much?

I just thought if you knew a tradesman is coming over, you wouldn't wear a totally obvious thin top braless when you have to stand there and chat a little to him.

What do you think? Would you throw a bra on before you knew a tradesman was going to arrive?

Thanks for your opinions

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Daniellelawnt For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (16-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm a real estate agent and we see it all when we do property inspections! My property manager has had tenants open the door in a Towell or undies so I think it's more common than you think! I've shown a house for sale with people still in bed which is really uncomfortable ( for us and the buyers, the tenants didn't care!) and just about all my sales guys have been propositioned!
    Our tradies have told us many stories of what some tenants wear/do/offer them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    I'm a real estate agent and we see it all when we do property inspections! My property manager has had tenants open the door in a Towell or undies so I think it's more common than you think! I've shown a house for sale with people still in bed which is really uncomfortable ( for us and the buyers, the tenants didn't care!) and just about all my sales guys have been propositioned!
    Our tradies have told us many stories of what some tenants wear/do/offer them!
    Oh wow haha

I was just trying to work out if it's intentional or not I wonder

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Errrr I answer the door braless 99% of the time.

I am very much a person who does not give a hoot if someone wears a bra or not. If I could I would go braless all day every day.

Why should we have to wear one?

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (17-12-2016),HollyGolightly81  (16-12-2016),TheGooch  (16-12-2016),VicPark  (17-12-2016),yadot  (17-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I wear whatever i want in my house. I dont put a bra on but i do make sure you cant see my nipples but i would never put a sweater on etc..
    If i am breastfeeding and they see a full boob for a second well that tuff luck. I know for sure my plumber and electrician have sat and chatted while i fed one of boys. We even chatted about breastfeeding as his wife was pregnant with their first.

I dont know if the fact that i am old and frumpy. It just dosent even criss my mind that a tradie would be so disrespectful as stare at my boobs and what i am wearing to covering them. They are there to do a job and looking at me is not part of it.

All the tradies that come here and there a quite a few regulars as we have been building for 8 years have become like friends.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (16-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I never wear a bra at home, it's literally the first thing I do when I get home - take my bra off haha.

But, I have small boobs that don't need a bra really so I also go to the shops and out not wearing one, or in summer just wearing a bather top under my clothes.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    Errrr I answer the door braless 99% of the time.

I am very much a person who does not give a hoot if someone wears a bra or not. If I could I would go braless all day every day.

Why should we have to wear one?
    Oh. No judgment whatsoever. None

I just meant when workman are there in the house and you're chatting to them about the job, and you're wearing a thin top with nipples beaming. I thought it wouldn't be so common.

Braless is fine. And anything is fine in your own house. I more meant, that he was saying thin tops etc. Visable.

That was all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveLivesHere View Post
    I wear whatever i want in my house. I dont put a bra on but i do make sure you cant see my nipples but i would never put a sweater on etc..
    If i am breastfeeding and they see a full boob for a second well that tuff luck. I know for sure my plumber and electrician have sat and chatted while i fed one of boys. We even chatted about breastfeeding as his wife was pregnant with their first.

I dont know if the fact that i am old and frumpy. It just dosent even criss my mind that a tradie would be so disrespectful as stare at my boobs and what i am wearing to covering them. They are there to do a job and looking at me is not part of it.

All the tradies that come here and there a quite a few regulars as we have been building for 8 years have become like friends.

I understand. My hubby noticing nipples beaming obvious, and staring are two totally different thinks tho

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's a bra free zone here. My girls glory days are over so it doesn't matter anymore.

It wouldn't necessarily occur to me to put a bra on specifically for a tradesman but I wouldn't answer in something revealing.

I wouldn't think anyone would notice either way. But I also don't see it as suggestive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniellelawnt View Post
    Oh. No judgment whatsoever. None

I just meant when workman are there in the house and you're chatting to them about the job, and you're wearing a thin top with nipples beaming. I thought it wouldn't be so common.

Braless is fine. And anything is fine in your own house. I more meant, that he was saying thin tops etc. Visable.

That was all
    I honestly do not think its intentional. Most 'basic' pj/t shirt tops are thin. People are tired and go about their morning and the last thing on their mind is putting on a bra. Maybe they think if they put on a bra they are 'dressing up' for the tradie and don't want to give them the wrong idea (kinda like doing hair/makeup)?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast