Closed Thread
Page 99 of 122 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I know exactly how you feel @amywillo86 . I have started deliberately putting space between myself and pregnant friends. It is just too hard and despite the love and compassion they may have they still never quite understand and their (even nicely) probing questions are too much for me to handle.

Just find a coping strategy that works for you - and space and time away is a perfectly reasonable one. Otherwise vent away!
    Last edited by xinan; 29-01-2017 at 07:48.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SoReady View Post
    Another BFN from POAS this morning. I'm now 10dp5dt so I'm pretty sure tomorrow's bt will just be a formality to confirm it.

I have 6 x day 5 frosties left. I'm leaning towards sending 4 for pgd testing in the hope they would be back in time before my next transfer but if they're not then doing a double transfer with the remaining two. Unless of course my FS would like to try HRT.

Is anyone with Monash? I was told three week turnaround for PGD. Anyone know how accurate this is with them? I'll be pushing to get them back in time because this cycle I ovulated on day 12
    That sucks. Sending many hugs xxx

No idea re the PGD timing - may be centre/lab dependent. No harm in asking - let us know if you find out.
    Last edited by xinan; 29-01-2017 at 07:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Cooki do you remember what the put of pocket cost per embryo for pgd was?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Cooki do you remember what the put of pocket cost per embryo for pgd was?
    $740 per embryo and capped at $6000 so best to have many tested as possible in one go.
    We were hoping to get 7-10tested to get our money worth but some of our embryos weren't suitable so just ended up sending 5 for testing.
    No medicare rebate whatsoever but totally worth it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did you test fresh or already frozen embryos?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF/FET January/February 2017

Where im from its $5,000 Canadian to test a max of 8. No reduction in price if there is only a few embryos

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another BFN from POAS this morning. I'm now 10dp5dt so I'm pretty sure tomorrow's bt will just be a formality to confirm it.

I have 6 x day 5 frosties left. I'm leaning towards sending 4 for pgd testing in the hope they would be back in time before my next transfer but if they're not then doing a double transfer with the remaining two. Unless of course my FS would like to try HRT.

Is anyone with Monash? I was told three week turnaround for PGD. Anyone know how accurate this is with them? I'll be pushing to get them back in time because this cycle I ovulated on day 12
    Hi @SoReady, I'm with Monash and I had PGD in Dec, they told me 3 weeks too but I had results in 9 days and my friend also had a quicker result (10 days). My biopsies were on fresh embryos. Sorry to hear you had a btn on POAS, hopefully your bub is in this group of embryos- fingers crossed 🤞

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Lozzie1, yes it was December when I was told three weeks. Maybe it depends how busy they are. I was told though there is additional risk testing embryos that are already frozen because of the extra thaw and refreeze.
    I'm so torn. It's a lot of money to potentially put good ones at risk.
    I'm hoping I can speak with my FS quickly this week and discuss it further. I'm leaning towards just trying a double but see if she wants me to try hrt or stick to natural FET

Thanks
    Reviews
    @SoReady who is your FS? Sorry to hear about the BFN that sucks. I think your plan of a double transfer in between getting the others tested is a good idea.

I said to DH today that if this doesn't work I'll be asking for a double (don't think I'll be allowed because I'm too high risk with twins due to previous pregnancy) but I don't care. I'm still going to ask!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, got some phone signal and wanted to check in to see how everyone is going.
    @sabrina1717 how are you? BT tomorrow?