ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 122 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @amywillo86 can I ask what your AFC is and how many eggs you got?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by warratag View Post
    @Snoopa, did she explain why you she thought you may have miscarried at 8 weeks?
    We haven't seen her yet. Have to wait for new year. But from what my gp and docs at hospital have said that it's just so common. Apparently 1 in 5 pregnancies end in miscarriage. Not really any comfort.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @waratag Outside of IVF - one was 15 and another was 4. These tests were within a few months of each other, so I'm not really sure why they varied so much. I think this is why they do the AMH test as the follicle count can vary each month. During IVF they were 4 good sized follicles, and they collected 3 eggs. Did you have 10-13 good size follicles or total follicles?
    @Snoopa Im sorry to hear about your loss!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amywillo86 View Post
    @waratag Outside of IVF - one was 15 and another was 4. These tests were within a few months of each other, so I'm not really sure why they varied so much. I think this is why they do the AMH test as the follicle count can vary each month. During IVF they were 4 good sized follicles, and they collected 3 eggs. Did you have 10-13 good size follicles or total follicles?
    @Snoopa Im sorry to hear about your loss!
    So much variation.. My FS said each cycle differs. I wonder how we can improve each cycle..

That was the total follicle count during IVF. Does the AMH give us the number of follicles or the number of eggs?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It tests the level of anti-mullerian hormones, not the egg or follicle count. However people with a low AMH levels are more likely to have a lower egg/follicle count and be poor responders to IVF. Then again - it's all about quality! AMH doesn't predict the quality, just the quantity. You just need one good egg

6. The Following User Says Thank You to amywillo86 For This Useful Post:

warratag  (16-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has anyone ever done EPU with light sedation? Mine have been under a general anaesthetic.. But scared about light sedation.. Is it just like a Pap smear but a bit longer than a couple of minutes? They said they will give me Valium and some type of gas. Is that enough do you think? They said I need to be still.. A bit worried I won't be..

Thanks
    Reviews
    My clinic does "Twilight" sedation. The first one I was completely out and woke up in recovery. Second one I could hear voices and I remember being aware of something at one point and I moaned and they shushed me and said they were almost done and were just cleaning up...lol no idea what that means. I don't think second one was as strong as first because they said first one I was very drowsy after which isn't normal. If you've got gas and vallium I think you'll be ok. I've seen some clinics only use local! 😬

Thanks
    Reviews
    Local? Where do they inject the local one? I think I prefer local over a couple of valiums and gas which may make me nauseous?

Thanks
    Reviews
    BFN confirmed 🏻 now just have to wait for AF to show up. I have spoken to my FS's nurse and there's a chance I'll be going on the pill to predict when we can start again in January and do an FET with hormone replacement therapy... that's as much as I know and although I want to know exactly what's happening and every single detail I can't process it tonight so I'm happy to wait until Monday when she calls with more details. Will be enjoying my 1 glass of champagne on Sunday at my dads family Christmas!

I'll be on clexane & prednisolone for NK cells and at least 400mg of progesterone

My AMH was something stupid like 130 - being a PCOS girl it was expected to be high but that's ridiculous! Haha I got 19 eggs st my first EPU then 31 at my 2nd but it's definitely quality not quanity ladies!
    @warratag why do you have to do light sedation? I love me a bit of GA haha
    @Snoopa I'm so sorry about your M/C. I had bleeds at 6 & 9 weeks with my twins & it was terrifying but I cannot begin to imagine what you've gone through.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by warratag View Post
    Local? Where do they inject the local one? I think I prefer local over a couple of valiums and gas which may make me nauseous?
    Lol no idea. I haven't had local. I'm happy to be completely knocked out!