ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 122 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, thought I'd come join the party if that's ok. I'm actually going for my BT this morning but I'm expecting a BFN as my HPT has been fading to a negative the last couple of days, so I know it's all chemical. Despite a grade 4AA hatching blastocyst and age in my favour, it just didn't happen this time around so feeling a little bit blue. However, I'm planning on jumping straight into it again for attempt #2 going to give it all I've got!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkin14 View Post
    @MrsBMum2be my AMH was 137 or something ridic! Given your clinic result hopefully the Gonal F gets you nice big follies too!!!
    Woah that's a mighty high amh! I hope you don't mind me asking but does an amh that high affect egg quality?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkin14 View Post
    Welcome @MrsBMum2be !! I hope your first round is the one that gets you your baby!

Do you know what your AMH was? I started on 112.5 Gonal F & was a very slow responder despite my PCOS & high AMH. I ended up on 200 menopur for 3 days the it slowly decreased. I got 19 & 31 eggs in 2 collections and didn't get OHSS. I was lucky! But just goes to show it's very individual.
    That's a nice egg haul each go! Did you get many to freeze? My fs is cautious of my amh being high at around 39, but I got 4 eggs first go all mature. 10 second go with only 5 mature. None to freeze each time. I'd love to be able to have some to freeze. Its hard starting from scratch each go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kattran View Post
    Hi everyone, thought I'd come join the party if that's ok. I'm actually going for my BT this morning but I'm expecting a BFN as my HPT has been fading to a negative the last couple of days, so I know it's all chemical. Despite a grade 4AA hatching blastocyst and age in my favour, it just didn't happen this time around so feeling a little bit blue. However, I'm planning on jumping straight into it again for attempt #2 going to give it all I've got!
    Welcome! Sorry to hear about the chemical. That must be so hard! Hugs!
    I think we're all busting down the gate to get to Jan so we can start again! I can imagine the clinics will be very busy in Jan!
    I hope the 2nd one is more positive. Will it be a fresh cycle?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Snoopa For This Useful Post:

MrsBMum2be  (22-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm actually really surprised the clinics close down. I understand maybe less staff but seriously women's fertility & mental state can't be put on hold!?!! Don't they know how crazy the wait makes us

If I could share my AMH I would ladies!! But unfortunately a high AMH doesn't mean good quality. Of the first 19 eggs we had 4 day 5 blasts, one was transferred and the others didn't make it to freezing. In the 2nd EPU I had 34 eggs, 30 mature, 20 fertilize by day 3 we had 19 embryos. My FS had decided based on poor results of my previous cycle (with a different FS) she would freeze half at day 3 and watch the rest until day 5. This was a gamble but because I had so many she wanted to. Unfortunately by day 5 we had nothing to freeze. But on day 3 we had 2 transferred & 6 frozen! The 2 transferred resulted in my now nearly 3 yr old twins ❤️❤️ my last FET was one of the 6 but unfortunately BFN so we have 5 left.

I hope in that 5 there's one or 2 more babies for us but if not I think I'll do 1 more full stim cycle - never thought I would say that but I'm invested now!
    @kattran I'm sorry to see you here fingers crossed you get good news today @MrsBMum2be I have PCOS, NK cells and we also have male factor issues so good times 🏻 my biggest piece of advice for you that I wish I had of really listened to is to go into this with an open mind & that your 1st round of IVF is really a trial run as no one knows how your body will respond but your FS will learn so much from the first cycle that if you do have to do a 2nd cycle it'll be with far more knowledge. That said I hope you dont have to listen to me & it works perfectly for you!! I'm just one of those unlucky ones that kept finding out there were more issues ! Bub hub is amazing... the advice I have got from here over the years has been priceless... if it wasn't for BH I would have my babies I'm sure of it.

Bring on January ladies...! I'm glad for the Christmas distraction but come Jan 1st I'll be chomping at the bit!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to munchkin14 For This Useful Post:

MrsBMum2be  (22-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I think my FET will be first or 2nd week of Jan. So here we go with my last frosty

Thanks
    Reviews
    Think positive. 5 more in the freezer!

When dh and I started this process, one of the first things we said was when we're done creating our family, if there was any left over embryo we'd donate them. So far we are lucky we can use our own eggs and sperm (sadly none to freeze yet). I would be heartbroken if I was told I couldn't use my own or have kids. I'd love to be able to help people once I'm done. Depending on my age when we're done too I'd even donate my eggs I think

Thanks
    Reviews
    What are nk cells and how does one test if you have it? Are there signs and symptoms?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's day 1 of my cycle so just called the clinic and I'm straight back into the game. Have to go for my day 2 BT tomorrow and doing our last FET.
    They graded this one a B so no one including us is expecting this one to work but at least we will know.

Good luck @Cmp239, hopefully this Frosty is the one x

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mish239 For This Useful Post:

kattran  (22-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good luck for this cycle @mish239! Is your clinic only closed on the public holidays? Also, are you transferring a day 5 embryo or day 3? Good luck hun! You never know, it might be the one that gets you the bfp!