ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 100 of 122 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1213
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hello ladies

For those considering a double transfer, you might like to check out this link - https://www.theguardian.com/science/...os-study-finds

As for me - I'm in the TWW at the moment!

Anyone know if Crinone can delay AF?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JustJaq For This Useful Post:

Peninsula Girl  (29-01-2017),sabrina1717  (29-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @JustJaq, Yes progesterone eg Crinone, Oprio etc can delay AF... Some bleed with it but others bleed about two days after stopping it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @xinan I liked the article your linked... Did you just google this? I'm always interested in research in this area and just often use pubmed but is there a better way? I'm over 40 so often looking for info on protocols etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummanow View Post
    @xinan I liked the article your linked... Did you just google this? I'm always interested in research in this area and just often use pubmed but is there a better way? I'm over 40 so often looking for info on protocols etc.
    I'm glad. I'm a medico so I can't be sure that I didn't find it on medline. I also use google scholar. Don't remember unfortunately!

After two complete ICSI failures with zero fertilisation I did a bit of looking to try and gain some understanding myself. Some of it is fairly technical but I have found it insightful. Most importantly we have had the benefit of adding calcium to the ICSI process, which my FS feels is certainly a factor in our success at the moment (had one egg fertilise and am now d6p3dt and well and truly feeling the 2ww).

Let me know if you've found any other interesting reads

6. The Following User Says Thank You to xinan For This Useful Post:

mummanow  (29-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF/FET January/February 2017

Quote Originally Posted by JustJaq View Post
    Hello ladies

For those considering a double transfer, you might like to check out this link - https://www.theguardian.com/science/...os-study-finds

As for me - I'm in the TWW at the moment!

Anyone know if Crinone can delay AF?
    Such mixed information out there...! After 3 miserable cycles my FS allowed me to transfer 2 on my 4th cycle and I had twins. Granted they were premmie but with no complications and now you'd never know.

When DH and I were deciding I started a thread on BH about double embryo transfers and the consensus of all the replies was that majority got 1 baby out of it. Only very few sets of twins.

I don't know... think I'd still risk it! Plus mine are day 3 so they still have to survive a few days before becoming blasties!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to munchkin14 For This Useful Post:

mummanow  (29-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xinan View Post
    I'm glad. I'm a medico so I can't be sure that I didn't find it on medline. I also use google scholar. Don't remember unfortunately!

After two complete ICSI failures with zero fertilisation I did a bit of looking to try and gain some understanding myself. Some of it is fairly technical but I have found it insightful. Most importantly we have had the benefit of adding calcium to the ICSI process, which my FS feels is certainly a factor in our success at the moment (had one egg fertilise and am now d6p3dt and well and truly feeling the 2ww).

Let me know if you've found any other interesting reads
    Did you take a calcium supplement? I wonder if it's too late to take it now? Do you need to take it for some time?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mish239 View Post
    Hi all, got some phone signal and wanted to check in to see how everyone is going.
    @sabrina1717 how are you? BT tomorrow?
    Hey!! Missed you! Hope you're having an awesome time away

When's your scan??

Blood test for me tomorrow. Don't feel like it'll be positive.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF/FET January/February 2017

Quote Originally Posted by munchkin14 View Post
    Such mixed information out there...! After 3 miserable cycles my FS allowed me to transfer 2 on my 4th cycle and I had twins. Granted they were premmie but with no complications and now you'd never know.

When DH and I were deciding I started a thread on BH about double embryo transfers and the consensus of all the replies was that majority got 1 baby out of it. Only very few sets of twins.

I don't know... think I'd still risk it! Plus mine are day 3 so they still have to survive a few days before becoming blasties!
    See this is my dilemma. My first son was a normal straightforward pregnancy and full term birth. My second son was born via emergency cs at 30+5 because I developed a blood clot between the placenta and uterus wall. He was healthy and fine but caught a virus in the NICU (most likely due to someone's poor handwashing) and died when he was 8 days old. So it's complicated, he didn't die because of complications related to being prem, but being prem meant he wasn't strong enough to fight the virus he caught. So, given I would now be considered high risk anyway I've been unsure what to do about a double transfer. I don't actually have any risk factors for the clot I got and they have likened it to being struck by lightening. However it is why his month we had decided to just do one more single transfer but I think next month I want to try a double.
    Last edited by SoReady; 29-01-2017 at 17:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkin14 View Post

I know! I've never had 2 embryos, so I've never had to decide!

I think the research is fairly clear though that a double transfer doesn't increase your chances of pregnancy, but it does increase your chance of multiples - so additional risk, and no benefit. I can try to find something about this later if anyone is interested.

I was really surprised by that article i posted though - saying a double transfer could actually decrease your chances!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to JustJaq For This Useful Post:

Peninsula Girl  (29-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by warratag View Post
    Did you take a calcium supplement? I wonder if it's too late to take it now? Do you need to take it for some time?
    They add calcium to the in vitro process, I doubt changing your calcium intake would remotely effect the process as it is not likely to be related to calcium present in the egg (ie on your end) - it is simply an additional means of stimulating fertilisation in the lab.

I would change anything you're doing without talking to your FS first, other than having a healthy diet which i suspect you're doing anyway

15. The Following User Says Thank You to xinan For This Useful Post:

warratag  (29-01-2017)