+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Ebay help

I am an extreme newbie to eBay. I bought something and I pressed the Buy now button twice on my phone so committed to buying it twice. I messaged the seller and let them know my mistake and only wanting 1 of the item. I however then recieved an email from them stating they have combined postage. I don't want to pay for it knowing I have messaged the seller and didn't intend to buy the item twice.

What else can I do? I thought I already paid through PayPal but haven't as I checked this morning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would contact eBay and ask what is the best thing to do? But I think once you 'commit to buy' there isn't a lot you can do to get out of it. Does the seller accept returns, could you purchase both and return one of them?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just don't pay it. I always accidentally purchase things and just message them to let them know. Eventually it goes to eBay and they report it as nonpayment or something like that. I've never had to pay for something I didn't want.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to babymummatobe For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (15-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Happymum2 View Post
    I would contact eBay and ask what is the best thing to do? But I think once you 'commit to buy' there isn't a lot you can do to get out of it. Does the seller accept returns, could you purchase both and return one of them?
    I am not sure if they accept returns. Would have to go and have a look but I don't particularly feel like spending more money on postage for something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    All you can do is hope the seller responds to your message and cancels the second purchase. Unfortunately though eBay make it pretty clear that by bidding on an item or clicking "buy it now" you are committing to a contract to purchase. It is totally up to the buyers discretion as to whether they let it go or not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by M'LadyEm View Post
    All you can do is hope the seller responds to your message and cancels the second purchase. Unfortunately though eBay make it pretty clear that by bidding on an item or clicking "buy it now" you are committing to a contract to purchase. It is totally up to the buyers discretion as to whether they let it go or not.
    This

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yeah pretty much the T&C state it is the buyer responsibility to get it right.

Have they taken the money through paypal yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    No money has been taken out yet. Maybe I should just suck it up and hope I really like what I have bought.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztiks#1Fan View Post
    No money has been taken out yet. Maybe I should just suck it up and hope I really like what I have bought.
    There is still time for them to get back to you.

You can always resell when you receive it if you cannot get a refund.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have messaged the seller again. If they haven't replied back by Friday, I will just purchase the items and hope I like them. Not really any point in reselling them on tbh. I have someone I can give them to but it really depends on how good they actually work as well.