ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I live in Brisbane and in summer the kids don't have that much.

DS is older and at almost 4 wears shorts and singlet or shirt. And if he wants sheet/blanket covers himself.

DD (8 months) is currently in short sleeved onesie and bare legs. I have not dressed her in long sleeves in ages. On super hot nights DS had a singlet.

I would think she is ok. Cold arms are not a bad thing and does not mean she is cold.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (12-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Im in adelaide, my older two are in a singlet and undies but still under their (not too hot) quilt, & the youngest is in a sleeping bag (I think it's around 1.5 tog?) with short sleeve and short leg onesie, & a firm , but not too warm, blanket tucked over her. So now I am wondering if I have overdressed her! I personally find they regulate their temp better with an armless sleeping bag, & bare arms - they can release their heat through their arms. She usually has a firm blanket tucked in over her lower half, she sleeps better with the security/ weight of it I guess. I am a cold person, so tonight I will be sleeping in a singlet and shorts, & underneath a quite heavy quilt - so I am dressed similar if not warmer than my kids are.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to cheeeeesecake For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I just went to check on her and her room is 24 now and she wasn't warm at all so I'll leave her for now and check her again before I go to sleep. I think tomorrow night I'll do 0.3 tog!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    I just went to check on her and her room is 24 now and she wasn't warm at all so I'll leave her for now and check her again before I go to sleep. I think tomorrow night I'll do 0.3 tog!
    Do you have a blanket you could tuck her in with? Not sure if she moves around a lot but if she does not it might work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    Do you have a blanket you could tuck her in with? Not sure if she moves around a lot but if she does not it might work.
    No she's currently laying horizontal up at the top of the cot so blankets aren't any use with her. If she gets hot in the night I'm sure she will get restless and call out but tomorrow night I'll definitely use the lighter sleeping bag! I'm reluctant to go stuff around with her now as DH is away so if she wakes I have to deal with it myself!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Tonight (in Adelaide) 4 year old DD is in shorts and a singlet, under an empty quilt cover. DS (18 months) is in a singlet suit and 0.5 TOG sleeping bag. We had the air con on up until about an hour ago. It's currently 24 degrees in our lounge room.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Renn For This Useful Post: