ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    My kids got absolutely spoilt today - as per usual DS turned 2 only 2 months ago and MIL bought him Jenga!!!! Okay; the kid can't even stack 3 mega blocs together! And DD got hungry hungry hippoes!!! Plus far too many other things.

My brother at least stuck to the 1 gift each and got DD some frozen stationery, DS a book set and for DH, the kids and I he sponsored some money to go towards indigenous kids' education programmes! I gave him the biggest hug and said now THIS is a present! I'm so thankful he is very thoughtful, he usually always buys 'us' a goat! Which is awesome!

I heard something on the radio yesterday which was Australians are due to spend $42 billion in Christmas gifts this year. I wanted to throw up!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (25-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    OMG my kids got spoiled in DH's family last night it was obscene. Approx ~8 gifts per kids and that was without us parents contributing.
    The kids were acting like they were on drugs, running like maniacs, spending presents, tossing it aside and running to the next present.

Made me super uncomfortable but it seems to be the tradition at DH's (first Christmas we ever did with them so it was new for me) and adults were very pleased.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ExcuseMyFrench For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (26-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ExcuseMyFrench View Post
    OMG my kids got spoiled in DH's family last night it was obscene. Approx ~8 gifts per kids and that was without us parents contributing.
    The kids were acting like they were on drugs, running like maniacs, spending presents, tossing it aside and running to the next present.

Made me super uncomfortable but it seems to be the tradition at DH's (first Christmas we ever did with them so it was new for me) and adults were very pleased.
    Even with this thread and me expressing that I didn't want ds to have too much, he definitely still did. Very much a lesson for DH and I to not do too much since so many others give gifts. I didn't think we had but he was pretty overwhelmed with it all. Taking notes for next year!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We were pretty lucky I think! My brother gave DD a toddler basketball ring which is great because it's active and something she can use outside for a few years.
    My parents gave us $100 towards her table and chairs set and then gave her a pair of pjs (she doesn't wear pjs yet she wears wondersuits and bodysuits still), a dress and leggings that won't fit til next summer, a bucket of plastic nuts and bolts, a book set, and a toy dog in a fluffy handbag. So that's not too excessive.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (26-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    Even with this thread and me expressing that I didn't want ds to have too much, he definitely still did. Very much a lesson for DH and I to not do too much since so many others give gifts. I didn't think we had but he was pretty overwhelmed with it all. Taking notes for next year!
    This is me too! Especially as DS is only 3.5. He loved everything he got, and I did actually get him some stuff off gumtree (i huge tub of duplo) and he's been playing with it all non stop but I've boxed up about half the toys to bring them out later in the year.