ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Cheap coupon ideas

I am looking at making up some coupons for my nana for christmas however I can't think of anything apart from some dinner coupons(she will come to my house for a meal) which i was going to give 4 of those. She doesn't want me to spend any money and if I do spend money, very little.

She is your typical late 70's nana, stuck in her old ways. While she isn't fussy(she loved her coffee cup last year with a dog on it which she was originally going to put in her wall unit until I convinced her to use it), I just can't think of anything to put on the coupons I want to make. I have coloured paper and can use the printers at work.

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What a sweet idea!

Putting on my thinking cap here (and not being familiar with your circumstances, so apologies if I'm off the mark)....

Do you have kids? You could give her vouchers for some special 1 on 1 time with them?

A voucher for a picnic in the park?

Oooohhh, how about a coffee and cake date?

When I think back to my Nanna the one thing she always loved was time. Time with her family!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sweet.

What about some household chores like clean her house, moe her lawn, or do her ironing?

I love the coffee and cake date or picnic idea.

Would she like a movie night with you and her grandchild? Popcorn and pizza and a DVD?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to binnielici For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (12-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    A mini pamper?
    - hand massage
    -nails painted
    - an offer to drive her to run errands
    - a mini high tea

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bel2466 For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (12-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Thanks for some idea. Might do a coffee/cake definately. She loves spending time with DS who is 9 and will take him overnight every now and again. He loves going there too.
    @binnielici I wouldn't dare touch her house/mowing/ironing because of how she is. Even my dad won't touch her lawn. She is just too set in her ways to change.
    @Blossom74 I was thinking time if anything she would like. She loves coming over for dinner hence why the vouchers with some dates so she knows when.
    @bel2466 great ideas but she is far from a pamper person. I have offered to do her nails many times with gel or even jamberry but she declines.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Myztiks#1Fan For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (12-12-2016),Blossom74  (12-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe get DS to give you some ideas too. Sometimes Nanna's say things to them they like, so he may have some great ideas ? Maybe some fresh bunch of flowers taken over to her every now and then ? Maybe some nice coffee or tea ? I know you said you didn't want ideas for gifts, but a labour of love, maybe take her shopping once in a while ? Wash her car ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 4LeafClover View Post
    Maybe get DS to give you some ideas too. Sometimes Nanna's say things to them they like, so he may have some great ideas ? Maybe some fresh bunch of flowers taken over to her every now and then ? Maybe some nice coffee or tea ? I know you said you didn't want ideas for gifts, but a labour of love, maybe take her shopping once in a while ? Wash her car ?
    If I left it to DS, he would get her some giant stuffed teddy bear he found that is extremely overpriced. Last year he got her a teddy and flowers plus some dvds that she liked. I just don't have the money this year to go all out.

I don't drive either and she takes her sister shopping. She really doesn't want or need for anything.