+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Having had a c-sec back in July I found it odd that the hospital allowed the dad to take the baby out of theatre so soon after delivery ?

I know with mine my ob lifted him out let me touch DS whiles I cried like a baby then our paed took over to clean and check up before giving him to me for skin to skin while I was stitched up then recovery with me then dp wheeled him up to my room while I was wheeled up seperately when I got there my mum had already scooped him out of his bassinet and had taken a million pictures which didn't worry me as I'd had lots of cuddles and feeding time already

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Discuss: TV presenter holding newborn before mother.

I think it's incredibly disrespectful, and as a Mum, she should know better!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Discuss: TV presenter holding newborn before mother.

Yeah I'd be pretty livid with my DH if he handed out newborn over to a tv presenter. Luckily I am 100% sure he would never do that! We also had no visitors in hospital til DD was 2 days old so no one except DH and the staff touched DD.
    @M'LadyEm I was in ICU before and after DDs birth for 24hrs as I was on a magnesium sulfate infusion and had a monitor stitched into an artery in my wrist during the c-section due to severe preeclampsia. DD was brought to ICU with me for a few minutes before she had to go to special care. As they wheeled me into ICU all the staff rushed and crowded around as it's not every day a newborn comes to ICU. I get they were excited but it freaked me out I was really unwell and upset and I asked them to leave us alone and get out of my face they probably thought I was a right b!tch!
    They only brought DD to me twice in the next 24hrs as they didn't have staff in SCN to come with her I was begging to be discharged to the ward from ICU so I could be closer to her. I finally was but the next day deteriorated and wasn't allowed to go to SCN again and DD was in a humidicrib so couldn't come to me. It was awful. I hardly saw her the first 3 days as we both had so many complications. My DH was amazing with her though and helped me express my colostrum for her nasogastric feeds.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh ladies, some of your stories of babies being passed around and photographed while you're being attended to are just heartbreaking. I'm so sorry. I would find it very hard to forgive my family if they ever dis that

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cheeeeesecake For This Useful Post:

bezzy  (13-12-2016),Mama Mirabelle  (13-12-2016)