+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My DD got hers for her 5th birthday. I never asked her until I thought she was old enough to take some responsibility for them . We talked about the pain and the aftercare and she was happy. She hated them and took them out 6 weeks later. Got them done again at 13 !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I wouldn't even consider it until they ask and understand what is involved.

I'm also against the use of piercing guns and someone with little training or experience doing it.

Dd1 (5) asked a while ago, so I explained the process to her and she decided to wait.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wouldn't do it to my baby/toddler because I can't get their permission. I am happy for DD to get hers done when she wants to (she's 7 and has no interest so far). I don't like the look of them in really young kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had all 4 of my daughters ears pierced under the age of 1. I wanted them done younger to avoid them touching them and risking infection. My mum waited for me to ask for mine to be done, I was around 6 when I did and still remember the trauma from it. They got infected, the earring embedded in my earlobe and I had to go to hospital to get it out.
    After a post a year or so ago asking about piercings, I actually asked my girls if they regret us having them done so young and made them 100% aware they could remove their earrings at any time. That conversation turned to them wanting all sorts of new earrings!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

DT75  (12-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My little girl who is 6 would love to have her ears pierced and has been asking for 'pretties' for years BUT I had mine done at 18 (the day I left home as I was not allowed ever!) and I know it hurts and I can't hurt my baby until she really really can comprehend what's going to happen & that they need to be looked after.

I always imagine it would uncomfortable for a baby to sleep with earrings in as I find it uncomfy and take mine out so I wouldn't do it purely from that aspect.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsIsMe For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (12-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJaq View Post
    So, in the interests of starting a thread that might be interesting - what do you think about parents piercing the ears of babies and young kids?
    What do you think? Should there be an age limit for ear piercing?
    I don't think about it as we all make choices for our children and what other people do to their/for their kids whether aesthetic or otherwise, is none of my business.
    As for age limits, whatever the law is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't care. I can tell they're a girl if they're baldy and a new born Is the child fed, clean and loved.. that's what is important. It's not like it's baby Botox or something

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Uniquey View Post
    I don't think about it as we all make choices for our children and what other people do to their/for their kids whether aesthetic or otherwise, is none of my business.
    As for age limits, whatever the law is.
    What? *Not* judging other people? That's not in the spirit of BubHub!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JustJaq For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (12-12-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (12-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJaq View Post
    What? *Not* judging other people? That's not in the spirit of BubHub!
    Lol. This. 😁

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I did not as a baby ... The thought of them maybe coming out and her putting them in her mouth was enough to put me off even without the issues of it being her choice to make and not mine.

I had originally told her she could when she was 8 - however when she was 6 she started begging me to be allowed to get them done, so eventually I relented and allowed her to for her 7th birthday. She is terribly afraid of pain (and I explained how it was done and that it would hurt etc) - but she was determined.

She got them done, and has loved them ever since. Took very good care of them (and still does), and loves her earrings.