+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How do I get my period back after coming off the pill??

Hi all,

I got off the pill in October after being on Yasmin for 6 years with no breaks. I had a 5 day normal bleeding a few days after and haven't had my period since. I know it can take a while before you body gets in to routine again but is there any way I can speed up (help my body) get my regular periods back? I had regular periods before I went on the pill. I have a feeling that the gp will just tell me to wait, take w pregnancy test (which I've done) and that's it. Does anyone know if there is any supplements that are good? I'm a healthy person, not over weight and I exercise regularly.
    Any advise would be highly appreciated as my husband and I are trying to conceive.

Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a similar issue as you coming off the pill and ttc.
    My first cycle was 65 days, then 56 and the cycle I fell pregant was 45.
    Unfortunately it takes a while for it to work it's way out of your system, but I know how frustrating it can be waiting!
    I took vitex which you can get from most health stores. Not sure if it helped but I was told it can help with cycle regulation.
    Wishing you all the best in your ttc journey 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, thanks for the advise, I'm going to look it up it is very frustrating having to wait not knowing what's going on, I've read so many comments online about women not getting their periods back for over a year etc and would be so sad if this happened to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think it's quite common to take 60+ days for periods to come back, with each cycle getting slightly shorter. I think it took me 12 months+ to get back to 28 days.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bezzy For This Useful Post:

Yosofine  (12-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the implanon removed at the end of August and still havent had a bleed at all! Ive been to my gp and had 2 lots of bloods taken as well as an ultrasound. Even though my progesterone levels are super low (less than 0.5) my doctor has said all i can do is wait it out. There was an option to go back onto a combined pill to force the period and force my hormones to cooperate but I had a stroke in July this year so any BCP is off the table for me. I started taking Vitex and Maca the last 4 weeks, no movement as yet but it can take a couple of months for these to take effect. Ive also booked in to an accupuncturist next week. I am desperate to get my hormones balanced so we can conceive. Fingers crossed the accupuncture does something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the same sort of situation recently too. I was on the pill for 10 years, I had a couple months break late last year where my period regulated straight away. But this time I came off the pill again late August to ttc, had a withdrawal bleed and then didn't get a period for 90 days. During that time though I started taking vitamins (folic acid and vitex) and began charting my basal body temperature to give me an idea of if anything was going on down there.

It was all very frustrating and stressful not knowing what's happening, and unfortunately worrying about it can delay AF even more so it's best to just relax, look after yourself and prepare your body while you're waiting for AF to return.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you, wow seems like I'm in for a long journey it's so hard not to stress about all of this and I know how important it is not to.
    Thanks everyone, also..what will a blood test show? Is it to find out if I'm low in something? I already know my iron level are low and eating iron supplements.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its to check ur hormone levels. Just let the gp know ur ttc, havent had ur period and would like a blood test to check it all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My period didn't come back :-( best to get your hormone levels checked

Thanks
    Reviews
    Never got it back? Can that happen? Omg.
    So if they check my hormone levels and find something is not right are there supplements you can get?