+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Muchulu1... what is a HRT FET tho? Lol and congrats!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DS was a HRT FET. You take oestrogen tabs from day 2, add estrogen & progesterone pessaries just before transfer and continue it all after transfer. You don't ovulate so the lining etc is stimulated by the medications so you have to continue them until about 12 weeks (when placenta takes over) if you get a BFP.
    I've done a stim FET and HRT and much preferred the HRT - found it less invasive.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rosey82 For This Useful Post:

Muchulu1  (14-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope you don't mind me jumping in on this thread but I am about to begin a HRT FET after a BFN on a low dose stim cycle.
    @rosey82 & @Muchulu1 can you please walk me through it? I haven't seen my nurse yet so feeling a bit blinded! If you don't ovulate how do they know when to to the transfer?

I'll be on E2 patches, progynova & 3x400mg progesterone

5. The Following User Says Thank You to munchkin14 For This Useful Post:

7liha  (02-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No worries hun, thats a good question id like to know too as i dont ovulate every month any more

Thanks
    Reviews

Default FET whats involved..?

@munchkin14 Sorry to hear about your BFN. That's never easy. Good to hear you have a plan moving forward. Sending you lots of baby dust .
    @7liha All the best for baby #2!!

For my HRT FET I used 3x 4mg progynova & 3x 300mg progesterone. I started on the progynova for ~14 days until my E2 levels were up. Once they were up I introduced the progesterone. The progesterone prepares/ synchronizes your lining with the age of your embryo. For my HRT FET I added progesterone ~CD15 & transferred a blastie ~CD20.
    One of the advantages of HRT is you can delay the introduction of progesterone so the timing of your transfer suits your schedule. From memory I could have done my transfer a day earlier but I opted to delay commencement of progesterone so I could transfer on my day off.
    I found the HRT cycle very simple & straightforward compared to all my other fresh & low dose stim FET's. The downside is that if your are successful you need to continue on all the drugs until the end on the first trimester.
    Wishing you all the best!!
    Last edited by Muchulu1; 03-01-2017 at 01:37.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine was pretty much the same as @Muchulu1.
    They just decide on transfer timing from hormone levels and lining, so there is a degree of flexibility there.
    After transfer you continue on everything, my clinic tested progesterone weekly after pregnancy was confirmed and upped my pessaries to 6 per day, continued until 12 weeks.
    No injections! So much less invasive than a stim cycle.
    Be prepared for the extra cost of the meds - I added it all up & we spent $1500 on pessaries alone (over the 12 weeks), but got a bit back from HBF. Hopefully your compounding pharmacy will let you just pick up a week at a time.
    Best of luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @munchkin14 @7liha @rosey82
    Yes the pessaries get quite expensive over the 12/14wks! If I was to do it again I would make sure I had pharmaceutical cover inc. in my PHI policy. I have top hospital with a basic extras policy. In retrospect I should have upped my extras policy. I think with HBF pharmaceutical cover there is no waiting period so I could have claimed straight away. Medicare didn't offer any rebate on the progesterone. I think all up inc. FS fees I was out of pocket ~$2500 for the cycle. All my other FET's were about 1/2 that.
    FYI we did a double transfer & got pregnant with a singleton.
    All the best!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default FET whats involved..?

Thank you so much @Muchulu1 @rosey82 - I have an incompetent cervix so If I get pregnant I'll be on progesterone until around 36wks!! It's certainly going to be costly but I do have pharmaceutical cover on my PHI so that'll help a little. And all worth it!!

With 6 pessaries a day which mg was your total for the day??
    Last edited by munchkin14; 03-01-2017 at 13:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Trying to remember.... 3x 400mg P4 and 3x combos which were E2/P4 200mg I think? So 1800mg per day!
    I costed the compounding pharmacy vs getting the Oripro from a regular pharmacy (I work in a pharmacy) and even with my staff discount the compounding pharmacy was still cheaper.