+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default VBA2C what are my chances?

Hi ladies.
    Newly pregnant with #4 and want to get as much info as I can from anyone who has had a successful VBA2C.

My birth history:

2008 C-SECTION (due to fetal distress)
    2010 VBAC
    2013 C-SECTION (due to preeclampsia and he was breech)

I am due August 2017 so it will be almost 4 years since my second c-section.

Any chance I'd get a Dr to agree to a vbac this time around?

I have private health insurance so still deciding whether to go public or private (first 3 were public)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Where would you likely be delivering? The fact you have already had a successful VBAC works in your favour, but not everyone would be happy to accept you for care.

A school friend of mine had a successful VBA2C. Her first 2 were emergency CS for fetal distress so she had laboured with both of them before going to theatre. With her third, the local hospital wasn't happy to accept her for care so transferred her to the tertiary hospital where she had a successful VBA2C and then came back for no 4 and had another successful VBA2C.

It is likely that it will be recommended you deliver at a tertiary hospital for the sake of having emergency theatres on standby in the case of requiring emergency CS. There are very real risks involved so you won't want to be too far away from those services. You could go publicly or you could find a private obstetrician who will deliver at the public hospital.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your reply. Currently I would be closest to Logan hospital (qld) where I had my son. But had my first 2 at Mater Mothers (Brisbane). So would probably go there if they require me to have more immediate care.

Will definitely be looking in to it!

Thanks again

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a successful VBAC earlier this year. (Not a VBA2C) check out a private midwife service. I was booked to deliver at Gold Coast (no catchment restrictions) & private midwives have admitting rights. I ended up having to deliver at Logan as my bub came too quick & his heart rate was dropping. PM me if you have anymore questions

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cant wait to be a mummy For This Useful Post:

mumoftwoprincess  (11-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Ah, Logan is where my friend had her first 2 and MMH is where she delivered the second 2 (both successful VBACs). So def get a referral to the MMH from your GP. Should be no dramas going publicly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I wanted to go to MMH last time and they said no. So hopefully this time being a VBA2C they might listen or I just put my foot down a bit harder. Thank ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello! I'm new to the forum and stumbled across your question.

Someone mentioned a private midwife and I would agree that this would be your best chance at having a VBAC. In my experience the private midwifes have a different mindset to pregnancy, labour and childbirth than the hospital system does. Understandably, the hopsital has policies in place and it can be very difficult to refuse a procedure if you happen to not fit into their boxes.

My last two children were through a private midwife and we birthed in the hospital. My pregnancy and birthing history were fully considered, my wishes were absolutely respected and, yet, I never felt that the midwives would ever allow me to do something were myself or the baby were at high risk. It's a delicate balance, I guess. A private midwife doesn't guarantee the birth you want, but what they do is provide you with the facts and statistics, the pros and the cons, and then allow you to make the decision. Honestly, I've got nothing but praise for them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Where do I find a private midwife?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Look for groups like Mama, My Midwives etc. In saying that check with your birthing hospital to see if they are allowed to practice as a midwife in the hospital setting or whether they can only be there as a support person.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

mumoftwoprincess  (14-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went with My Own Midwife Gold Coast. I know there's another private midwifery practice in the Beenleigh area. It might be called My Midwives. If you can't find a practice near you, I'd suggest you call the Gold Coast one I mentioned and I'm sure they'll be able to direct you in the right path.

All the best.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to williamson10 For This Useful Post:

mumoftwoprincess  (14-12-2016)