+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SurferGalGC View Post
    Anyone already find themselves thinking ahead to number two/next bub?? My bub was due so close to so many birthdays in my family so I'm already thinking about what month we should do our next transfer to avoid the birthday battlefield haha. So I think I can either do next May (if I'm super keen), otherwise Oct/Nov. I don't want to have too much of a gap and I think two calendar years is decent!

Do you guys have any on ice?
    I literally was having this conversation with DH this morning about when to go back again. We have another tested embryo from the same batch as this bub that I'm eager to get transferred and hope Mitch has broken our long running BFN streak

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @AmyEL congratulations! What a cutie!
    @Positivity still great to have s break even if your mummy time wasn't anything too special. Sounds like a good idea to get out every weekend, might even try that myself. I've noticed little miss seems to be a bit early with the leaps too. She's only up to leap 2 at the moment and is very clingy and certainly demanding so much more attention!
    @teena80 sorry I can't help you with donor questions but good luck!
    @SurferGalGC I already want number 2! Not sure when I'll cycle again, don't have any frosties. Obviously can't cycle whilst breastfeeding so will see how long I continue to feed. Would also like to try natural for a few months before another ivf cycle. I only have 1 blocked tube so there is a chance I will fall Naturally but that ovary had a huge cyst removed so egg quality on that side isn't great apparently but will try first.
    @Muchulu1 how is Charlie going? All better?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @SurferGalGC I am starting to think about number 2 too! I not sure I can imagine having another little one right now but I am 37 and know that if I want to try for another one, I'll need to get onto it sooner rather than later! My AMH was already low and in my cycles I never got huge amounts of eggs or good embryos. I dont have any frozen embryos so will have to start from scratch. My concern would be money so will attempt to start saving as soon as possible.
    @hopefull29 You should definitely attempt some mummy time! It is a bit tough to start with but I definitely felt more relaxed after. This week I went and got my eyebrows waxed. It was only a short time away but was nice to do something for myself. Also enjoyed a shopping trip to baby bunting today and got some cute toys for Lucy. Now that she is so alert she is enjoying the music and sounds of toys. Lucy came with me for the shopping and I used the carrier as she was sleeping. She did so well which gives me more confidence going out by myself. I definitely think ill start using the carrier a lot more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Positivity great you're feeling more confident. I absolutely love love our carrier. Makes life so much easier. I managed some me time over the weekend, was great. I'll be leaving little miss tomorrow with my mum for a few hours too whilst I catch up on some much needed personal grooming.

How is everyone going? Group has gotten so quiet now we're all enjoying being mummies! Little miss' weight last week didn't increase enough so I've made the call to gradually wean her onto full time formula. I just can't seem to make enough to get her consistent good gains. The whole mixed feeding does my head in because then I'll never know just how much she's getting from me. Been a hard decision to make but I feel like this is going to be the best thing for us all. She'll be 12-13 and weeks before she's fully off the boob so I figure she's still had a good amount of breastmilk to start her off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone havnt had a chance to post much lately ! Bub is now 3 months old wow it's just flown! She's such s happy bub always smiling and babbling away. She rolled over yesterday which was exciting. It's hard work having two but some days easier than others. Some days I say to hubby when we having our third 😂 But he dosnt want anymore and to be honest I think two works for us anyhow so I'm happy with that plus I don't think I want to go through ivf again. We were blessed to have both bubs through Ivf but we have no frozen embryos so two bubs it is for us. Poor hubby has a house full of girls 😂😂😂😂 I just think of when they hit puberty! Hope everyone is going well and getting some rest when they can and don't forget to look after yourself also. I've got the worst period pains at moment they have been going for 3 weeks I've had enough already 😩

Thanks
    Reviews
    @clucky14 Good to hear from you! Time is definitely going quickly and it is crazy how quickly development happens. I feel like everyday I see changes. Sucks about the period pains! My little one is 6 weeks old and I've only just stopped bleeding. Am curious now to see what happens with my cycle and if it returns or not while breastfeeding.
    @hopefull29 So glad you got out and had some mummy time! My mum looked after Lucy this week while I went to my 6 week OB appointment and then stopped and did some shopping on the way home. Got some nursing tops that are warmer and some baby clothes and toys. Was so lovely to get out for a bit longer. Lucy did great at taking the expressed milk from the bottle too which is good sign for starting daycare. Sounds like you have a good plan for weaning onto formula full time! I can definitely imagine the mixed feeding would be quite tricky and being able to know exactly how much she is getting will be a relief. I'm still figuring out how to make expressing work in a daily schedule so that it will be sustainable when I head back to work.

We had a pretty big week this week! So the rash on Lucy's face turned in to pretty bad excema. Had started to cause her some distress but we got the right cream and it has cleared up pretty quickly. We had a bunch of appointments this week which made it really busy. The 6 week Paed visit went well. Lucy has put on 280g in the last two weeks which is pretty much what they expect. We also had her vaccinations which was pretty distressing for me but she recovered well. Was a bit unsettled that afternoon but been good since. Then I had my 6 week OB visit. Had a chat to her about timeframe for next bub and as I dont have any frosties, she definitely recommended sooner rather then later. Of course the biggest consideration in going forward is breastfeeding as starting IVF again would likely affect ability to feed. She said that I could still breastfeed during the process but that it would likely decrease supply. So she thought waiting till she started solids might be a good idea when the need for milk will decrease. What is everyone else thinking about when they might try again? I am thinking that if I meet the Medicare threshold this year I might start.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @clucky14 Good to hear from you! Time is definitely going quickly and it is crazy how quickly development happens. I feel like everyday I see changes. Sucks about the period pains! My little one is 6 weeks old and I've only just stopped bleeding. Am curious now to see what happens with my cycle and if it returns or not while breastfeeding.
    @hopefull29 So glad you got out and had some mummy time! My mum looked after Lucy this week while I went to my 6 week OB appointment and then stopped and did some shopping on the way home. Got some nursing tops that are warmer and some baby clothes and toys. Was so lovely to get out for a bit longer. Lucy did great at taking the expressed milk from the bottle too which is good sign for starting daycare. Sounds like you have a good plan for weaning onto formula full time! I can definitely imagine the mixed feeding would be quite tricky and being able to know exactly how much she is getting will be a relief. I'm still figuring out how to make expressing work in a daily schedule so that it will be sustainable when I head back to work.

We had a pretty big week this week! So the rash on Lucy's face turned in to pretty bad excema. Had started to cause her some distress but we got the right cream and it has cleared up pretty quickly. We had a bunch of appointments this week which made it really busy. The 6 week Paed visit went well. Lucy has put on 280g in the last two weeks which is pretty much what they expect. We also had her vaccinations which was pretty distressing for me but she recovered well. Was a bit unsettled that afternoon but been good since. Then I had my 6 week OB visit. Had a chat to her about timeframe for next bub and as I dont have any frosties, she definitely recommended sooner rather then later. Of course the biggest consideration in going forward is breastfeeding as starting IVF again would likely affect ability to feed. She said that I could still breastfeed during the process but that it would likely decrease supply. So she thought waiting till she started solids might be a good idea when the need for milk will decrease. What is everyone else thinking about when they might try again? I am thinking that if I meet the Medicare threshold this year I might start.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Positivity For This Useful Post:

granny1  (05-06-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @clucky14 good to hear everything is going well. The period pain sucks though! I've been feeling like I'm going to get my period any day now. Hopefully it'll hold off a little longer.
    @Positivity so good Lucy took the ebm bottle! I hope you can get into a pumping routine soon that'll fit into your work schedule. When are you returning to work?
    Glad to hear Lucy's excema cleared quickly. 280 grams in a fortnight sounds great! How hard are the vaccines.
    I'm not sure when we'll go back for round 2 of ivf. We're going to try natural for a few months first but I guess once my cycle is back we won't be using any contraception so who knows it may just happen but I doubt it. Reaching that safety net certainly makes a difference! I was lucky and paid my ob fees the 1st week of Jan so reached mine early this year! Will probably do another ivf cycle early next year all going well. I'm ready for another now, dh not so much lol.

Hope everyone else is going well. I'm actually in bed already at 7:30! Lol little miss has had an unsettled day and this mumma is tired! I think the increase in formula has caused some wind issues for her, hoping it's only temporary because it sure as hell isnt making me feel any better about having to switch to formula. I know it's better for us both in the long run but it's hard seeing her struggle with wind after her bottle when with breastfeeding she was so good. Other than the wind issues we're going great, started my mothers group last week enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hopefull29 The excema is loads better now. I'm hoping it is more of a one off thing and wont be an issue she has! Although a few family members have it so we will have to see. How's your little girl going? How's the transition to formula going? We didnt have much luck with pumping last week as I think we started the second leap and Lucy was pretty fussy and feeding ALOT! Things have calmed down this week so hopefully I'll be able to get more milk to bank!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Positivity little miss is going great, we're finally settling into a nice routine and she's so much more settled. I was pulling my hair out a few weeks ago, she just wouldn't sleep like ever unless we were out so I read save our sleep. I was adamant I'd never ever follow a routine but didn't know what else to do and Ill admit it's working quite nicely for us, I'm not super strict, like I'll feed her earlier if she's hungry ect but I do try to keep sleeps and feed times close. Her day time sleeps are still not the best- she just catnaps mostly but she's finally going to bed at 7pm and only up once a night until 7am. She's now on formula full time, I struggled at the start but she is absolutely thriving- so much so last week she gained 467 grams in a week! And I'll admit it's nice that DH can get up at 3am to feed too.
    I hope Lucy has come out of her second leap ok and you're now able to get more milk to bank.
    How is everything else going? I hope you're managing to get some rest. xx