+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 54 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Muchulu1 glad to hear Charlie is getting better.

Hope everyone had a lovely Mother's Day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Finchee sorry to hear you're having breastfeeding troubles too. It's so stressful when they're not gaining weight. It took little miss 5 weeks just to reach birthweight and that was with formula top ups! Would be so much easier if we could just tell how much milk they get from us!
    How are you going with pumping? I was only getting 10mls then started on motilium and now get 30-40mls. I actually hate pumping and I think that's why I don't get much. I've given it up over the last few days.
    Have you seen a lactation consultant? Do you know about motilium?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi ladies,

Congrats on all the bubs, I'm due early June & have been following along as I will deliver in May so sort of in both digs with my dates... hope you don't mind me putting my 2 cents in regarding BFing... breaks my heart when I read the struggles & brings back so many memories from my own journey.
    @hopefull29 I had a horrid time BFing #1 & 1 of the biggest things was not knowing how much he was getting... before I had #2 I did a lot of research & hired my own private LC, she loaned me scales so that I could weigh DD before & after a feed so I could tell how much she was drinking & reassure myself that my supply was fine... BFing is such a headfu(k at times!! Breastmilk is pretty much 1gram to 1ml ration so easy to work out even for tires mums! I had a much more success BFing journey with DD, purely because I was armed with the right team & tools... one other thing, while FFing is great (DS was ff from 6/7weeks) if you want to BF try & remember it's a supply & demand thing, if you offer formula that's BM your body isn't getting a chance to make so it can be a viscous cycle to catch up, best thing to do if you want BFing to be successful if express & offer than instead of formula (I'm not knocking FF at all, my motto is happy mum happy baby so if that's FF then so be it as long as bubs is fed!)

Also if any of you are in Perth PM me for the name of my LC, she is amazing & ill be using her again if this next one & I have any feeding issues.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Congrats on all the bubs, I'm due early June & have been following along as I will deliver in May so sort of in both digs with my dates... hope you don't mind me putting my 2 cents in regarding BFing... breaks my heart when I read the struggles & brings back so many memories from my own journey.
    @hopefull29 I had a horrid time BFing #1 & 1 of the biggest things was not knowing how much he was getting... before I had #2 I did a lot of research & hired my own private LC, she loaned me scales so that I could weigh DD before & after a feed so I could tell how much she was drinking & reassure myself that my supply was fine... BFing is such a headfu(k at times!! Breastmilk is pretty much 1gram to 1ml ration so easy to work out even for tires mums! I had a much more success BFing journey with DD, purely because I was armed with the right team & tools... one other thing, while FFing is great (DS was ff from 6/7weeks) if you want to BF try & remember it's a supply & demand thing, if you offer formula that's BM your body isn't getting a chance to make so it can be a viscous cycle to catch up, best thing to do if you want BFing to be successful if express & offer than instead of formula (I'm not knocking FF at all, my motto is happy mum happy baby so if that's FF then so be it as long as bubs is fed!)

Also if any of you are in Perth PM me for the name of my LC, she is amazing & ill be using her again if this next one & I have any feeding issues.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @AmyEL do you have a date for delivery or just waiting to see how things are looking? Must be getting close now. So exciting!!
    Breastfeeding really is a headfi(k isn't it! That's great you found yourself such a good lactation consultant! I've been so lucky the hospital I delivered at has a lactation clinic where you go for day stays and the lactation consultants there are fantastic.
    Unfortunately for me I have low glandular tissue so no amount of pumping will increase my supply enough to solely be able to offer breastmilk only, when I pump I feel like I drain too much so at the next feed there isn't enough waiting for bubs plus it's almost impossible to feed, play, settle to sleep and pump with enough time before doing it all again lol. When DH is around to help I try pump as much as I can. I'm pretty lucky I think that I've been able to get to where I am and only needing one bottle. Just need to work on little miss to stop her fussiness so we can continue to breastfeed and not offer more bottles but I can't starve her so some feeds have no choice but to give a top up bottle. That's the problem with giving a bottle so early I think, she's just getting lazier. Definitely agree happy Mum happy bub!
    All the best for the labour, can't wait to hear your update!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hopefull29 I have a date (towards end of the month), I'm having a c-section, but will see if I last that long... bubs is measuring off the chart (3.9kg at 36 weeks) & I also have polyhydramnios so I'm very heavy... my OB is away at the moment so I hope to last till at least when he's back... having twice weekly monitoring at the hospital & weekly OB appointments so but exhausted at the moment! But hubby is home to give me a hand with our 2 little ones.

Good on you getting to where you are with BFing, totally understand the pumping... it's so time consuming... I had hubby home for 6 weeks so he did all the feeding with #1 while I pumped, it was not fun! When he went back to work it was very obvious that I could not maintain pumping/feeding on my own so that was when I switched to FFing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hopefull29 I have a date (towards end of the month), I'm having a c-section, but will see if I last that long... bubs is measuring off the chart (3.9kg at 36 weeks) & I also have polyhydramnios so I'm very heavy... my OB is away at the moment so I hope to last till at least when he's back... having twice weekly monitoring at the hospital & weekly OB appointments so but exhausted at the moment! But hubby is home to give me a hand with our 2 little ones.

Good on you getting to where you are with BFing, totally understand the pumping... it's so time consuming... I had hubby home for 6 weeks so he did all the feeding with #1 while I pumped, it was not fun! When he went back to work it was very obvious that I could not maintain pumping/feeding on my own so that was when I switched to FFing.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AmyEL For This Useful Post:

hopefull29  (21-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jess8383 View Post
    Thanks ladies! We've been back in hospital for jaundice but home again now. Hopefully no more dramas.
    @SurferGalGC how are you going with your little bundle?
    Ahh I've been so slack keeping up in here! I like reading about everyone's progress and knowing that I'm not the only one that worries about some of these things. I have been pretty lucky with my little lady, she took to breastfeeding like a trouper and I feel like I produce the exact right amount of milk for her.

I did buy a manual breast pump this week just to give it a go and have a freezer stash just in case. I got 30mls from 10 mins on the first pump and gave that to bub at the end of the following feed. She didn't mind the bottle which was awesome. I felt like she may have been a bit windy from it that afternoon though. But it was good practise for both of us.

I pumped again yesterday and froze the milk. I think the pump might have made my nipples a little tender.. I don't know if that's a thing. Maybe I pumped too aggressively haha.

She has put on just over 1kg in 6 wks. We're booked in for 6 wk needles on Monday! Should be interesting, eek!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has everyone been getting lots of smiles?? We've been getting more and more everyday. It is my absolute favourite thing in the world. Nothing can top the warm fuzzies you feel when they smile at you, ahh

Thanks
    Reviews
    @AmyEL wow big bubba on board. Hope you can hold out until your OB is back! Great your getting so much monitoring and that hubby is around to help out!
    @SurferGalGC so great your little one is feeding so well! If I remember correctly you were worried about being able to breastfeed, so glad it's all worked out for you. If your pump attachment isn't big enough for your nipples it can make them sore so can not having them right in the centre. Sounds like her weight is going great! Good work mumma!
    We've been getting smiles too, love it. She also smiles at her toys and when she's on her swing. So nice to see her so happy!

How's everyone's bubs sleeping? Mines great through the night (yay!) but Absolutely terrible during the day, she just won't sleep unless she's attached to me or we are out. I feel like we've tried everything but nothing is working. Some days she won't sleep a wink from lunchtime until 10pm! Starting to make me super tired!