+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 54 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Finchee congratulations Hun. Sounds like you did a fabulous job! Hope you're feeling well and enjoying your little man. When do you get home? xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Finchee and @SurferGalGC congratulations to you both! It sounds like you both did brilliantly. It's so exciting to hear these awesome announcements after the journey we all took to get here

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hopefull29 I'm glad your little miss has gained a little weight and is doing well. It sounds like she is growing and happy and that must be a great sign. I'm sure she'll be back at birth weight in no time! The breastfeeding clinic sounds awesome! Especially being full day and assessing everything! I'll have to look into whether my hospital has anything similar. I figure you can never get too much help at the start. I just want to learn as much as possible! Sounds like you are already doing really well though, especially if she is going 3-4 hours between feeds! That is great!
    @Finchee Congratulations!!! So great that you were able to experience labour starting naturally. Sounds like you are both champions for making it through! Enjoy your little boy and look after yourself! Can't wait to hear how everything is going!

AFM Have finished up pretty much all my work stuff so have spent the last day or so resting and doing some light housework. On Wednesday I gave pumping a go as my sister in law has let me borrow her pump. Didn't have too much luck so yesterday I tried some hand expressing instead to see how that went and was able to fill four 1ml syringes with colostrum. They are in the freezer now so hopefully can use them for top ups if my milk is taking a little longer to come in. Now that I've got things going will try the pump again and see if I can increase my stash over the next few days. I'm also hoping that it might help bring on labour before induction but I guess we'll see. I have been noticing more tightenings but nothing much else is happening at this point. Definitely finding it harder to sleep at night and have started having a little bit of reflux which is annoying. We have a local festival on today and it is my dad's birthday so going to take the opportunity to head out, do a bit of walking and enjoy some time with family out of the house before bub arrives.

Wishing everyone a lovely Easter weekend with family, friends and new bubbas!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hopefull29 I'm glad your little miss has gained a little weight and is doing well. It sounds like she is growing and happy and that must be a great sign. I'm sure she'll be back at birth weight in no time! The breastfeeding clinic sounds awesome! Especially being full day and assessing everything! I'll have to look into whether my hospital has anything similar. I figure you can never get too much help at the start. I just want to learn as much as possible! Sounds like you are already doing really well though, especially if she is going 3-4 hours between feeds! That is great!
    @Finchee Congratulations!!! So great that you were able to experience labour starting naturally. Sounds like you are both champions for making it through! Enjoy your little boy and look after yourself! Can't wait to hear how everything is going!

AFM Have finished up pretty much all my work stuff so have spent the last day or so resting and doing some light housework. On Wednesday I gave pumping a go as my sister in law has let me borrow her pump. Didn't have too much luck so yesterday I tried some hand expressing instead to see how that went and was able to fill four 1ml syringes with colostrum. They are in the freezer now so hopefully can use them for top ups if my milk is taking a little longer to come in. Now that I've got things going will try the pump again and see if I can increase my stash over the next few days. I'm also hoping that it might help bring on labour before induction but I guess we'll see. I have been noticing more tightenings but nothing much else is happening at this point. Definitely finding it harder to sleep at night and have started having a little bit of reflux which is annoying. We have a local festival on today and it is my dad's birthday so going to take the opportunity to head out, do a bit of walking and enjoy some time with family out of the house before bub arrives.

Wishing everyone a lovely Easter weekend with family, friends and new bubbas!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Positivity I managed to get into the breastfeeding clinic on Thursday. It was so good! Definitely look into if your hospital offers one. We learnt so much. Apparently little miss is a bit lazy, she will suck but not swallow so doesn't draw the milk out efficiently. If she hasn't gained more weight by our next appointment on Tuesday there is a tablet they want me to try to increase my supply but in the mean time we've just gotta work on her opening her mouth wide enough and not letting her get too comfy with the inefficient sucking.
    That's so great you got 4ml. Definitely keep it up, I wish I had have stored some colostrum. I was leaking so much but assumed I wouldn't have any issues with supply because of this. How wrong was I! Do you have an induction date? Hope you enjoyed your day out with your family for your dads birthday!

Hope everyone is enjoying the Easter break!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Positivity how much longer till your due date? In the day before went into labour I felt like I was getting sick and had headache, had soft stools. In the few days leading up to it I was getting headaches and actually felt I was getting more sleep. On day before Tried to keep busy by going walking, had sex to see if could bring on the baby not sure if any of these things contributed to labour but worth a go
    Thanks for everyone's well wishes, we are all doing great, came home from hospital after 2 days as couldn't wait to be in my own space and relax with baby. We've had midwife come and visit us everyday since we been home and baby is doing great. He lost 8.7% weight in first few days which is in normal range but he's feeding really well and doing plenty of pees and poops.
    This is the best thing I've ever done even with the lack of sleep and worry.
    How is everyone else going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hopefull29 Its amazing how they can even work out exactly what the issue is with breastfeeding! Seems like there are so many factors that you dont even think about. I will definitely try and express a bit more the next few days. I wasnt leaking at all before so I must admit part of starting to express was curiosity that there was actually something in there! Lol! It has definitely increased my confidence now that I can actually do it, although of course we will also have to see how bub takes to it to see if any issues arise.

Had a lovely day yesterday. Very relaxed and nice to get out of the house for a little bit. Tentative induction is booked in for Tuesday (evening) but have an OB appointment Tuesday morning to see how things are looking and make a decision either way. I must say at this point though I'm pretty ready so would be leaning towards just going ahead with induction if things are looking good
    @Finchee Due on Wednesday next week. Getting so close! Tentative induction booked for Tuesday evening but not set in stone so will see how things go. It is interesting the list of things you have mentioned that happened in the days before you went into labour! Yesterday I slept so much and much better then I have been which I found quite weird. I ended up having a morning and afternoon nap around family time and then I slept really well last night too. Much better then I have been. I also had a headache last night which wasnt that bad just a bit annoying. Wouldn't have thought these were signs but hopefully based on your story they might be! Lol!

You've done really well to come home after 2 days! Is great that the midwife comes to you too. I dont think they do that at my hospital so I can definitely see myself staying in longer till my confidence builds. Glad that feeding has been going well for you and bubs!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hopefull29 Its amazing how they can even work out exactly what the issue is with breastfeeding! Seems like there are so many factors that you dont even think about. I will definitely try and express a bit more the next few days. I wasnt leaking at all before so I must admit part of starting to express was curiosity that there was actually something in there! Lol! It has definitely increased my confidence now that I can actually do it, although of course we will also have to see how bub takes to it to see if any issues arise.

Had a lovely day yesterday. Very relaxed and nice to get out of the house for a little bit. Tentative induction is booked in for Tuesday (evening) but have an OB appointment Tuesday morning to see how things are looking and make a decision either way. I must say at this point though I'm pretty ready so would be leaning towards just going ahead with induction if things are looking good
    @Finchee Due on Wednesday next week. Getting so close! Tentative induction booked for Tuesday evening but not set in stone so will see how things go. It is interesting the list of things you have mentioned that happened in the days before you went into labour! Yesterday I slept so much and much better then I have been which I found quite weird. I ended up having a morning and afternoon nap around family time and then I slept really well last night too. Much better then I have been. I also had a headache last night which wasnt that bad just a bit annoying. Wouldn't have thought these were signs but hopefully based on your story they might be! Lol!

You've done really well to come home after 2 days! Is great that the midwife comes to you too. I dont think they do that at my hospital so I can definitely see myself staying in longer till my confidence builds. Glad that feeding has been going well for you and bubs!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @SurferGalGC congratulations on the birth of your baby girl! Enjoy those newborn snuggles! It is such a special time
    @Finchee Congratulations!!!! So happy to hear everything is going well & you are home- happy & safe!! Charlie lost a similar amount of weight to your bub in the first few days but he's piling it on now! Has put on a whole kilo since his birth . Almost grown out of all his 0000 clothes! They grow so fast!!!
    @Positivity Wow not long now! How exciting!! Who are you planning to have at the birth with you?
    Great that you are expressing colostrum. So good to have a little stash 'just in case'. I really don't understand why all OBs & midwives don't recommend it as a part of standard practice. So great as a way of building confidence if nothing else!
    @hopefull29 The breastfeeding feeding clinic sounds awesome! How amazing that they monitor you & bub for a full day! Breastfeeding is such a team effort. Hopefully bub gets her mouth nice & wide so her efficiency improves. All the best for Tuesday's weigh in.

Sorry I've been MIA. We have had a super stressful week. Our fur baby has been in & out of the vet all week! At first we thought it was something acute as she presented with plastic in her vomit but now it's pretty clear that she is suffering a lot of stress & anxiety due to Charlie coming on the scene. It has all been very hectic! She had to be hospitalized overnight twice this week . Anyway it's meant I've had to juggle vet pick ups & drop offs with Charlie (who has suddenly developed a serious dislike for his capsule & screams anytime we get in the car) as well as having to help out in the business & cover for our admin manager who is on holidays.
    Anyway, I am SO glad our fur baby is on the mend the business is closed for the next 2 days so we can all just take it easy at home!
    On another note Charlie, gave us our first smile this week & this morning he accepted his first bottle of expressed breast milk! Such a proud mumma .

Thanks
    Reviews
    @SurferGalGC congratulations on the birth of your baby girl! Enjoy those newborn snuggles! It is such a special time
    @Finchee Congratulations!!!! So happy to hear everything is going well & you are home- happy & safe!! Charlie lost a similar amount of weight to your bub in the first few days but he's piling it on now! Has put on a whole kilo since his birth . Almost grown out of all his 0000 clothes! They grow so fast!!!
    @Positivity Wow not long now! How exciting!! Who are you planning to have at the birth with you?
    Great that you are expressing colostrum. So good to have a little stash 'just in case'. I really don't understand why all OBs & midwives don't recommend it as a part of standard practice. So great as a way of building confidence if nothing else!
    @hopefull29 The breastfeeding feeding clinic sounds awesome! How amazing that they monitor you & bub for a full day! Breastfeeding is such a team effort. Hopefully bub gets her mouth nice & wide so her efficiency improves. All the best for Tuesday's weigh in.

Sorry I've been MIA. We have had a super stressful week. Our fur baby has been in & out of the vet all week! At first we thought it was something acute as she presented with plastic in her vomit but now it's pretty clear that she is suffering a lot of stress & anxiety due to Charlie coming on the scene. It has all been very hectic! She had to be hospitalized overnight twice this week . Anyway it's meant I've had to juggle vet pick ups & drop offs with Charlie (who has suddenly developed a serious dislike for his capsule & screams anytime we get in the car) as well as having to help out in the business & cover for our admin manager who is on holidays.
    Anyway, I am SO glad our fur baby is on the mend the business is closed for the next 2 days so we can all just take it easy at home!
    On another note Charlie, gave us our first smile this week & this morning he accepted his first bottle of expressed breast milk! Such a proud mumma .