+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 54 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Muchulu1 super Mum I can't believe you've already been back to work. But like you said no choice when you're self employed sometimes. Go you!
    @SurferGalGC happy birthday for tomorrow. Hope your labour starts late evening and you deliver the day after.
    @Positivity great your OB appointment went well, sounds like everything is tracking nicely.
    @jess8383 great news you were discharged. Must be so stressful. Hopefully bubs stays put for a bit longer!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. Hope you're all going well. Been a hectic 5 days but we're finally home. Loving life so much at the moment. Little miss is a bit unsettled since arriving home, I think the change in environment might be the cause, plus the zillion visitors that have just been popping in unannounced. Hoping she settles down and we all manage some sleep. Unfortunately my milk isn't in fully yet, she lost more weight, so we have to formula too up which is so disappointing. Breast feeding was something I really wanted to ace. I've been pumping like a mad woman after feeding her I'm only getting like 10-15mls though. I'm waiting for an appointment at the hospitals breast feeding clinic. Fingers crossed my milk is in and they can just help with tips and advice on what to do to get her off the formula top ups. Apparently after a c-section it can take 7-10 days for your milk to come in fully.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Muchulu1 super Mum I can't believe you've already been back to work. But like you said no choice when you're self employed sometimes. Go you!
    @SurferGalGC happy birthday for tomorrow. Hope your labour starts late evening and you deliver the day after.
    @Positivity great your OB appointment went well, sounds like everything is tracking nicely.
    @jess8383 great news you were discharged. Must be so stressful. Hopefully bubs stays put for a bit longer!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. Hope you're all going well. Been a hectic 5 days but we're finally home. Loving life so much at the moment. Little miss is a bit unsettled since arriving home, I think the change in environment might be the cause, plus the zillion visitors that have just been popping in unannounced. Hoping she settles down and we all manage some sleep. Unfortunately my milk isn't in fully yet, she lost more weight, so we have to formula too up which is so disappointing. Breast feeding was something I really wanted to ace. I've been pumping like a mad woman after feeding her I'm only getting like 10-15mls though. I'm waiting for an appointment at the hospitals breast feeding clinic. Fingers crossed my milk is in and they can just help with tips and advice on what to do to get her off the formula top ups. Apparently after a c-section it can take 7-10 days for your milk to come in fully.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Positivity Great bub is still head down & your BP is looking better! Glad your stand in OB was nice. Will he/she be delivering bub if you go early?
    I've heard good things about accupuncture for inducing labour. If I was better organized I would have had some accupuncture lined up. Good move getting in early with your appointment!
    @hopefull29 So nice to hear you are home & loving life! Motherhood really is such a blessing!
    Can't believe visitors pop in unannounced! As lovely as it is sharing our new arrivals with friends & family it can get super tiring. I had to put off a few visitors early on cause it got a bit full on. Thankfully they were understanding & now that we're rested & on top of things we can welcome them with open arms.
    Sorry to hear your milk isn't fully in yet. That must be quite difficult. So good that you are sticking with it though. Sounds like you are doing all the right things & now it is just a matter of time. Try not to beat yourself up about the formula top ups. What is most important is that bub is fed! You are doing great & little miss is so fortunate to have you as her mummy!
    Hope you manage to get in with the breast feeding clinic soon! We had a lactation consultant come to our house early last week & she was fantastic! I highly recommend getting professional advice even if things are going well. There is so much poor advice/ misinformation out there. Our LC offered lots of tips & was able to account for some of Charlie's feeding habits that I was finding a bit frustrating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Positivity Great bub is still head down & your BP is looking better! Glad your stand in OB was nice. Will he/she be delivering bub if you go early?
    I've heard good things about accupuncture for inducing labour. If I was better organized I would have had some accupuncture lined up. Good move getting in early with your appointment!
    @hopefull29 So nice to hear you are home & loving life! Motherhood really is such a blessing!
    Can't believe visitors pop in unannounced! As lovely as it is sharing our new arrivals with friends & family it can get super tiring. I had to put off a few visitors early on cause it got a bit full on. Thankfully they were understanding & now that we're rested & on top of things we can welcome them with open arms.
    Sorry to hear your milk isn't fully in yet. That must be quite difficult. So good that you are sticking with it though. Sounds like you are doing all the right things & now it is just a matter of time. Try not to beat yourself up about the formula top ups. What is most important is that bub is fed! You are doing great & little miss is so fortunate to have you as her mummy!
    Hope you manage to get in with the breast feeding clinic soon! We had a lactation consultant come to our house early last week & she was fantastic! I highly recommend getting professional advice even if things are going well. There is so much poor advice/ misinformation out there. Our LC offered lots of tips & was able to account for some of Charlie's feeding habits that I was finding a bit frustrating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @SurferGalGC Happy Birthday!! Hope you have a lovely day and aren't too uncomfortable!
    @hopefull29 Great that you are back home and doing well! Can't believe so many visitors would come by unannounced so early! I cant imagine people doing that without checking in before hand! I guess everyone is excited though and just want to share in your joy which is sweet. Maybe DH could put a little sign at the door though during times where you just need to rest.

Sounds like you are really dedicated with making breast feeding work with all the pumping and I'm sure it will pay off once your milk comes in. It is good to know that it might happen slower with c-section. I wasnt aware of that before! Hope you can get an appointment with the clinic soon so that they can give you some support. If you have to wait too long maybe look into a private Lactation Consultant who can come to your house. I have known a few friends to do that and found it super helpful (even when they weren't having too many issues to start with).

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Muchulu1 I think it will be that OB that will deliver me if I go early. Of course if it is on weekend or over Easter there are no guarantees as it will probably just be whoever is on call. Yesterday I did feel more tightenings than usual throughout the day but not much else. Just trying to sit on the fit ball as much as possible and try different positions to try and get bubs to engage. If I can get her to engage by my next appointment next Tuesday then I will be happy and then I'll start trying a few other things as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies! I'm glad you're both starting to settle in at home.
    @hopefull29 I hope little miss settles some more, and I'm glad you're seeking some assistance. I hope your milk picks up
    @SurferGalGC happy birthday!!! I hope you can share this day with your brand new bubba or that bub gets moving very soon! My mum and my sister share a birthday and it's kinda cool.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jess8383 For This Useful Post:

hopefull29  (06-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How everyone going? No more baby signs? I just waiting now baby is engaged and sitting very low in pelvis so could be any day now, in next week appointment I'll have stretch and sweep if baby not arrived and booked in for induction come on baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Finchee I hope your bub decides to come on their own before next week
    @SurferGalGC you've been quiet...I hope that means good news!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the birthday wishes ladies!
    @jess8383 no, no news here yet! Have just been busy and tired! It was my brother's and twin stepsons' birthdays yesterday too. So I have successfully avoided the land mine of birthdays!

Kiiiinda getting to that point where I'm getting impatient. Just want to meet this little one.

I have it in my head that labour will generally start/my water will only break in the middle of the night. So I consider the days as a bit of a write-off haha. I haven't even had the smallest sign or indication.. no BH, no tightening, no period-like pain, nothing!

I'll have a sweep on mon and wed next week, gel on thurs and then they'll break my waters on Good Friday. So I'll have a bub by 14th/15th at the latest! I honestly don't feel like it will come any sooner ha