+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Muchulu1 my nurse was easy on the needles, thank god some pathology nurses can be brutal! I'm feeling pretty confident my results will be ok, there's never been a family history or any reason for me to think I might have GD. I'm sure my ob will call me sooner if results show anything. I assume your GD free?
    @SurferGalGC sorry to hear you have GD, but glad you're managing it all ok. Bonus scans is a good thing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hopefull29 I had my GTT at 22 weeks as have PCOS and found out have GD. It's ok has been easy to manage so far with diet and been eating really healthily. Just kinda feel hungry all the time! Just have a have 2 further scans at 28 weeks and 34 now to check development. As long as you control your blood sugars ok the doctor told me should be same as if didn't have GD. If there is a problem your doctor will get in touch.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Finchee For This Useful Post:

hopefull29  (07-01-2017),SurferGalGC  (07-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Finchee sorry to hear you have GD sounds like you're managing it great though- well done! I eat really healthy and I'm refined sugar free and mostly grain free (have some rice here and there) so I don't think it would really change my diet that much if I do have it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ hopefull29 Just booked my GTT in for 23rd January. I am definitely not looking forward to that drink! Thankfully I have it scheduled on a free day so can just go home and rest afterwards. Not really sure how the results will go. Bit nervous!
    @Muchulu1 I cant imagine working in a hot kitchen in this heat! You must be relieved to be finishing up in a few weeks! How exciting! At this point I'm not finishing up work till start of April which seems so far away! Luckily I dont have a very active job and it is airconditioned. Would love to finish up a little earlier to give myself more of a buffer and down time but I'm self-employed and single so that makes the income pretty important. I'm predicting bugs will come late though so should still have a good 3 weeks to myself after finishing work. Congrats on getting your baby shower organised and invites out also! Everyone keeps telling me I should have one but I'm really not keen on parties in my honour. It isnt really my thing. Someone suggested more of an afternoon tea or meal out with a small group of friends and family which might be better but I'm not still not sure. It certainly would be helpful to get baby items though. My personal budget is getting quite tight.

I have got a few books from friends which I havent got a chance to read yet. One was on hypnobirthing and then another on birth skills. I also got the save our sleep book for christmas which I have heard is supposed to be good. I might start trying to set aside a bit of reading time before bed I think!
    @Finchee and @SurferGalGC Sounds like you are managing GD really well! It is definitely better to be seeing the positives that it brings!

I started back at work this week which was hard! The holidays seemed to go so quickly! I feel like the next few months will go really quickly though! Then we'll finally get see some cute baby photos from everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, how are you all going? Sorry to hear a few of you have GD. Think I have to book my test in for this week- not looking forward to it at all, and worried I have GD. Does anyone else feel like their bubs have quiet days? The past 2 days bubs has seemed quieter than usual. I still feel movement, but not as much or as strong. I have a Doppler and heart beat still really strong. Not sure if I'm just overly worried or if I should call hospital to get checked? Any advice? Re books- my friend is a clin psych and she recommended "baby wise". She said she had her boy sleeping through after 6 weeks, and so did everyone else who read it. I've bought it but not read it yet to give my view. I have 12 weeks to go before I get to meet bubs- I cannot wait!! Hope you're all doing well and. It too tired or hot xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gypsy37 I definitely think my little one has quiet days too! It is does worry me sometimes but usually if I lay down and feel around I'll get some movement which generally makes me worry less. I was just reading an article today which said that as baby gets bigger and has less room then movements will seem less. I thought that was a bit odd as I was expecting that as the baby got bigger I would feel it more and more but I guess maybe the movement might just feel different. I also read that at about 24 weeks the baby would be lulled more by your movement and walking around, putting it to sleep, so if you were worried at all, to lay down as baby would be more active when you weren't moving around. These were on various baby apps so not sure of reliability! I know my OB had said that if I was feeling less movement, to lay down and really focus for a while. The goal was to feel 10 or more movements in 2 hours (i think! Could have been 1 hour).

Goodluck with your GTT test! Thanks also for the book recommendation. I hadn't heard about that one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Positivity good luck for the 23rd! Let us know how you go! The drink is disgusting but after the first hour you can have a glass of water and you'll start feel better. It's a distant memory for me now lol. Hope starting back at work went well. I've really struggled to get back to my normal sleep routine after holidays. My body still wants to stay up late and sleep in.
    @Gypsy37 my bubs definitely has quiet days. My placenta is anterior so some days I don't even notice movements, especially if I've been busy. My OB told me this was completely normal and not to worry as long as once I lied down and concentrated on bubs I could feel some movements. Only in the last few weeks have I been noticing them all day and I can now physically see the movements which is awesome. But still some days are quieter than others. Have you asked your ob/midwife? It's so good you've got the Doppler to reassure you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @SurferGalGC shame about your GD but you seem like you are managing just fine I hope you're doing well otherwise! Last May seems a lifetime away on that 'lucky' thread

AFM I haven't been on here for a while, a few posts on the June/July/Aug thread. My IVF EDD is 1/6, and 12 week scan (which hospital are insisting they go off) is 29/5. Either way I'm 20 weeks this week! I had my anomaly scan today and while everything is good, they couldn't get adequate pics of his head and heart because he was head down on my cervix. So I have to go back next Monday. She did a quick internal to check my cervix because of his position and it is long and tightly closed thank goodness! Hopefully we stay that way til May! I'm still anaemic but waiting for an appointment with the haematologist. They've done nothing so far between OB and GP, and I'm symptomatic so it's terribly frustrating!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hopefull29 I am definitely struggling going back to work for the same reason. Trying to get back into a better schedule with going to bed earlier. Was really tired last week! Might take another week or so to get back into a better routine I think!
    @jess8383 Glad that everything is looking good so far with your scan. My baby was in a weird position too during my 20 week scan. Thankfully they could get all the measurements they needed so didn't have to go back but I know the technician was trying to will the baby to move into a better position. Hopefully next week when you go for the follow up scan baby is in a better position! Sucks about the iron deficiency still! Are you on supplements? Hoping that you get to see the haematologist soon! I went on iron supplements at the end of the first trimester and it made such a difference to my energy levels. The OB had recommended them at 9 weeks based on early blood test but I didn't end up taking them straight away which in hindsight was pretty silly because I was so tired and fatigued those last few weeks of the first trimester!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Positivity For This Useful Post:

hopefull29  (10-01-2017),jess8383  (10-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, thanks for the reassurance Re bubs quiet days. S/he made up for it last night, playing from 1:30am so I couldn't sleep. I went back to work this week too, it's hard with the lack of sleep, and my back has started killing me if I sit for more than a few hours- kind of hard to avoid when I have a desk job! I hope you're all managing to get back into the swing of things. I had my glucose tolerance test today- OMG! Awful! For those who haven't done it- don't read this. It's just my experience, and I know most women are fine, but I fainted, and according to DH, was convulsing a bit, during the first round of bloods. Thankfully they had a bed for me to go on after that. The drink was ok (definitely get it cold if you can), and the second blood test not too bad, but my blood pressure was so low that she could hardly get any blood on the third test, so took a few goes. Geez- I really think they need to explore other options for this test, because it was awful and scary. I've been in bed feeling sick all day with a headache etc. if possible, I also recommend you take someone with you. I was VERY glad I had DH there.