SurferGalGC - 1st April

Hopefull29 - 3rd April

Finchee - 15th April

Positivity - 19th April

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Muchulu1 For This Useful Post:

SurferGalGC  (20-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Positivity Good to hear your BP has come down & you've been feeling better the last couple of days.
    How exciting that your nursery is painted & you've been able to start setting up! That stuff is so much fun!! During all our days ttc I always looked forward to the day we could set up a nursery! Lovely of your family to help you out.
    @Finchee I think it's pretty standard that OBs don't let IVF babies go over 40wks. In saying that though I went to 40+5. We had the induction booked for 39+4 but we decided to push it back because bub was happy & I was hoping to labour spontaneously. As long as bub is doing well & you're being monitored closely I wouldn't worry about it. Ive discovered that there are advantages of going to term! Little Charlie is a great breastfeeder & I'm sure it has something to do with his gestation.
    @hopefull29 How are you going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    AFM- We've had two nights at home now. Things are going well. I've managed to get 3x2hr blocks of sleep each night which is a blessing!
    DH was home over the weekend which meant he could have some quality time with Charlie. So lovely just watching them together .
    Today Charlie & I braved our first outing. I was feeling pretty nervous about the whole thing. Got cold feet & cancelled at the last minute but then my Aunt came & helped us get in the car. It was nice having someone hold my hand . Anyway, we survived & Charlie was on his best behavior! Such a proud mum moment .

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hopefull29 Did you end up deciding on a baby monitor? I've decided one would be super handy & am hoping to buy one tomorrow. If anyone has any pointers please let me know!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Positivity both my gp, ob use the automatic ones. How strange. I think even my hospital pre-admission appointment they used an automatic one.
    @Muchulu1 glad to read Charlie is a great feeder. How are you feeling? Are you home from hospital yet?
    All going good with us, so ready for bubs to come. I'm getting impatient now. I feel fine just really excited. See the ob tomorrow to discuss what we do from here. Will be nice to have an induction date set. Still hoping I'll go into labour spontaneously but what will be will be. Had another episode on Saturday night of strong contractions, every 10 minutes lasting for a minute or so each but faded out after 3 hours. Each time these episodes happen they get stronger and I think yep this is it but then it stops. OB tells me this is normal but after speaking to people I'm starting to think it's not very common to have them this strong, definitely not just normal painless BH that's for sure!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Muchulu1 sorry Hun, we must have been typing at the same time..... so glad you're home. Sounds like you're settling in. 3x 2hr blocks of sleep through the night sounds great this early. That's awesome you had your first outing. Go you! and so nice of your aunt to help you.
    Re the baby monitor. DH is still looking into them. I've told him he must decide by the end of the week. Didn't want to get it too early to waste the warranty but DH has been a bit slack and now I just want him to sort it out. It's the only thing on our list left to buy (and the only thing DH had to sort out lol). I just want a video/sound one but when I looked the range confused me hence the reason I've left it up to DH to sort out.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefull29 For This Useful Post:

Muchulu1  (21-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Muchulu1 Great to hear little Charlie is doing well and is a good feeder. Sounds like you are starting to get into a little routine already! So nice of your aunt to help you get out of the house too!
    @hopefull29 Goodluck tomorrow with your OB appointment! Your contraction episodes sound very promising and although they eventually peter out, I'm sure your body is preparing itself for something soon! Must be weird to think it could just happen anytime!! So exciting. I'm assuming that an induction date would still be a week away? So hopefully still time to go into labour naturally.

In the baby monitor department, I ended up getting a Uniden BW 3001. It was recommended by my sister in law. I just have one camera and monitor but you can buy more camera's as needed. I like that the camera clips on, which makes it easy to place on the cot or around the nursery. It is pretty portable too which I like so will be able to move around the house as needed. I know my sister in law even uses it in the car and then it goes with baby to the babysitter's during the week. I really didnt do any research about alternatives though so cant really comment on how it compares but I'm happy with it so far! It is easy to use and quite versatile.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Positivity For This Useful Post:

hopefull29  (21-03-2017),Muchulu1  (21-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Positivity thanks Hun, I'm kinda hoping OB will say we can induce the end of this week. It's such a weird feeling knowing that within the next week or so we will finally meet this little bubba that we've waiting 3.5 years for! We're both so excited!
    I'll tell DH to look up that monitor. Sounds good!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hopefull29 All the best for your OB appt. tomorrow. FX you will get an induction date! Awesome if you labour spontaneously beforehand but an end date is super exciting nonetheless!! I found the whole induction experience quite ok. Would do it again in a heartbeat. With all your pre-labour signs if you have to have the induction it would most likely be very straightforward & relatively quick.
    @Positivity I will check out the Uniden BW 3001. How do you use it in the car? Is it so you can see bub when your driving? That sounds pretty cool!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Muchulu1 thanks Hun. I hope it will be straightforward and quick! I think I lost part of my plug over night too!