+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 54 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF babies due March/April/May 2017#2

OMG @SurferGalGC that is one super cute bump!! You look amazing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I doubt your baby will be a really big GD baby @SurferGalGC! Your bump is perfect size and you look great. It also seems that based on friends and family who have recently had babies, that the size of their bump didnt really say much about baby size! My sister in law was barely showing at all but then had a nice 7 pound baby while my cousin and friend who had really large bumps had 6 pound babies. It is just so hard to tell!

I had a few concerns with blood pressure this week. I noticed on Tuesday at work that my feet were really puffy which seemed a bit odd given I'm not really on them much at work. I mean I thought it was weird but didnt think much about it, then on Wednesday one of my colleagues commented on my swollen feet and I was feeling a bit off that day and had a headache. When I got home I took my blood pressure and it was still in normal range (130/82) but much higher than my previous readings (103/69). I emailed the midwife and she wasnt too concerned thankfully but said that it might be time to stop work. Unfortunately I dont think I could manage stopping this early but am definitely trying to cut back a little and rest more when I'm at home. I really hope that it stays ok and this isnt the start of something. I would really like to just finish up work and then have a few weeks to myself before baby gets here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Positivity look after yourself Hun. I hope it comes back down. Your body is telling you to rest, so make sure you listen to it. How much longer left of work? When do you see your ob next? I'm surprised your midwife didn't send you for a urine test to rule out the start of pre eclampsia. If I were you I'd be testing my bp daily and keeping on eye on the swelling. If it gets worse call you ob or midwife straight away.
    Putting your feet up will really help with the swelling, you can also look into oedema massage and ask someone to do this for you too. Fingers crossed it's just another joyful pregnancy symptom.
    How did your painting turn out? Bet it looks awesome! x

Anyone interested in doing a due date roll call?

If so copy and paste and add in your due date. Clucky14 & muchulu1 lucky ducks you can add your little ones birthdays

March/April/May Due Date Roll Call

Hopefull29 - 3rd April

Thanks
    Reviews
    March/April/May Due Date Roll Call

Hopefull29 - 3rd April

Finchee - 15th April

Thanks
    Reviews
    Due Date Roll Call

SurferGalGC - 1st April

Hopefull29 - 3rd April

Finchee - 15th April

Thanks
    Reviews
    Due Date Roll Call

SurferGalGC - 1st April

Hopefull29 - 3rd April

Finchee - 15th April

Positivity - 19th April

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @hopefull29!. Despite just wanting to get into lots of baby prep jobs this week, I did take the time to rest whenever I got a chance. Even came home from work on Thursday to have a nap in the middle of the day! Lol. Thankfully I only had three clients that day so had a few hours to spare. My sister in law is a GP so I had first called her and she said to call the midwife and said that they would likely do some bloods and urine test. Seems my midwife doesnt think all the highly of home BP machines and I guess the symptoms weren't bad enough to warrant further investigations. I have kept taking my BP everyday though just to keep an eye on it. It has remained higher (for my usual anyway) up till Friday but was back down this morning. I have also been feeling better the last day or two which is reassuring. My feet are still getting really puffy during the day but they do go down at night which my midwife said was a good sign.

Today I didnt really rest though! With painting all done, we could finally get in and set up the nursery!! The painting looks great and the lighter colour really makes the rooms feel a bit bigger. My awesome brother, sister in law and parents did most of the heavy work which was so nice and finally it is looking like a proper baby room! Seems so much more real now! Still got to organise some the baby stuff but that can be done gradually now.

Can't wait till you get a chance to set up your nursery next week SurferGalGC!! It is a great feeling!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Positivity For This Useful Post:

SurferGalGC  (19-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hopefull29 re not going over 38 weeks? Is this standard for gestational diabetes and IVF? I keep getting told different things by different doctors in my appointments. One told me wouldn't go to 40 weeks because it was IVF and also because of GT then another time they said different and wasn't a concern. It's quite frustrating as I'm starting to get worried that they doctors don't really know! I'll be worried now if go past 40 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Positivity good on you for making sure you rest and that midday nap on Thursday! Love it! So great working close to home to do these things. I don't understand why some doctors/nurses hate home BP machines, sure the cheapies can be dodgy but the more well known brands are just as good and some doctors use the same ones you can buy at the chemist anyway. Lucky for me my OB is happy to go from my home readings. I have white coat so anytime she tests me it's a little high but at home it's fine. Great sign that your swelling is going down of a night time, and you're feeling better overall these last few days. Hopefully just an off week. Glad you're happy with the room colour, it does really sink in once that nursery is all set up. So exciting!
    @Finchee my ob told me at the very first appointment ivf babies they don't let go over 40 weeks. She said the placenta can start to deteriorate after this so bubs is safer out than in. Then when I was diagnosed with GD she said won't go over 38-39 weeks depending how my levels were and my growth scan. My levels are great and bubs was measuring average in size, so now it's at 39 weeks.
    Have you had a growth scan? How are your levels looking? It would be frustrating for you being told different things. Do you have main doctor or midwife you could check with? I'd just keep on asking them at each appointment and explain it's making you anxious being told all these different things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hopefull29 I know it is weird about the whole BP machine thing. The one I have is a good brand but apparently both midwife and OB dont like the automatic type. They both use the manual one, which they think is better in pregnancy. Seems odd but I must say that I generally have had consistent reading with my home automatic one so I feel like it allows me to compare well.
    @Finchee Definitely frustrating that the doctors are saying different things. Getting so close now I know that it is nice to at least have some idea of what the plan might be! I am mentally getting myself ready for possible c-section (if baby is still breech) or induction just cause I know at the moment they are pretty real possibilities. Not at all what I want but am slowly coming to terms with it. In the end I'm just excited to finally meet bub and I know however it happens that will be much more important to me. I would be asking for a more definite plan next time so that you can also start mentally preparing yourself for the likely options.