+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 54 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Finchee good luck for your last few days at work! Hope the sleep starts to improve. My sleep is all over the place, some nights I sleep awesome some nights I'm awake every hour. All going good for me. Technically I have 2.5 weeks until my due date but my OB won't let me go over 39 weeks due to being an ivf baby and also having gestational diabetes. I see her next week and she will do an internal, maybe a stretch and sweep if she can and we will also book in an induction date too. Hoping I can get this bubba moving on our own before it comes to that though.
    @clucky14 congratulations on going home. Must be a relief to to get back home. I hope your toddler adjusts soon for you, I'm sure she'll be smitten in no time. Glad bubs is sleeping pretty well, hopefully she puts on some weight soon and starts to fill out those clothes. Hoping your pain starts to subside soon. Last year I had surgery on my ovary and was opened up like s csection and I found the more walking I did the better my pain was, obviously not overdoing it but a few short walks a day did wonders for my pain levels. Just make sure you're getting plenty of rest too because obviously the demands of carrying a baby and now caring for a newborn takes it out of your body a lot more. Hope you're feeling better after the baby blues too, I can't offer any advice on dealing with them as this is my first bubba but I do know it is totally normal. Hormones suck! xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @jess8383 @Positivity @lotsathoughts @hopefull29 @Finchee
    Little Charlie is a dream
    Aside from a very sore perineum & quite a few stitches Charlie & I are doing well.
    Labour went ok. Got induced w ARM & syntocin at 7.30am. Laboured on the fit ball until 11am/ 6cm. Called for the epi just before lunch. Started pushing at 3.45pm. Unfortunately 45min into 2nd stage bub was quite distressed so OB had to do an episiotomy & use some suction. It got the job done tho. Bub was out in 1 contraction.
    Him being born was the most amazing feeling ever! Never felt such achievement & so much love in all my life!
    First night was very tough but thankfully we have come a very long way since...
    He is proving to be a good feeder & sleeper. FX it continues .

Anyway you all have so much to look forward to. It is better than I ever could have imagined. Can't wait for all your news in the coming weeks!
    @clucky14 Hope you've settled in at home. Wishing you all the best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Muchulu1 sorry to hear about the episiotomy but the end result is totally worth it. So glad you're feeling better each day. Awesome he is a good feeder and sleeper! I have my fingers crossed he continues for you. How long are you in hospital for? Does your hospital do a hotel stay also?
    Thanks for sharing your birth story! I love hearing them and it gets me so excited!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hopefull29 In hospital until tomorrow. I don't think our hospital does a hotel stay. What is it?
    Not long for you now! How are you feeling? I'm so excited for you.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF babies due March/April/May 2017#2

@Muchulu1 in Melbourne all the big private hospitals send you to a 5 star hotel if you're eligible. Your ob needs to approve it. You don't have to go if you don't want to you can choose stay in hospital or go home however it's a good transition to being at home. They have midwives and doctors on the hotel floor if you need them, but you're encouraged to to "pretend" you're at home and just use them for back up only if you're really struggling or something goes wrong. Bubs also needs to be healthy enough to go.
    My hospital says you'll be in hospital for 2 nights, hotel for 2 nights for a vaginal birth and 3 nights in hospital and 2 nights in hotel for a c-section or complicated birth. I think for a first timer it's a great idea, but I think for consecutive babies you'd most likely just want to go home.
    I'm getting so excited. Bubs has really dropped over the last 2 days, I had the strongest pressure in my vaginal area yesterday thought for sure I'd be losing my plug but nope still waiting. Still getting strong random BH's too. Hoping it all starts happening before I see my ob Tuesday. Have a feeling it won't though.
    Last edited by hopefull29; 17-03-2017 at 09:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @clucky14 Hope you everyone is settling well now that you are home! Glad your little one is sleeping well and hopefully she finds a bit of extra weight soon! Relax and enjoy all the little moments!
    @Muchulu1 Sounds like labour went pretty quickly for an induction! I have heard of it taking much longer than that! So glad that everything went relatively smoothly for you! And great that he is feeding and sleeping well too. Take the time to rest up and enjoy little Charlie before heading home!
    @hopefull29 The hotel stay thing sounds lovely. At my hospital in Brisbane the length of the stay is the same for vaginal (4 days) and c section (5 days) births but just all in hospital. It is a neat idea to have the 'practice time'. Sounds like things are really moving along for you! I have FX your little one might arrive over the weekend!! So exciting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Positivity i thought it was a pretty standard thing for private hospitals, I guess I'm pretty lucky then. I have my fingers crossed for the weekend too however I'm not convinced it'll happen this weekend. I have been nesting like a crazy lady again today so who knows! I've given up analysing my symptoms! This last few weeks feels like the first 12 all over again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    On the Gold Coast, the private healthers get the option to stay at the Versace hotel. I had a couple of girlfriends stay there recently with their new bubs, lucky ducks!

I'm going through the birth centre at the public hospital and they say they only keep you in for 4-6hrs after an uncomplicated birth. I wasn't huge on the idea but liked that I get the same midwife all the way through and then she'll continue to visit me at home everyday. Luckily because of the GD, they'll actually keep me in for 24 hours in a private room that DH can stay in too.. I like this much more!

I'm 38 weeks tomorrow. As soon as we move into our new place next Thursday, I'm going to be trying every trick in the book to bring on labour and get this baby out! Haha. I've put on 14kg officially. I started out at 50kg so I that's a pretty solid effort!! I've been so relax d with the GD diet so I think I'm getting a big GD baby after all, yikes!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @SurferGalGC that's great your DH can stay in with you and you get a private room. If I was going to just be in hospital the whole duration I'd rather go home early and have the midwife come check on me daily too. I think 14kg is pretty average, especially with such a low starting weight. I've put on about 7kg but started higher than you. people keep asking me if I've lost weight whilst being pregnant. I've just maintained my healthy eating and kept up my exercise. I'm still not really showing that much either, can still wear most of my normal clothes. I wear maternity clothes so I don't just look fat though lol. A friend is 22 weeks at the moment and she has the most perfect bump and looks further along than me. Funny how different people can show so differently. You might be surprised and have a tiny bubba. From memory you weren't showing that much either?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hopefull29 I wasn't showing all that much. But I have certainly popped very recently!IMG_1489744132.389155.jpg