+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Muchulu1 So exciting about your move! Sounds lovely and will be nice to start somewhere fresh with baby. Hopefully you'll be there for a while so you wont have to move again anytime soon! I'm hoping to do some shopping in the Boxing Day sales too! I heard on the radio today that Baby Bounce was having a sale starting on Boxing Day, not sure about the other stores. Great to hear the the GD test was all clear although not great about iron levels. I have been on iron supplements since the first trimester and I definitely noticed a difference in how I felt when I had been taking them for 2-3 weeks!
    @hopefull29 Thanks so much for the brand information! I have a feeling I will eventually need to try something out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Anytime @Positivity. If you do get one and don't get it professionally fitted keep in mind they need to feel really tight, still comfortable but tight. They will also stretch at bit after a few wears too. Most go by your hip measurements and they sit over the sacroiliac joints (base of your spine).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, how is everyone feeling? Hope you all got through the festive season ok. I've been a bit busy but generally feeling pretty good. Can't believe this year we will all be having our babies! Getting so excited! Feeling so much movement now finally! DH is also feeling it lots too, he is loving it.
    Nursery is now all set up. But I'm sure there will be more things I think to add/ change.
    This year is just going to fly by for all of us!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey everyone! It has definitely been a crazy week and it went by so quickly! Can't believe it is 2017 already! So exciting that our bulbs will be born this year, and only really a few months away! @hopefull29 So exciting that you are feeling more movement now! I am loving the movement and kicks! It really is the coolest feeling! Also congrats on finishing the nursery already! Thats super awesome! I started the big clean up of the junk in what will be the baby's room and have got a fair bit done. I think I would like to get the room painted now though so will try and organise that for this month sometime and then will be able to think about furniture.

I did buy a pram in the sales which was great and a few clothes, cot sheets and toys. Was so fun to be shopping for baby! Feet so sore afterwards though! The heat here is QLD has been a bit of a struggle though! I usually cope really well with hot weather but am felling it more this year, especially with the crazy humidity. Experienced a bit a swelling so trying to make sure I'm putting my feet up lots and also swimming in the pool seems to be helping a bit.

Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and New Years! Exciting things to come this year!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Positivity For This Useful Post:

hopefull29  (02-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Positivity so cool you've started your baby shopping. You'll have the nursery set up in no time. I'm in Melbourne so been pretty lucky with our lack of summer so far. Not looking forward to it getting hot though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls!!

Happy New Year!!! It's going to be an exciting one for us all !!
    @hopefull29 Congratulations on having the nursery all set up! I am itching to finish ours but am going to TRY & hold out till after our baby shower. Baby shower isn't until Feb 12th so I'm not sure I really have it in me to wait . Great to hear you are having lots of movement! It really is the best feeling ever .
    @Positivity Yes the heat really is a struggle! All things considered it sounds like you are coping well & doing all the right things. I am worried about how I am going to handle the heat at work in the coming weeks. I only have 4 weeks left but I work in a very hot kitchen & am on my feet all day . Hopefully I get lucky & don't get too many ridiculously hot days. FX. Unfortunately stopping work any earlier isn't an option because our sous chef is on her honeymoon (we approved her leave before I was pregnant) & we need the money.

Can anyone recommend any good parenting books? I've just finished 'The Danish Way of Parenting' & have just started 'Sleeping like a Baby'. I really enjoyed 'The Danish Way' & am so far enjoying Pinky Mckay's gentle/ responsive approach in 'Sleeping like a Baby'.

Also is anyone planning a baby shower? My cousin & I just finished our invites. Might post them today .

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Muchulu1 wow how exciting you're finishing work in 4 weeks!!! That's awesome. Will come around so quickly. Hope it doesn't get too hot for you!
    So far I'm not feeling like I get any warmer than normal, hoping it stays this way!
    If you're having a baby shower I'd definitely recommend waiting to set your nursery up until after that. That way you can really sort out what you need and not double up on things.
    I've decided to not have a baby shower, I personally really struggled going to them whilst TTC and going through IVF so I did manage to avoid quite a few (still always bought them a gift though) which at the time I think some friends were a bit annoyed about but I think they now understand why but I wouldn't expect them to come to mine if I didn't go to theirs. I also have a really close friend that is struggling with her own IVF journey so I don't want her to feel like she has to come. I'll most likely just do a dinner or lunch catch up before I'm due with some close friends but we do this pretty regularly anyway.
    I haven't gotten around to reading any parenting books yet..... probably should just need to find some time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone done their GTT yet? I had mine today. Omg the drink is disgusting! Made me feel sick all day and gave me a massive headache. Won't get my results for a few weeks when I see my ob again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefull29 View Post
    Anyone done their GTT yet? I had mine today. Omg the drink is disgusting! Made me feel sick all day and gave me a massive headache. Won't get my results for a few weeks when I see my ob again.
    @hopefull29 OMG isn't it horrible!!! I had mine about a month ago. Awful! I felt like I was going to pass out. Poor little bubs was totally worn out by the whole ordeal. Was very quiet the afternoon following the GTT. Hope you had a nice nurse that went easy on the needles. Are you feeling confident about the results? I'm sure if there are any concerns your OB will call before your next appt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my GTT quite a while back because I was more at risk due to pcos. I'm 27 weeks now. Turns out I do have GD but it has been a blessing in disguise for me. At first I wasn't sure how to process the news but it actually isn't so bad. I have been eating so incredibly healthy. I think I'm a little bit lucky as I don't seem to have a bad case and can still get away with little treats! I get a couple of bonus scans out of it too!!