+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 54 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks @hopefull29 the pains stopped so I'm thinking could have been braxton hicks maybe gosh it was painful. All good now so had a quick trip to the shops while my three year old was in child care for some last minute things got hospital. Bag is half packed 🤣 Kind of annoyed i was given no advice to get whooping cough vaccine while pregnant I only really knew you could get it to I saw it on Facebook the other day disappointing that my GP and OB didn't mention it to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies

I had my harmony bloods taken on Monday so should get them early next week (after our long weekend). Feel tired and have gotten a sore back and achy joints the last couple of days. It's good having consistent symptoms, especially when it's not ms!

It's all getting exciting in here! The end of the pregnancy can be filled by so many warnings, I'd forgotten about that.
    @Annerley loved reading your labour story. Had forgotten what you'd shared all those years ago. Birth stories are so personal...I remember feeling such pride about owning my story.

Good luck over the next few days. Hope the bubs get into good positions for you all. xx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

hopefull29  (08-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @clucky14 glad the pain has stopped for you! Great you've started getting your bag sorted. That's strange both your gp and ob didn't mention whooping cough vaccine. I think they say it's best in third trimester but if you get it after bubs is born and you plan to breast feed I think that also passes on immunity until bubs is vaccinated. It's recommended that anyone that will be in close contact to bubs get vaccinated. All of our family have had theirs done. I know some people that don't let anyone visit that hasn't had their booster, I'm not planning on being that strict however if anyone is unwell I will not be letting them near bubs.
    @lotsathoughts I hope you get a surprise and your results are in before the long weekend. Mine were back within 4 days I think and they told me longer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @lotsathoughts forgot to say how great it is you're getting symptoms and you're enjoying them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh you've got me excited! Would love the results in early @hopefull29 Mentallly preparing for next Tues just in case.
    Yes it's nice to actually feel something. Feel a bit silly for not noticing how much they'd worn off by 9 weeks last time. At 9 weeks they've seemed to ramp up this time which is the reassurance I need. The back pain is a bit of a bugger with a toddler. If it sticks around for too long and isn't just the hormones getting my body ready I think I'll need to see someone. Mentally I can't think forward to all of that until I get my Harmony results and 12 weeks scan. It's all looming over me I think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @lotsathoughts such good signs the symptoms are ramping up. I hope the back pain eases however it is a really good sign. 3 more weeks! Hope they go quickly for you, then you can can relax a little although if you're anything like me you won't ever fully relax. xx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefull29 For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (09-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hopefull29 haha no tricks up my sleeve to bring labour on. Just laying low & conserving my energy. You got a special trick for me ?
    @Positivity strangely enough I'm not feeling too nervous at all. A bit worried about how I will go with breastfeeding & no sleep but feeling quite ok about the birth itself.
    @clucky14 Your day is nearly here!!! Wishing you all the best. Can't wait to hear your news .
    @SurferGalGC Wow you are a busy woman!! FX your in your new place before bub arrives. How did you go with your measurement scan? Are they able to do a ECV? How are you feeling about the procedure?
    It really is insane how many things have to align for a natural birth! Until the last few weeks I had no idea either!!!
    @Annerley so lovely to hear from you! Thanks for sharing your birth story . OMG your mums birth story with your sister is insane!! One of my best friends actually experienced something similar. I remember chatting on the phone with her like any other day & then 2hrs later I got a text with a pic of her DD . What a shock!! Quick labours run in her family too...
    Anyway...glad that your loving being a SAHM. It must be special having lots of quality time with your DD. Enjoy your trip on the Gold Coast! X
    @lotsathoughts All the best for your Harmony results! I hope they arrive ahead of schedule & offer you lots of peace of mind! I'll be thinking of you

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Muchulu1 For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (09-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @clucky14 Good luck with your big day! Can't wait to hear some news! Wishing you all the best! It is definitely weird neither your GP or OB mentioned the whooping cough vaccine. Although neither have mentioned it to me either but I just happened to know about it because I have had lots of friends pregnant recently and my sister in law is a GP. I would hope that my OB was planning to mention it at my next appointment but will have to wait and see. I got it this week though.
    @SurferGalGC I can't even imagine having to move house in the last month of pregnancy! You are one super women! Will be nice to finally be in your new place and able to set up for baby! Hopefully you have lots of family and friends helping out so that if you do have the baby early then everyone else will make sure everything is taken care of! Let me know if you end up going ahead with the ECV! I'm guessing my OB might also mention it when I see her on Monday so would be good to know your experience! Good luck with all your packing and make sure you rest and take care of yourself as well!
    @hopefull29 I havent heard of the strep B test either. Interested to see if my OB does it or not. I had my whooping cough vaccine this week and thankfully just have a sore arm. Your reaction sounds intense! Is your arm feeling better?

@lotsofthoughts Great that you are starting to experience some pregnancy symptoms and that MS isnt one of them! Hopefully they dont get too bad and stay nice and mild for you. I remember how the first trimester seemed to drag a little till the 12 week scan! Its weird how when you are waiting for something really important the time can seem so much slower!
    @Muchulu1 Great that you are not too concerned about birth! Funnily enough I'm not really either. I agree that it is the breastfeeding and lack of sleep that worry me more! Lol! Birth is so time limited but the other stuff is daily and constant. FX crossed that this is your week!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Positivity For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (09-03-2017),Muchulu1  (08-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't had a call from the hospital about squeezing me in for the scan yet, bugger! So still not sure if we can do the ECV. I do want to try it though because I'd love to have a natural birth. When DH and I mentioned that he might not be present for the procedure, my midwife advised him that he should definitely be there which is interesting. I wonder why! I don't think it's painful or anything??

If I do need a c-section, they'll schedule it anytime from about 24 March.. that's when we get the keys to the new place haha. We are very lucky to have lots of family and friends around so I'm not too worried at this stage.
    @Positivity yes I'll keep you posted! Let me know how you go because it will be interesting to know what an OBs take on it is compared to my midwife.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Muchulu1 no sorry no tricks up my sleeve to bring labour on...... just the usual bouncing on a fit ball, eating spicy foods and having sex.
    @Positivity interesting your gp and ob didn't mention whooping cough vaccine either. I wonder if they just assume everyone knows about it. I asked my OB to do mine but she said I had to go to my gp for it. A little annoying having to do an extra appointment. My arm is much better but still have a sore lump at the injection site. I wonder if your ob will do the strep b test. My friend was saying she was going to decline hers because she really wanted a water birth but if you have it you're on IV antibiotics from the time your water breaks so can't stay in the water. Turns out she had it done as her midwife pushed for it and she didn't have it anyway.
    @SurferGalGC is there a risk with the ecv that you may go into labour? Perhaps that's why your midwife recommended he be there. I hope you hear from them about your scan today. Can you follow it up with them just incase your midwife is still being a bit slack with her admin?

I'm still getting intense BH, really only of a night time. I said to DH I really don't know when I go into labour how I'm going to be able to tell the difference. I guess the only way I'll be able to tell is that they don't stop. Last night they were on and off for 2.5 hours. I'm definitely glad I finished up at work earlier now, I'm not very good with lack of sleep which is probably the thing that worries me the most about motherhood. I've never been able to sleep in or nap during the day. Hopefully I can learn!