+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 54 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Muchulu1 sounds like you're basically set. I need to cook some freezer meals too. Saying that I've always got quite a few in stock anyway. I always freeze our left overs.
    I'm so glad you haven't finished your hospital bag too..... it's one thing that's stressing DH and my mum out but I figure as long as I've got everything I'm not going to have to run straight out the door so will have time to gather everything. But it is on my to do list, just a lower priority at the moment. Bubs bag is all packed however.
    Lol about being stuck in a car park not being able to collapse the pram. This actually happened to me with my sisters kids once. Luckily I managed to fit it in the boot unfolded. I got a baby jogger pram and it's seriously the easiest pram to fold. That's what sold me on it. What pram have you decided on?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hopefull29 I'm with you on the whole hospital bag thing... figure it is highly unlikely I'll have to fly out the door & not have time to gather my things. Also...the hospital is only 10mins from our house so DH can always nip home & collect things if need be.
    Have you guys decided who will be at the birth? Will your mum be there?
    LOL can't believe the pram thing happened to you with your sisters kids! Lucky you have a big boot!! We bought a Stokke Xplory pram. Took me ages to decide which one to buy!! I hope I'll be happy with my decision! Not sure how much I'll use the pram early on. Will prob baby wear for the first few weeks. My mum bought me a Chekoh wrap for my birthday & I'm already in love with it! It is so soft & compact. Looks perfect for a newborn.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Muchulu1 wow you're so close to the hospital! We're 45 minutes away in no traffic. But DH can always go home to get whatever I need as well or family can bring it in for us.
    It will just be DH at the birth. I really don't want an audience. I'm really close to my mum but still don't want her there, I also think she would struggle to see me in so much pain too. She will come in afterwards and so will other family but I've made it clear to DH no one other than family is welcome at the hospital unless I say so. For some reason friends and work colleagues think they'll be there as soon as it happens. They may be in for a bit of a shock.
    The pram thing was hilarious, we still laugh about it. I don't know of anyone with that pram but I'm sure it'll be perfect for you. The wrap sounds awesome. I haven't decided if I'll baby wear much yet, I got given a baby bjorn (I think that's what it's called) but to be honest the wraps look so much nicer and more comfortable so I may end up buying one of them.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefull29 For This Useful Post:

Muchulu1  (06-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How's everyone travelling? I've had a few times over the weekend I seriously thought I was in labour lasting for 2+ hours. My BH have been so strong and I've been getting alot of pressure on my cervix. Hoping this means bubs is getting ready. I'm 36 weeks today, see the ob tomorrow so will ask her how everything is looking.
    I'm starting to think when the real thing starts I might not even know. Lol. @Muchulu1 good luck for your appointment tomorrow. Hope bubs has moved down lower for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hopefull29 Sounds like your bub might just be getting ready to make an appearance! Exciting! Great if you could go into labour spontaneously. Have you downloaded a contraction timer for your phone?
    Haha yes it's definitely possible not to know when it's the real deal! One of the girls in my other DIG was in active labour & she had no idea!! She just felt like she had a bit of period pain. She just carried on with her day as normal... only ended up going to the hospital cause her mum insisted! She actually drove herself to the hospital!!! Got herself some lunch on the way . Arrived & within an hour the baby was born! Also... it was her first!
    Thanks for your well wishes for tomorrow's appt. TBH I don't think anything has changed. Forever hopeful, but I'm prepared for the 'c-section' talk...
    All the best for your OB appt. tomorrow! Let us know how you go .

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Muchulu1 I have downloaded a contraction timer. I tested it out over the weekend. Seemed to work well but BH/ contractions weren't regular. I really hope I can go into spontaneous labour.
    I've been feeling like I've got period pain on and off for the last few days. That's funny about the other lady, driving herself to hospital and stopping off for lunch lucky her!
    I hope you're pleasantly surprised when you see your ob tomorrow. Fingers are crossed for you!
    Do ob's start to do internal checks? Or is that only once you're in labour?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hopefull29 Yeah they do start to do internal checks but it's really on a case by case basis. My OB hasn't done any on me just yet because he can see from the scans that bub is still high so changes to the cervix would be highly unlikely....Depending on bubs position & if you've started to dilate your OB may even consider a stretch & sweep just before your due date/ induction date.
    At my 36wk appt. I did the group B strep swab. Had the option of midwife doing it or doing it myself in the clinic bathroom. I opted to do it myself...
    My OB's midwife always gives a heads up on what will happen in the following appt. She is really lovely. I hate internal examinations so really appreciate knowing what's coming my way.
    Does your OB have a midwife that you see before/ after you visit her?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Muchulu1 thanks for that info. Nope no midwife it's just my OB and her not so friendly receptionist. I also hate internals so hoping she can see enough from the scan. But I guess I'd also like to know if my cervix has started to dilate too. I don't blame you for doing the swab yourself. Have you got your results yet? Apparently some obs don't do a swab for strep b. At our birth class they said a lot don't as the infection comes and goes so whilst you may or may not have it when you test it can change by the time your in labour. I'll ask my OB about this tomorrow though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hopefull29 I've heard the same about group B strep. Not quite sure why they bother if it can come & go from week to week!? I think in WA it's still standard practice to routinely test at 36wks. Not all states are the same tho. I'm not sure what the protocol is in VIC?
    I got my results within a couple of days of doing the swab. Came back negative .

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Muchulu1 I'll ask my OB today about it and get her view on it. Would be good if they could just test you when you go into labour. I don't really want antibiotics that are unnecessary but obviously will just go with what my OB says.