+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 54 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @lotsathoughts So happy to hear your little miracle is going strong . How cute with the hiccups!! I didn't realise they could do that already. Amazing!! Are you going to find out the gender with your harmony test?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I know @Muchulu1 I didn't realize they could hiccup so early!!
    Yes going to find out the gender. Didn't with our DD but want to try something different this time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Positivity I think it's that she doesn't like to overload you with info and I guess if she was to tell me something now but then it was to change it might just get too confusing. It is a lot of pressure to be ready by 39 weeks isn't it. I've been bouncing away on my gym ball so hoping that helps. I'm still really active too. Walk daily and Yoga/Pilates most days too. Hoping it all helps get this baby to come naturally. I'd be happy if bubs came anytime from 36 weeks really. I know 37 is "full term" but I figure 36 is close enough and they say bubs will still be ok being born from 35 weeks without complications.
    @Muchulu1 it's always good to have a good cry and I'm glad you're feeling better about it today! Lucky you having your mum as a midwife. Definitely not worth risking an umbilical cord prolapse so it's great your ob is so on to it!
    Interesting about your ob also being reluctant to discuss the birth until 36 weeks. Maybe some ob's just roll this way. Too much info can be overwhelming for some people I guess.
    @lotsathoughts omg so adorable to be able to see it having the hiccups! so so cute! All the best for the harmony test, how many days will it take for your results to come in? You deserve this so much!
    @SurferGalGC how did your last day at work go? Hope you enjoyed your first day of Mat leave!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Muchulu1 I think a good cry is a good way to release the emotion and frustration and then to clear the mind to be able to move forward. Fingers are crossed you have a nice active weekend and bub moves right into position by Tuesday! Very excited to maybe see some little baby pictures next week!
    @lotsathoughts Such a cute little scan photo! Looks much more 'baby like' then some of my early scans! Good Luck with the harmony test next week! Hope the results dont take too long to come back!
    @hopefull29 Sounds like you are still staying very active which I'm sure will help things move along quicker! Plus you'll have a great level of fitness for possible induction and birth. Can't believe how quickly time is moving now! So eager to finally start seeing these little miracle bubs we have been carrying! Is today your last day? Must be a nice feeling!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Positivity For This Useful Post:

hopefull29  (04-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has anyone bought a baby monitor yet? DH has been looking into them. Any recommendations? And are you planning on getting a breathing monitor for the cot too? I'm not really tech savvy so leaving this one for DH to look into but thought I'd ask you ladies too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hopefull29 We haven't bought a baby monitor just yet. Will see how we go when bubs arrives. We're planning on bub sleeping next to me in a co-sleeper at night & moving it into the living room for during the day. With that set up I will always be within earshot so shouldn't really have any need for a monitor. If bub was in his/ her own room I'd get one but until then I'm just going to wait. I've heard good things about the ones with the breathing monitors. No doubt that would offer lots of peace of mind.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Muchulu1 thanks Hun. We plan on having bubs in our room initially too but our house is pretty big so I was thinking for day time naps I may be at the opposite end of the house so worried I might not hear or even if I'm just being too lazy to get up to go check on them lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hopefull29 Sounds like a monitor would work well for you. Let me know what you decide on.
    How was your last week of work? Are you officially on maternity leave now? What have you got planned in the lead up to bubs arrival?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Will do Hun. Yep, officially on Mat leave! I don't think it'll really sink in until Monday. Got lots planned for this week. But will schedule in some down time too. I'm excited to be able to get my nesting on. I'm a bit of clean freak as it is so I'm planning on washing windows, steam cleaning carpets, clearing out our wardrobes and sorting out the spare room wardrobes that seem to have accumulated some junk. I'm also planning on getting into the garden because the weather is supposed to be nice this week. Have you started your nesting yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hopefull29 Yep I think I've got my nesting on! Cleaning out the fridge/ freezer this afternoon & making some freezer meals.
    Everything else is pretty much done! We moved house & renovated before Christmas so that definitely gave me a bit of a head start. I got rid of heaps of stuff in the move & have only unpacked the things we use/ love. Was chaos at the time but I'm so happy we did it!
    Got all my waxing done, removed my shellac & bought myself a dressing gown this morning.
    Now I just need to finish packing my hospital bag & work out how to use the pram!
    I have a fear of being stuck in a carpark, sleep deprived with a screaming newborn & not knowing/ forgetting how to collapse the pram!