+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 54 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thank you @Gypsy37 I feel like I'm the luckiest girl around. I thought I would be 7+3 but he put me at 7 weeks...I hope that's close enough.

I've been sooooo anxious about this scan so I think I'm mentally coming down from the news. Feeling so very grateful...I burst into tears whenthey told me there was a heartbeat. I'd had some nausea but the last few days were pretty good so I was a bit stressed about that.

My obstetrician is letting have weekly visits up until 10 weeks to help with my anxiety. He said every now and then someone walks through with a miracle. I hope our little miracle continues to stick around xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @lotsathoughts, I TOTALLY understand how you feel. The day I went for my scan with this one I was a total mess. I kept crying at work, I was almost having panic attacks, I felt so so sick with anxiety. I also burst into tears when they told me there was a heartbeat. And I was seeing my Ob almost weekly in the beginning as well, it really helped me ease my anxiety- just do what you have to do to get through this. I've got a very good feeling about this for you. Try to keep calm and positive. Re the nausea, mine didn't start until later, maybe 8-9 weeks I think? Also, when they did my first measurement that day they heard the heartbeat, I think my dates were about 5 or 6 days behind- I was FREAKING OUT! But it's just the margin of error when the baby is that small and the technical tools aren't that accurate, so do not worry at all, they say plus/minus 5 days when it's that small. Since that time all proper measurements have been perfect, so don't think about it again. Plus, that is an AMAZINGLY strong heartbeat. You go girl! Relax, enjoy, you're having a baby! My god I'm so excited for you. Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @lotsathoughts That is AMAZING news on Valentines Day! What a little miracle this baby is! Is awesome that your OB is getting you in weekly too! I wish that I had had that! Definitely will help with managing anxiety!
    @hopefull29 My OB hasn't said anything about not being let go more than 40 weeks! I find that a bit odd really as I assume once you get pregnant it is all the same unless there are other complications. The midwife did mention early induction around 38 weeks if the diabetes got worse or the baby was looking big. Given that my OB is away on holidays then, I'm thinking any induction (if needed) would be before she went away at 37 weeks, but it was really only mentioned as a possibility not a definite. I would also like to go into labour naturally but if the baby is getting too big then I'll be happy for induction no doubt so there is less chance of c-section.

My midwife also asked me to google 'optimal foetal positioning' at my last appointment. It talks about how you should sit during the day and other positions to make sure bubs is both head down and in the optimal position for an easier delivery. I found it pretty interesting. I cant remember it saying anything about engaging the head per se but I assume some of the positions would probably have that effect. While my bubs is head down too at the moment, she wanted me to start being really vigilant about the positions now so that she stayed that way, because as the baby grows it is of course harder for them move around. I had a friend recently who was told that baby was head down and engaged during the third trimester but then as the due date approached baby actually moved up (although still head down). So I guess things can change. I figure the positions and sitting postures are the best way to encourage bub to stay in the right position.
    @Gypsy37 At what point did your midwife say she would put you on night-time insulin? Does it have to be consistently above 5 or is there a reading that if it goes above that she will pull the pin? The highest mine have been in morning is 5.3 but again like you they aren't consistently above. Sucks not having any control over it! I wish there was just something I could do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @lotsathoughts what amazing news!!! Congratulations. This is so damn exciting! How are you feeling? Any symptoms kicking in yet? Are you doing the nips test? Awesome you'll see your ob every week, that's really nice of them.
    @Gypsy37 that's interesting, I'm 30 so I don't think it has to do with your age.... my OB said it's because the placenta can start to deteriorate and because with ivf we know the exact dates. Also interesting about your fasting levels. How many weeks are you now? I know insulin isn't really a big deal and they say is no risk to bubs but I just try to avoid any medications if possible, obviously I'll do whatever I need to do to keep this bubba safe though.
    @Positivity it's interesting, in my google research it seems like all obs have a different opinion on ivf babies and mine tells me after 40 weeks they know that the placenta starts to deteriorate and they don't like to risk any complications. I trust my OB but geez I really want to go into labour naturally. I think all obs are in the same boat when it comes to GD and babies size, with inducing early. Are you having a growth scan? Mines next week.
    I will google optimal foetal positioning. Thanks for that.

I was planning on finishing work at the end of 37/start 38 weeks, but I've decided I'll finish at the end of 35/ start 36 weeks to give myself some time at home before bubs comes along. Especially now I know there's no way I'll be allowed to go overdue.
    Freaking out because that's like 2 weeks away! It's getting super close! So exciting. I've washed all of bubs clothes and blankets. Just need to organise what to take to the hospital with us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hopefull29 Wow not long at all left of work now@ the next two weeks will fly by. At the moment I am finishing up about 38 weeks since the GD diagnosis and possibility of earlier induction, I'm a bit concerned that is realistic. Will definitely quiz my OB a little more about her deadlines for IVF patients next time I go see her. I will have had the growth scan by then (which is on 6th March) so hopefully that will help to make some decisions. It is going to be hard to finish up work any sooner but I might have to start considering it!

So organised of you to have washed all the baby clothes already! I have it on my list of things to do but when then nursery isnt even set up yet, unfortunately it is still lower down the list.

I made an appointment with a physio today. She is going on holidays next week so wont be able to see her till the week after but I think it will be useful as the baby grows bigger. I talked to her about the burning and area of numbness and she said it was common and was likely the muscle separating. She wasnt sure that she could do anything about that necessarily but that the pressure would be relieved somewhat when the baby moves down (although she said that may or may not happen). I figure it is still worth a consultation though for any other tips and strategies. I havent got a support belt or anything yet as I havent really needed it but I feel like my posture is definitely struggling the last few days which I know will lead to back pain sooner or later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone !!! I'm excited I'm 36 weeks tomorrow and tomorrow is my last day at work yipeeeee ! It's odd as I am kind of sad too in a way as I look forward to seeing one girl there every day but other than that be nice to be off ! That leaves me with just under 3 weeks to relax at home though I will have my three year old also I will enjoy the couple weeks she is in child care to have some days to myself ! I'm having a c section this time on March 10. I've started to get nausea again which isn't that pleasant but almost there now yay !

Thanks
    Reviews
    @lotsathoughts CONGRATULATIONS!!!! So lovely to hear your news
    @Positivity @hopefull29 @Gypsy37
    Interesting to hear about inductions for IVF pregnancies. My OB hasn't mentioned it... I've just assumed I'll be able to try to go into labour naturally? Will definitely be clarifying this with him on Tuesday.
    @clucky14 YAY for finishing work!!! I finished last Wednesday . Such a nice feeling!! I was a bit lost/ bored for the first few days & kept calling DH (we work together in the family business) but i have to say I've kinda settled into it & it's AWESOME!!! I've been going to the beach, going out for coffee, napping during the day & going to films/ Fringe.

AFM 37+1 today
    Have been in hospital overnight for a monitored iron infusion. Thankfully it has been quite uneventful! I did have to be cannulated 4 times which kinda sucked but the infusion itself seemed to go well. Feeling very relieved because last time I had a bad reaction. Just waiting on the haematologist to come & discharge me

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Muchulu1 For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (18-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Scan went well!! Measuring 7+5 so caught up a day from Tuesday's scan. Hb 156 so that's good. DD joined and thought I was getting a pic of my tummy. Still in shock but happy

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

Gypsy37  (19-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @lotsathoughts Wonderful news!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Muchulu1 For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (18-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Brilliant news @lotsathoughts
    How w is everyone traveling? I went to a birth/parenting workshop yesterday- holy hell it scared the life out of me! Watching those birthing videos is TERRIFYING!!! I'm seriously scared about how awful labour is going to be! I never wanted a c section, bit now I can definitely understand why people choose to have one- eeekkk! Please, ladies who have already done it, please tell me it's not that bad!!!!!
    I have my baby shower today- feels so strange, I can't actually believe that I'm here and this is happening. I think I will finish up work in about a week and a half, I cannot wait to not have to worry about work any more, and just enjoy the last 4 weeks of the pregnancy, and some alone time! Eeek! How is everyone feeling?