+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 54 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @hopefull29! That is good to know! My sister in law wasnt sure if they would get me to measure blood glucose levels given the very borderline result but I'm kinda glad to be able to keep an eye on things. I certainly dont want to get to my next scan and then they say 'your baby is getting too big' and then have to try and get things under control. Would much rather know that sugars are under control and not affecting bubs early on. It is nice to have so many of you on here to be able to ask questions to though! I'm sure after Monday's session I might have a few more questions! Lol!

I'm not sure if you are aware of the Ozsale site but I noticed in my email today they have Ripe Maternity brand on sale. Things were up to 80% off and included some nursing tops (long sleeve). Didn't have a massive range but definitely some good deals! I picked up another maternity top for work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Positivity ask away! It's what we're all here for.... ill look up ozsale today. Thanks for that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hopefull29 and @Positivity I'm 31+4 and I think my levels are changing a little. I've been a bit slack on testing/I think I've become a little complacent but will have to keep a closer eye on it. Maybe I'm just more conscious of the fact that our levels can spike a little later in pregnancy. I have another antenatal/diabetes appt in one week. By the sounds of it, they try to see GD ladies every 3/4weeks just to monitor?
    Ps. 7 months today! Not that you can tell because this bub must be hiding haha ☹️

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm starting to struggle with maintaining good BS levels, for past 4 weeks been great so got asked to reduced testing from 4 times a day to 2 but over last week keep getting high readings even though not eating recommended amount of carbs. It must be getting harder to control as pregnancy progresses. I have to go every 2 weeks to diabetes clinic for check up. Had a scan last week to check babies growth and all is good so hopefully not to worry about it for now! The others with GD are you finding your hungry all the time? I just can't seem to satisfy my hunger or maybe I'm just restricting my diet too much.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Finchee For This Useful Post:

SurferGalGC  (01-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @surfergal I hope they don't continue to keep on rising. Keep on testing. I have noticed my levels have been slightly higher this week (I'm also 31 weeks) than they were 2 weeks ago even after eating the same foods but only by like .2-.5 so not a huge jump for me yet.
    I email my educator each week and she gives me feedback. I don't think I need to go for another appointment with her unless my levels get too high. I hear you about bubs hiding. I hope we get our bumps soon!
    @Finchee sorry to hear you're struggling with your BS levels too. How many weeks are you now? I find if I'm eating enough healthy fats (avo's mostly) they keep me really full and don't affect my levels. Great to hear your growth scan was all good! xx

How is everyone else going?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefull29 For This Useful Post:

SurferGalGC  (01-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am very interested in starting some testing now! Given how my iron levels have dropped so far despite daily supplements, I can imagine that BS levels will likely be more challenged as pregnancy progresses also. Hopefully will get a chance to pick up equipment tomorrow as I had a few clients cancel. The midwife will show me how to use on Monday but will probably have a little play around with it before then as now I'm curious!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have my second growth scan in about two weeks (at 34 weeks). It's kind of daunting to think that if the GD has started to affect bubs, I could get induced at 38 wks.. that would mean only 6 wks left, eek!! I think I'll be all good though as bubs was measuring small at the last growth scan. Unless they get a big growth spurt from the GD towards the end.
    @hopefull29 your recommended levels are lower than I was told. I was told 5.5 fasting and then 7.0. From what I've heard, the recommended levels used to be higher than that even.
    @Positivity it's such a relief to start testing so you know what your trigger foods are. It sounds like you'll be fine anyway because your levels were so borderline. My 1 and 2 hr tests were around 10.3 I think and I have managed okay so far. The first test I did that went over (by .2) I felt SO guilty haha. 10 minutes and a glass of water can make so much difference in the test level though!! Just remember to drink lots and lots of water to flush out the sugar.

I'm glad there are a few of us GD girls around the same gestation! The reassurance is nice

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SurferGalGC For This Useful Post:

hopefull29  (02-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @SurferGalGC my OB said bubs will only get big if GD isn't controlled so if your levels have been ok nothing to worry about. Bubs might end up being big just because they're a big baby but if levels are ok it's not the GD that's caused it. I have my growth scan around the same time as you, but it will be my 1st growth scan. I'm kinda excited for it.
    That's interesting about our recommended levels being different. I wonder why. And yep you're right about them being lower now than a few years ago, my diabetes educator said if they hadn't changed I would have passed.

I saw my OB again today, all is looking good. I've lost 3kg since my GD diagnosis so I was worried she would tell me off. She said as long as I feel and look healthy not to worry about it. Means my total gain is now only 4kg.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefull29 For This Useful Post:

SurferGalGC  (03-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I hope you're all going well. GD ladies, I too am seeing a bit of a rise in my levels since I was diagnosed, despite being really careful with what I eat. @Finchee- yes, some days I am famished. Other days I'm not hungry at all. One thing I have definitely noticed is the impact of poor sleep and stress on my BG levels- they go up a lot! I'm finding it quite hard when I'm really busy with work because I have to be super organized with my meal and snack plans and testing, and sometimes it's just not possible. I can't just whip my testing kit out in the middle of a board meeting. So I'm finding it a bit of a pain. @hopefull29, I also feel like I have lost weight since my GD diagnosis, everyone keeps telling my I have, I just hope bubs is still growing nice and big. I have my OB appt on Tuesday when I will be 30 weeks so will know then. She scans and measures at every appointment, so it's very reassuring. I have also had a few days this week where I have really freaked out about not feel bubs move as much. Again, I think it's when I'm really busy with work and rush around and don't have time to focus on the movement, but TA quite stressful. Think I'm going to have to cut back on my work responsibilities soon because I'm getting exhausted and overwhelmed.
    Can't believe how close we all are, ladies. Soon we are all going to holding our much loved and such longed for little miracles in our arms. I feel overcome with emotion when I think about it

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gypsy37 I'm sure bubs is growing as normal even if you're also loosing weight. My OB measured yesterday and I was spot on. Good idea to cut back on your responsibilities at work if you can. I hope once you cut back you find your energy again. I'm feeling the most energetic I have throughout the whole pregnancy at the moment. It's great. I also find the testing at work to be quite annoying, everyone's getting used to it now though.
    I think reduced movements are normal at 30 weeks from what I've read. Bubs is running out of room so you start to feel more stretching ect rather than strong kicks. I know if I'm really busy I don't tend to notice the movements as much. I think as long as once you focus on them and can still feel them all is ok. My placenta is anterior too so makes it even harder.