+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How are you feeling @Minib? Any feelings?

You girls are good I haven't even thought about giving ds the shot. 18 mo vacc are almost here! Ds has been too distressed with the new child care so I won't be doingthe vacc anytime soon. Ds sleeps well at childcare but he's bad when he's at home. Very clingy and nothing seems to keep him happy unless we are holding him.

@bbhope - aw blowing a kiss is so cute! Glad to hear ds is feeling better. And all those teeth! Ds has 12 now, think those second set of molars have come through.

Did you girls have a good long weekend? We had a very busy one and ds was out of schedule. He was not happy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Minib: yes, it went up pretty quick. He was a bit warm that morning. Off his food, a bit cranky. We just thought it was teething. Few hrs later, daycare called to have us picked him up because his temp was nearly 39c. It came on very quickly. He was a happy boy the day before. With the symptoms, we thought it was the 6th disease. Daycare wanted us to have the diagnosis because 6th disease is highly contagious. If it was confirmed, they needed to notify families. Although it isn't contagious after the rash appears from what i read. Anyway, GP just played it safe and wanted us to keep him home for a while.

He got his jab yesterday. I also did panadol before. He temp went up by late afternoon (mild) so i gave him another dose before bed. He was fine at wake time but slightly higher temp (normal). I gave him another dose just in case. It is recommended to have two doses after the vax regardless of fever from the vic health site.
    @Gelati: We have days like that as well. DS would just be clingy, get upset quickly and nothing seem to please him. No idea why and sometime i stop figuring out why. It must be something that's bothering him. It is difficult to keep our cool sometime. It mostly ended up a lot of yelling and time out. We didn't have long weekend here.......

Oh....DS is opposite. He could get more sleep at home. 2--3 hrs on average (1 nap now). If he could get more than 1 hr at childcare, it would be shocking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope how is ds now? Feeling better? When do you give him his second shot?

Yeh no point trying to figure it out.most of the time it's emotional. Probably the hangar of childcare has him feeling very insecure and separation anxiety so he is acting out. Angry at us, they get really upset with those they are most secure with. I've read they can hold it together all day and just wait until they see their parents and they let it all out. Poor little things. It's hard to keep your cool for sure but I just take a few breaths and say to myself he's not doing this to hurt you or upset you he is just really upset himself. If I snap at him or get short with him it doesn't help. So I just have to calm myself and what he really needs is just extra hugs, extra attention and extra love. Then normally he is fine. Unless the problem is hunger or tiredness. But yeh when it's emotional, the only thing that works for ds is patience and extra love. But man sometimes that's hard to give ESP when he's been difficult all day and you're tired yourself. Being a good parent is soo hard!!! But then when he does finally calms down and gives you hugs and smiles you wonder what really was so hard about it all. Let's just say parenthood has been crazy different to what I imagined it to be!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: ds seems fine from the vax. The second shot will be 2 months apart. I will probably aim at about 3 months apart. I don't want to be too close with his 18 months vax (more like 19 months given that Easter is the way).

Ya I know. I tried really hard not to lose the cool when ds was very grumpy. Dh just lost it the other day after ds threw the entire bowl of food onto the floor and splashed all over dh. Sigh. I was trying really hard to deal with ds for the rest of the day. Dh just "walked away" from the whole situation. I felt annoyed. For ds, it wasn't childcare related. He was always happy when we picked him up. Parenthood is difficult. Strong personality child adds in complication!

If it isn't having you ladies being honest with me about your ds and dd, I would probably think something is seriously wrong with ds. He is just being a toddler. My good friend always says how "good" her boy is etc so I certainly got a different idea. Anyway, I did get a reality check after my friend husband told a different story to my dh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope yep strong personality is extra hard. But I'd prefer ds personality to having a blob. Ds is so playful and laughs all the time. Having said that he cries a lot more too. Guess you have to just take the good with the bad.

Aw yes my dh doesn't really know what to do either but he doesn't walk away. Mums will always be mums. If ds is difficult I'm the one to calm him down. Some dads are really good at it but yeh my dh isn't great at it. But he tries his best. For some reason lately ds is fine when he's with me but when he's with dh all he wants is for him to hold him. Won't let him put him down.

Haha well yeh some parents outright lie and say everything is great and parenting is perfect when in actual fact the reality is different. But it could also be that to them their children are fine? Everyone has different coping thresholds.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: Ds sticks to DH like a glue!!! He always prefers him than me when we r around. We just had this conversation the thee day and dh thought the reason being him calming ds all the time and me just do the technical thing like feeding etc. ie. he has better emotional connection. Lol and then this outburst on Sunday.

Sigh. Look like ds will be off childcare for the rest of the week AGAIN! I am so mad right now. Because of possible hand foot mouth scare. I don't think he has it.....he just had his vax.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've also read that. They act well with others but when they see mummy or daddy, they let all the emotions out and that's why they act out.
    @bbhope can I ask how you implement time out with ds?

Parenthood is challenging. It can makes you so happy and so angry on the same day.

Oh @bbhope I have friends that only ever say good things about their children and parenthood. When I first had dd, I fought with dh a lot. To the point I thought my marriage is getting too hard. But 6 months down the track we are sleeping better, having better routine, know our daughter better. It comes with ups and downs. The ups are high and the downs are so low!

Any children will act out. My dd's tantrum is epic! She will roll on the floor and scream her head off. She doesn't care if it's in the airport, home or park.

Ladies. I'm so happy to hear I'm not the only one that feels my daughter prefers my husband. I actually thought that I do all the dirty work and dh gets all the fun stuff. So now I make an effort to do the fun things and let dh clean up haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is there a hfm vax? There's a hfm outbreak at our cc last week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So this happened tonight.

I'm 12dpo or 7dp5dt

BT is on Monday but I can't help myself can I. First week of the tww was so easy but man the last few days started to do my head in.

My legs feel so heavy like pms. And today I had this strong urge to test.

I did it tonight at 6 pm. Mind you my urine is quite diluted given I've had plenty of water during the day.

Eekssss!!! I need to confess to my nurse tomorrow. I have another bt tomorrow to check P4 so might as well ask for hcg test too.

IMG_1489655047.638298.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews