+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Gelati: i know what you meant!!! DS was like that last week after coming back from cc. After what happened on Saturday, i think it is a combination of overtired and teething. I spoke to them and they are now giving him 2 naps. However, DS didn't seem to nap that long as compared to at home or at the baby room. Perhaps they are still adjusting in the new room. So much going on, hard to get them sleep. Yes, baby room is so much more flexible. They seem to do less in the toddler room. I have also noticed super heavy diapers (even possible with a dirty one) last week when we got home. I put it down to them being busy and adjusting the routine the first week back. Tonight, his diaper wasn't heavy but he has a super red bum. I wonder if they forgot to change him the whole day and only just before pick up time.

I always have a second thought when things don't go well, like DS being sick so much. It isn't just socializing. I find DS learns so much at cc. They push his boundary. He had such a good time that he didn't want to go home today! He went to grab a toy like he wanted us to play with him there. Just when i packed the bag, he was so excited to show us the doll house on the table. I suspect it takes time for your DS to settle in. Perhaps request them to give him two naps like i did. After all, they can't just switch to 1 nap so quickly. DS isnt there yet. He is just inconsistent at the moment.

BTW, good luck TTC!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How is ds doing @bbhope? They are giving ds 2 naps but because all the other babies are to nap at midday he can't sleep cos it's too noisy. Anyways unfortunately for us ds is now transitioning to 1 nap and resisting our efforts of putting him down. But he's not quite ready for 1 nap as he gets so tired by the end of the day. But I think childcare has given him a bad habit.

Can you complain about his red bum? I complained the other day cos their carer to baby ratio was getting worse every time we dropped him off.

Ds is still crying every time we drop him off and can't wait to leave when we pick him up. It wasn't like that in nursery room. He never wanted to leave there. Concerns me a little bit but yeh maybe it'll just take some time. Let's wait and see. Ds caught a cold from childcare last week so we are keeping him from cc this week as we are off on holidays next week so don't want to risk it 😋

Ttc on hold at the moment as insomnia has returned a little bit as I've come off the medication and just waiting for my health and AF to get back on track. Back to 30 day cycle this month after 42 days last month. Still all over the place.

Have you guys decided on if you want #2? Everyone I know who has 2 is finding it soo busy. They said much much harde than just 1. Eek! Not sure if I'm up for it.

@Minib - how are you and dd travelling? When are you on holidays?

@Tanej78 - hope motherhood is going well and dd is letting you get some rest xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies. It's been a while. Forgot to reply lol. Sorry.
    @Gelati holiday in 2 weeks but we are only going away for a week. Hopefully we survive the long haul flight and the jet lag. I also really hope we have a spare seat for dd.

So it's the same for us. Our room is pretty much 12-18 month old so most of them are on one nap. Since dd started cc 3 weeks ago we have now transitioned to one nap. Too hard to put her down for morning nap around 10. So we now keep pushing through until 11.30-12 before putting her down. At home she could sleep up to 3 hours (on average 2.5 hours) but at cc only 1-1.5 hours so she's always tired at the end of the day too. We are lucky that we could pick her up around 3.30 pm so at least she could have some down time at home before bath and dinner. Some nights I had to feed her dinner at 5.15 pm lol.

Dd also caught a cold so the fun times begin. Gotta love cc.

My dd still cries every drop off and pick up. In fact I got told off by her when I picked her up last week. She saw me. Stood there, cried and 'talked' to me in an annoyed voice. The cc educator told me i am in trouble lol.

Where are you going @Gelati?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Press sent too soon. That's not good about your insomnia. But good to hear you are back on 30 day cycle.

I'm back on acupuncture and herb again. On a mission to get my cycle shorter and heavier period.

My dd is going well otherwise. Walking so fast like she's almost running. Then she tripped and got back up and did all over again lol. She loves walking and exploring. She hasn't said words still.
    @Gelati how old are the children in the toddler room? How many kids and carer?
    @bbhope is ds back to 2 naps? Can he sleep through the noise? Mine can't. So no chance of doing 2 naps. Wow dirty nappy that's not good. On the other hand my cc seems to be crazy about changing nappy. They go through a lot. Did you check the nappy change schedule?
    @Tanej78 how are you guys going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey guys sorry bit all over the place...
    Will come back this week and properly update and see what you're up to... but meanwhile we are good and babe is growing! 4 weeks on Friday

Thanks
    Reviews

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tanej78 For This Useful Post:

Gelati  (29-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG she's beautiful! Just beautiful. @Tanej78

Thanks
    Reviews
    Beautiful @Tanej78. Thanks for sharing those photos and great to hear you're all doing well.

@Minib- we are off to the Whitsundays so not too long a flight. Where are you guys off to?
    There are 16 in his room (1-2 yo) and should have 1:4 ratio. Haha your dd is so funny telling you off. How could you leave me here mum!?! Ds sleeps about 2.5-3 hrs normally but it's all over the place. Today he wouldn't go down until 3:30 then woke up at 6! But then tired by 7:30. I think he still needs 2 naps but has developed a bad habit for day sleep.

Ds is the same running around everywhere but not interested in learning words. Also gets shy if I ask him what something is but will say it if I don't ask him hehe. He learnt a new word recently - more. But he doesn't fully understand what it means as sometimes you give him more and he shakes his head. Today he pointed to his shoe and I said - shoe. Then he pointed to the other one and said 'more'. Hahaha made me laugh. Technically correct.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck with the acupuncture @Minib - hope your cycles start coming back to normal soon. I just started reading one of the ttc threads and almost all frostie were a BFN. I felt so sad for the ladies and it also started making me feel my last frostie won't work either - will be a miracle if it does. So I stoped reading the thread 😥

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78: lovely photos!! Thanks for sharing!
    @Gelati @Minib Toddler room is a lot bigger and i think it is 16 kids as well. 1:4 ratio. I mentioned to them about the red bum and they say that they will change often because of that. I hope they get the hint.

we r visiting my family oversea atm. Ds supposed to go to cc two days last weeks before leaving but there was gastro going around so we kept him home in the end not to risk it. The last thing u need is gastro on the flight! Ds schedule is completely off now since we r at my parents and a lot of disruptions. Still one nap or two naps. It really depends on how much he gets on his first nap. It will take some time to adjust it back when we return. We will see if we could get him to one nap only to meet with cc schedule. Not ideal to have so many disruption with routine but we need my parents help with ds. Not sure how he would react when we r gone.

Oh. We still haven't had the discussion about #2. I just don't think we are mentally and physically ready for it. If we have the discussion now, the answer would be no. Some people just love to have many children. Regardless of how busy it would be, they would deal with It. Ya, my friend second baby is only 7 weeks and is already sleeping through the night and is able to walk around having coffee with friends. No wonder they want 4 kids! I am not one of them. I have never wanted to have more than 1. After being traumatised by a colic ds, i even have a stronger feeling not to have another one. Also health reason. Glucose level is still not doing that great. Anyway, You just never know if you would be lucky @Gelati!

Ds is still not saying any sensible word. He understands what we say sometime, though.

Speaking of discipline, so hard. I see so many friends kids so good. Ds is like a little bully! Keep telling him to share etc but he just doesn't seem to understand.