+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yeah I'm full time now but at least I know I'll be off again in a few months.

Haha they are amazing little people. So bossy yet so caring too.

When she hits her head even so gently, she will come up to me wanting me to kiss her head lol. No tears or anything. But she just wants a kiss haha.

Oh yes dd sure knows how to throw tantrums. I feel like she's better in the last 2 weeks but before that she was pretty frustrated and kept throwing tantrum.

Her appetite is back. She's loving food again except yoghurt and cheese still. I don't know how to make her eat yoghurt again. Maybe I need to make frozen yoghurt.

Do you feel like ds get a lot out of shichida? It's pricey but I have only heard good things about it. My friends keep saying in long term there are plenty of benefits.

Feeling much better - finally!! MS has reduced a bit. I still throw up but at least only 2-3 times a day now. This arvo I actually feel the best I've been for a long time. So hoping it's the beginning of a nice trimester soon. I'm now 12.5 weeks. Scan on Saturday.

My tummy is so big! I popped very early. Can't hide the tummy so half the team know I'm pregger lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: I am so dreadful of giving Ds the second dose of bexsero. He is always grumpy for a week after a vax. Since he just had his 18 m vax, we feel like needing a break! Will have to call to ask the nurse. It will be 3 months gap but I think it is ok.

Hahah pop early. Hope it isn't too uncomfortable just yet. Good to know more break coming ahead.

Lol. My Ds will eat yogurt and cheese anytime! His favourite. Just like his daddy. Maybe your Dd has Asian taste bud.
    @Gelati: certainly very bossy. He sure knows how to throw the tantrums. It is ok this week but it comes in phases. He is eating again after 3 weeks of not having much appetite for some reasons.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope second dose of bexsero didn't sit as well for my dd. she was unsettled that day and night. She had temp, sore arm as well. She didn't want to move her left arm and cried a lot. All she wanted was cuddles. The next day though she was fine. Her arm wasn't sore and much happier. We gave her Panadol on day 2 anyway. Our 18 month vax is a few weeks away but I can already imagine she's not happy about her sore arm lol.

DD does love Asian food. She loves congee and often asks for it. But she also loves lasagne.

Was ds teething hence lost his appetite?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Minib glad to hear you're feeling a lot better. So you're second trimester now? Yay! You made it! Enjoy seeing your boy on sat

They are really sweet aren't they? When they're not throwing tantrums! Ds will give me pats on the back or the arm - his way of comforting me? Lol.

Oh doesn't like cheese or yoghurt? They are already developing opinions! Ds now tells me which items of clothing he wants to wear lol. He always wants to wear the same ones!

Oh poor thing. Maybe that vaccine build up affects them on the second dose. @bbhope I haven't even given ds 1 dose! I'm taking him in for his 18mo vacc this Friday. Dreading it! Will be keeping him home from childcare next week.

I think ds is teething which is why his appetite goes up and down. Or maybe growth spurts? Who knows, I'm not worried now. I don't try feed him between meals or anything, if he doesn't want his main meal then that's it. He gets the same snacks or sometimes a bit reduced just so he will eat his main meals as that has all the nutrients.

Yeh not sure about shichida. I'm sure it must be doing something. Can't be 100% waste of time. Out of nowhere ds is now able to do puzzles. The ones where you put the puzzle into the board. He used to just place them on and not try to fit the puzzle in but now he will turn the puzzle so it fits in. I'm also showing him how to do 2 piece puzzles. He's still not quite got the hang of that one yet.

More and more babbling now and funny sounds coming out but no proper talking still. Hopefully it's not too far away.

Ds can now climb up the steps to the slide and go down the slide by himself! He's also getting more helpful around the house, putting things back in drawers for me and throwing out rubbish. It's so funny watching him act like an adult. Makes me laugh!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How are you finding full time @Minib? Do you think you'll go back full time after having 2 kids?

I don't think I'll ever go back full time unless work wouldn't let me stay part time. Maybe if I were pregnant so I could just earn a bit more. Will dd continue going to cc after #2 is born? I would like ds to still go to cc. But if I don't have #2 until ds is almost 3 he'll be in 3yo kinder and hopefully be there 3-4 days per week. We got an interview at a private school kinder so hopefully it means if it goes well we are in fingers crossed! it's the one I wanted because it runs over school holidays which means we can get the government rebate so it's a lot cheaper than cc. For 3 days it's 6.5k per year. But you need to provide them with lunch and snacks and it only runs from 9-3 but there is after school or before school care.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry ladies have been MIA. It has been a rough few days.
    @Minib: ya I also heard that second dose is worse than the first. No idea why?! I am scheduled ds to do it in 2 weeks a break from 18 m vax.
    @Gelati: no idea why he wasn't in good appetite for 3 weeks. Caught the cold etc but couldn't be the main reason. Anyway, his appetite is more or less back. But super picky eater. Every now and then I would give in and offer what he likes to eat. But I am a bit more strict now. Just don't feed him. He would eventually eat, although he would scream the house down if I didn't give him the food he wanted to eat (unhealthy food)!! Sigh.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Day 5 blasto Fet on day 4?#5

Oops hit sent too soon.
    @Minib: do u read Chinese books to dd? I wonder where I can find foreign language children books.

Oh...full time is hard work. I am not going back full time anymore. 4x is a right balance for me. Enjoy the scan! I think isvthis week?

@Gelati: I don't even know there is private kindy. Ds is an oct baby. Isn't that they go to school a year later than the kids born the same year? U ladies think so far ahead. I haven't gotten my head around all these.

No word from Ds just yet. I don't necessary read story for him every day. He just doesn't have the patience for me to read the story book. He likes picture books which he can point out things for me. So that's what we have been doing. Ask for reading. I have a lot of English books but can't decide if I should read in English or translation. Hard to do translation straight away sometime.
    Last edited by bbhope; 22-05-2017 at 00:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls!! How are you all???

Full time is tiring! By Friday I am exhausted so I don't really want to do much on Friday night. I just want to sit on the couch and fall asleep lol. I don't want to go back full time with 2 kids. I'd like to do 4 days. 3 days in the office and 1 day from home. If I have to change job I will. To be honest I want a new job anyway. I would have applied for a new job (in the same company) if I didn't fall pregnant.

My plan is for dd to continue cc when #2 is born. I think it will be good for her to continue with some stimulation at cc. Especially when I'm trying to settle with another newborn. I hope I'm a lot calmer with Bub 2. I was quite all over the shop for the first few weeks especially with feeding issue. This time I've been telling myself I will persist with bf, mixed feed, express etc for 6 weeks then will switch to full formula if doesn't work. I don't want to ignore my dd because I'm obsessed with expressing. I want to be fair to both kids.

I haven't looked into kinder yet. Better look into it. Now that we are having a boy we can't just look at girls school lol.
    @bbhope I don't read Chinese books to dd. don't have one. But the library should have some? The local library I go to have them I think. If not maybe when you go back to asia next time just buy heaps?

October baby is not anywhere near the cut off so your son was October 2015 baby means he can start prep in 2021. So kinder 4 in 2020 kinder 3 in 2019. Cut off in Victoria is April.

I have put Peppa pig in mandarin on TV for dd haha. I found it online. She didn't know any better lol.

I'm in second trimester now girls woohoo. Almost 14 weeks. Scan was last weekend and all went well. My Boy was well behaved during the scan too.

This week is also a turning point with morning sickness. Other than morning, I'm feeling pretty good during arvo and night. Yay!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    What are you girls up to?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ps I'm only almost 14 weeks pregnant but look 20 weeks!! Geez my tummy popped early and it is growing fast! Not the baby as Bub is measuring spot on so I'm just carrying a lot of fat lol