+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Gelati: No. He is still not talking much. Other than saying "car", he still likes to whine and cry as a communication method. He understands a lot, though. DS probably loses it 70% of the time for nappy change! We seriously don't know what his problem is. I guess he just doesn't want to lie on the change table. Same after he gets out the bath.

Normally, we go to pick him up as soon as he winding down with the tantrum. It doesn't take too long. A few mins? If a few mins later, he was still very upset, the other person who didn't put him in the cot would go in and talk to him while taking him out of the cot. He usually stopped it quickly. If continue, back to the cot. Two tries will generally resolve it.

In any case, he is still a master of manipulation. We are having a big problem getting him to eat proper breakfast, lunch and dinner. It has been a few weeks now. Childcare says he is good there, eating heap. So i am not sure what the problem is. He would reject the food before even tasting it. During weekdays, i am not as worried since he eats fine at childcare but he is rejecting food on weekend as well.

The night sleep issue is on and off. There is no consistency. He comes to our bed half of the week. I am not going to complain because we get half the week sleeping through or 5am/6am wake time. DS isn't sleeping 12 hrs for sure. His average has been 10 hrs max. We are not putting him to bed as early if we could because a high chance of getting up at 5am. So normally he goes down around 8:30pm. We get home around 6pm so any time earlier would be very rush. Of course, if he is getting cranky, he goes down early.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @bbhope sounds like time out is working. That doesn't work with ds unless he's tired. What works with ds is calming talking. Although today he was soo bad. Kept hitting me and pulling my hair and glasses. He even pinched me near the eye. I got really angry with him that time and he knew he'd done something wrong as just looked at the ground. Didn't hit me or anything which he normally would if I yelled at him. Anyways I think it's cos he was tired. Luckily he wasn't hitting others like kids or babies but he wasn't sharing. No idea why he was so tired. Napped 4 hrs and was still tired. Slept 12 hrs overnight and in bed by 7pm tonight. Maybe he's coming down with something again. Didn't want anything to do with dad either. Just clung onto me even when dad came home.

Yeh without grandparents it's hard to get them into bed early on work nights. My other friends without grandparents have kids who have 8:30 bedtime too. Unfortunately they still wake early tho like your son. Have you thought about getting a sleep consultant in to help with ds sleep so he doesn't have to go in your bed anymore?

Ds can only say car and dog and more. But same he knows what we are saying and he's becoming quite handy as well. Always throws away his nappy (in a bag) into the nappy bin. Also wants to feed the dog too hehe. If I give him a tissue he will also wipe down his table (although not very thoroughly! Hehe)

Mm bad food habits for you son at home it sounds like. Do you still purée ds food? I still do it for dinner as it's easier than him feeding himself. He doesn't like eating meat if it's not puréed but that's probably because I haven't persisted with it. The only thing I can think of to break the habit is to make him go hungry until he starts eating properly and no snacks. Only main meals. It will be hard for a few days but eventually he'll start eating as he should. Toddlers aren't stupid, they won't let themselves starve. Ds recently started standing on his high chair. One day I'd had enough and said as soon as you stand meal time is over. It's too dangerous to stand on a high chair and it's very rude to do that at the dining table. He screamed when I took the food away and from then on remains seated until he's full / mealtime is over.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls. Sorry for being quiet. I have some anxiety about this pregnancy and it's been too long in between appointments. Well it feels that way even if in reality it's only been 3 weeks lol. I'm having NIPT test on Monday and it comes with a free scan. A much needed scan. I will be able to feel more relax by Monday mid morning.
    @Gelati dd is an awesome sleeper so I do hate to disrupt things. But if I don't move her out, we need to 2 new cots as whatever we have at home we need one at mums as well. If your ds is 2.5-3 I reckon he will be ready for a big bed anyway.

DD isn't fussy with teething but she did have less appetite. She's drooling heaps still but I can't see the other two canines cutting through yet.

MS is peaking in the last week. So awful. But I keep reminding myself it's only a few more weeks and it's a good reassurance.

Oh wow well done @Gelati your ds sounds like a beautiful boy. You must be super proud! I'll be so happy if other mums come ask for me advice. Hasn't happened yet haha.
    @bbhope do what works for you. A book is targeted at million of people. Just because it works for one family doesn't mean it will work for you. If time out works why not continue unless it's harmful but it's not anyway?
    @bbhope my dd doesn't correct me when I speak. She just tries to copy what we say. In the last couple of weeks we found her language skills have picked up. She's able to make more different sounds and try to say more words. She can almost say the word please properly. She can say go home when she didn't want to be at childcare haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope my dd is a very good eater. Actually WAS! Now she's also fussy. She will refuse weetbix for breakfast some days. She will refuse vegetable. I couldn't believe my child has turned fussy with food. So disappointed lol. Some days she just wants plain steam rice. Plain. Not even with sauce. Lol so Asian haha.
    @Gelati maybe ds is going through another growth spurt? Or coming down with something? My dd isn't clingy but one night after cc she wouldn't let me go at all. Not even to the toilet. In all honesty I was loving it haha. I was lapping it up as I know it doesn't happen every night. That was after the long weekend and she had too many days home with us.
    @Gelati they love the cleaning game. Every time I clean the floor I give dd a paper towel as well. She will go wipe the same dining chair then come to help clean the floor. She can say tissue although it sounds like 'titoo'
    @Gelati your son is very good in understanding things and also then change his actions. I don't know if my dd can do that. She's so stubborn! I found my match. When she cracks it, she will scream the house down and she tends to win! I feel like she's starting to be the boss and I'm not strict enough with her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib 3 weeks is a long time I remember it was crap having to wait. First trimester is def full of anxiety but don't worry everything will be fine. The first scan went well so just keep remembering that. And morning sickness although sux is a great sign that everything is developing well. Good luck for Monday and enjoy seeing your precious bubs. Will you find out sex on Monday?

Sounds like your daughter can say a lot of words already. Ds keeps mumbling to me now as if I should understand what he's saying but I have no idea! Haha. I'm sure he wishes he could say go home! Lol.

Oh yeh I see what you mean. I don't think I'd get a second cot for my mums. Ds can just sleep on a mattress on the floor. He is starting to do that at childcare now. But yeh still dreading it for home. He has great bedtime routine - short and sharp but I'm still worried! Seems as though wonder week tantrum is over now as he's going down for a nap during the day ok again.

That's a relief that you don't have to deal with teething problems. Ppl kept telling us how bad teething is but so far we've been lucky too. I see some canines coming through I think. The bottom two. Only just started so probably will take awhile. Once he's got his another set of molars come out on both sides I'm going to stop pureeing food. Do you still purée dd lunch and dinner?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib oh no hopefully she's going through a phase with the eating. Girls are generally more fussy eaters than boys as kids. I actually think they are more fussy in general like particular about what they wear, how their hair is done etc. whereas boys eat soo much and get dirty and go through clothes like there's no Tmr. Lots of laundry!

Haha I love it when I'm the favourite too. Still the fav now and it's great! Tho dh is getting a bit upset that he's no longer the favourite lol.

Hehe I'm the bad cop at our house. I'm always disciplining ds. But I'm still the fav tho so that just goes to show you can be strict / have clear boundaries and still be the most loved! 😝 I try my hardest to not scare him into being well behaved. So I don't yell or just tell him off. It's hard sometimes I lose it like the time he pinched me near my eye. It's exhausting not just to tell him off cos you have to keep explaining everything and being patient. Parenting is exhausting! But somehow when he comes and gives me a big hug it's all worth it again. Such suckers!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I stop pureeing food ages ago @Gelati. I cut up the meat and veggie to smaller pieces so easier to eat. I think she was about 10 months old when I stop pureeing food. I did use to cook the veg a bit softer but now just normal as how we would eat them. I must say she is still not a big fan of roast beef or stir fry beef. When it comes to beef has to be minced. Oh the canines take a while for us but I actually didn't know how long the molars took. Because she wasn't bothered I didn't pay attention and suddenly I saw one molar popped out when we were in Hawaii.

From memory we can't find out the gender on the test day. It takes about a week for the results so I should find out about Monday week. You are right though the ms is a good sign.

Haha once your son starts saying a few words, it will be hard to stop him. I'm sure he's confused why you can't understand him right now lol.

That's a good point. At cc my dd also sleeps on a mattress on the floor. Never in the cot. But that's probably why she only sleeps 1-1.5 hours. Not sure. But yeah I'm also a bit nervous about transferring her to a big bed. She's such an awesome sleeper right now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope so too @Gelati don't like fussy eater.
    My dd won't let me put a beanie or a headband. She lets me put her a hair clip on now though so that's a win haha. But I love beanie. Bought a few and she won't wear them. She's wasting my money haha.

I should be stricter. But it is hard to discipline without yelling. I don't want to yell either. I try to explain and be patient and she doesn't get it sometimes.

I was out for dinner last night and this morning when She woke up, she gave me the biggest smile and yell out mummy mummy. She cuddled me too. Melt my heart.

Parenting is hard! I agree. Takes a lot of patience.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow next week! How exciting @Minib you'll know what your having so soon. Can't wait to know 😊 How are you feeling now, has the ms calmed down a little? How many weeks now?

Oh you're so good I haven't stopped pureeing at all even tho I know they dont do it at childcare and he eats fine. I just feel like he doesn't eat much when he feeds himself and then I feel bad cos he'd only had 6 teeth until about a month ago when another 6 came through including molars. He now chews with his molars which is so cute! But yeh I probably should just stop pureeing. For lunch today he had some roast chicken and peas and corn. He ate his portion but it still wasn't as but as when I feed him. And then for afternoon tea he was so hungry he had a sandwich and milk and biscuits. But look I'm sure he'll learn if I just let him.

Haha yeh you're right he's probably confused why I don't understand him because when he talks to me he's in all seriousness! 😂

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha yep we are already starting to learn what we want for our child isn't going to be what they want! Maybe dd is a tom boy, doesn't want bows and headbands? But most likely it's probably just uncomfortable.

Aww it's so nice when they miss us isn't it? Love their cuddles and baby smell! And chubby cheeks and smoothe skin. Apparently it's natures way of tricking us into enjoying parenthood when it really is just a big *** chore! Haha