+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Gelati I hope what you says is right and she feels most secure with me. Cos at times I feel like she loves me least. Maybe she can sense I'm a high maintenance mum so she prefers daddy and grandparents lol. That's true though that they go in phases. And eventually they all come back to mummy apparently.

Your ds sounds amazing! Such a beautiful phase for him to start understanding things and compassion

Haha you should totally try again! But your body didn't cope well with the drugs yeah? We have one frostie left. Will keep that one for a couple years and see how we feel. We always say 2 is what we want but now that we have another embryo we aren't quite sure what to do. Pretty sure we will end up with 2 only.
    @bbhope wow your dh's comment was rough. You are not a terrible mother and you have more than just emotional connection with your son. You are probably the main carer and daddy is more fun so he prefers daddy. But don't feel like you have no emotional connection. That's not right.

Your ds eat the yoghurt while crying? Lol he got his priorities right. The body roll is so funny to watch! My daughter sometimes will do a couple of body roll when throwing tantrum. If she sees me ignoring her she stops doing it.

Re Easter we are just spending time with family. Not much plan otherwise. What about you girls?

I haven't made any plan with friends this weekend. Too paranoid they will catch I'm pregnant and I don't want them to know yet haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    A quick one...
    @Minib: no full teeth just yet. Canines are all out (not fully). He has been drooling like crazy in the last few days. This usually means the beginning of teething. Don't know how long it will take the 2 yr molars to come out, though. The last set of molars took quite a while for sure. He hasn't had a break from teething since 9 months.

Yup, something you dont' know about baby logic!! Tantrum that is. It was rather hilarious about the rolling. I think he was deliberately wanting me to see it that's why rolled all the way to my bedroom where i was.

Ya, that's a harsh comment that DH made. Whatever. I know that I'm not a bad mom. I care about him as much as DH. Yes, i admit that i rarely hold DS now but that's because he is getting so heavy and my back is still hurting from time to time. DS still comes to me but prefers daddy when he is around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @bbhope you're certainly not a bad mum. You are doing everything you can for ds. That comment is very harsh of dh. You all bring something different to the table as you are all different people. But everything you do is out of love for your son. It goes in phases. One day out of the blue ds could suddenly prefer you!

Ds prefers me at the moment to anyone including grandpa! I'm lapping it up as I know it won't last forever hahah. Today we were watching Thomas together while eating breakfast and ds gives me a bite of his toast. After I ate some he gave me a gentle couple of pats on the arm and smiled as if to say 'there you go mum, you're a good mum' - At least that's what I told myself hahha. Enjoying this wonderful phase as who knows when it's gonna change!

Wow canines already! Your ds has much more teeth than mine. Mine only has 12 atm. Second set of molars came out. His gums look so swollen but he hasn't been fussy at all. Amazing! Might explain why he's chewing on dummy so much during sleep? Not sure when the next ones will come out now.

Aw your ds is def a big tantrum thrower and keep eating through tantrum? That's dedication! Just try to be patient as much as you can. Walk away if it's getting too much or put him in his cot for a bit of quiet time. Basically what you're doing. Just try hard not to lose your temper. I know it's easier said than done.

@Minib - def keep the third frostie because when the time comes you may want 3! Go for the third I say! Haha. When I was younger I always wanted 3.
    Yeh not sure about ivf again. I was fine with the drugs but a couple of months after the ivf cycle I got a really bad migraine and had to go to hospital. It must have been the hormones I can't see what else would have caused it. I've not had any migraines since and never had migraines before. Probably not the worst thing to happen but yeh that's why I think it's hard on my body. You never know what damage all those injections have done to your body. Fx our last frostie works.

Hope you ladies have a lovely Easter!! We aren't doing anything big just family stuff. Might go down to the in laws beach house one day and then having a girls day out to the wineries on Monday. Baby free yay! Haha. Daddy daycare 😝

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I have a question - when are you ladies planning on starting toilet training?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: I feel the same regarding ivf. On top I did the immune treatment. An ivf friend met through on BH recently chatted with her endocrinologist about some issues as her hormone was screw up after on the immune treatment for so many times. The dr also advised saying ppl who have higher risk of diabetes will have their glucose level screw up on high dose steroid in such a long time. That's what I encounter ATM. Never go back to normal anymore.

Ds chew through two of his dummy now! He hasn't had much appetite lately. Not sure if it is because of the cold or teething.
    @Minib: we r camping over easter. Left a day earlier. Ds is sick so feel bad having him sleeping in the tent but he is certainly enjoying sleeping with us! He has a good time though. I must say that it is a lot of work traveling with kid. Constant attention to make sure he isn't putting himself in danger. Also diff style of vacationing now. All about kid activities.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No rush toilet training because my friend told me that if they aren't mentally ready, it will be super difficult. She did that with kid 2 and realised how frustrated it was with him.

Ds hates diaper change so I am sure that he isn't mentallly ready.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati the canines seem to take longer to cut through compared to molars. My dd has been drooling like a tap for over a week now and I can only see one canine cut through. 3 to go.

FX last frostie works and you don't need to do any more stim. IVF isn't fun.

We haven't thought about toilet training at all. I don't think we will start until next year. She does tell us after she's done a poo so I've been told she's started to show signs. But she's 16.5 months old I don't know how to toilet train a 16.5 months old. And I don't want to do potty first then toilet. I'd want straight to toilet.

We are transitioning her to big girl bed around end of September. That gives her 2 months to get used to before the second child joins us. I don't want to buy another cot. We have a bassinet but I want to focus on dd's transition without worrying about another child. I read it's not a good idea to toilet train or move to big bed when second child is born. Too many changes in their lives.
    @bbhope wow I don't do camping. I admire those who go camping. But that's just not me. I've done it once and I hate camping. Haha yeah that's right. Even when we were in Hawaii we plan activities that our dd will enjoy too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope yes ivf I would believe has long term health issues for us ladies but we maybe just don't know about it yet. I'm sure injecting ourselves full of those hormones can't be 'good' for us. But hey it's all worth it right? I'd give my life up for my son any day!

Wow camping how did it go? You are an adventurous girl I would def not do camping. Only did it as a kid but def not my cup of tea now. I'm def a 'finer things of life' kinda gal now! Hahah

@Minib - oh wow already thinking about big girl bed. I def understand not wanting to buy another cot but dread moving to big kid bed. I'm going to hold out as long as I can. Will def buy another cot if we need to hahah. I'll buy a cheaper one tho not a boori. But if I don't have #2 until ds is 2.5-3 then might not need to worry as he'll def be ready for a big bed by then.
    Ds hasn't got canines yet. Only 12 teeth so far. He seems to get 6 at a time so we probably have a rest before the next 6 come through hehe. Is dd fussing with teething?
    I can't believe you're planning for dd meeting the next little one. It's so exciting I bet you cant wait for November! How are you feeling. Has ms calmed down a bit now? When do you do harmony test again?

Sorry I've been a bit MIA as ds was going through a wonder week or something. Refusing day time naps and feel a change in his blabbering and his understanding of things. He def understands that he can choose to cooperate or not now. He understand when we are teaching him from right and wrong. We must be doing something right tho because when we are st the parks some mums will come up to me and compliment his behaviour and ask for parenting advice. I know I sound a bit braggy and a proud mumma but ds is just beautiful. He's such a good sharer and loves comforting other kids if they are sad. Younger kids are going through the smacking stage and if they hit ds he doesn't hit back but just walks away. So proud. Haha sorry for the brag but I just think he's the best! 😝😝

Minib - yes fx frostie works. Really don't think we'll do another cycle as if it doesn't work we're really happy with just one. I was an only child and so was my mum and so I know he will be just fine. We may move back to London if we only have 1 too but see how we go. The world is our oyster 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: hope your MS is settling down. Strangely, my DS is also starting to tell us after he has done the pee. As for poo, sort of in the last few days. But it is still a challenge to get him onto the change table most of the time! So i don't think he is mentally ready.

Yes, he is a big tantrum thrower! Although he has moved onto a different phase now. Shaking his head all the time. LOL. I have read half the "no bad kid" book. It is hard to implement most of it. Easier said than done. We still believe in time out, though. That's only one bad reaction that i need to change. I tried couple of techniques from the book but no go so far. I suspect it is more to do with language barrier. Like DS doesnt' understand "tomorrow, today, later, 5 mins etc". I guess we just have to keep trying rather than just yell at him straight away.
    @Gelati: well done. Parenting is hard. When you have done something right, you deserve a pat in the back. Sleep has been very inconsistent with DS since Jan. That's when he dropped the nap. Now, he is in our bed half of the time. He usually goes to bed in his bed without problem. If he wakes up in the middle of the night, he just needs company. We give up because we are both now working and with him in our bed, we all sort of getting some sleep rather than keeping up with the sleep training. I take it as some extra comfort time for him since he now goes to childcare 4 days a week.

He is going through language development at the moment. A bit late but better than never. He is quite confused about different languages. He can understand quite a bit but just not speaking. Oh ya @Minib, does your DD try to correct you if you say the word she knows in a different language? DS tried to do that to me. He kept shaking his head and said "car" when i said it in a different language.

Ya, as for camping. DS had a great time!! He was curious about everything around him. All new. It was more us trying to prevent him from touching people stuff and intruded their space. It was quite exhausting given that he wouldn't sit still for a second! I thought camping is a big thing for Aussies. Hahaha....they seem to bring the entire house to the campground. LOL. We are minimalist car camper. We used to camp once or twice a year before DS. When i was in school, i did "real" backpacking in the wood.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope well shaking head is better than throwing tantrum right? Haha so funny that he corrects you that's a big development stage. Is he saying quite a lot now? Can he say simple sentences? Ds still doesn't talk but he does hand movements. So when I say something like whale, he'll move his arm up and down like a whale swimming in water or if I say hat, he'll tap his head. But alas still no talking but lots of variations in sounds now.

Yeh ds points to his nappy when he's done a poo now. But yeh he hates nappy change. 70% he'll tolerate it but 30% of the time he loses it. Now he's started to run away and hide when it's nappy change time 🙄

Well if time out works then I would just stick with it. Do whatever works as you know him best and what suits him. As long as it's not hurting him I think it's fine. How long is time out? And is it just in the cot? We do that too but we don't call it time out but rather nap time hoping he might nap but if not just quiet time as if nothing we try is working it's normally cos he's tired or over stimulated.

Are you guys still battling sleep issues at night? That must be really hard. Ds is going through bad napping during the day but at night he's still the same - 12 hrs normally. But daytime can be anything from 40 min to 2.5 hrs. Never know what we're gonna get! But only 1 nap now. We've given up on the second nap. Too much resistance. But it does mean he's pretty tired by 6:30 at night.

How's it going @Minib? Is the harmony test coming up soon?