+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @bbhope - oh no sounds very hard. Can you give him a snack will that stop the tantrum. Otherwise sounds like you have to just ride it out. Don't try to stop him crying, that way you won't get so frustrated that he's not stopping. Just keep saying to him that you understand that he is frustrated and he wants to keep playing but it's time to go home now.

Does he understand certain words like later or after or tomorrow? I've tried to teach ds these words so I can use them when he's about to throw a tantrum. Like you can have the toy after you have your lunch or you can continue playing with the train after nappy change. I also have taught him the words nappy change and say it before I pick him up so he can anticipate it. Or I've taught him the word later. You can have another strawberries later. I have to say the tantrums only lasted 2-3 weeks but now I think back I think it must have been change in childcare that caused it.

I suppose what works for my son won't necessarily work for you. You know him best and only you can figure him out based on both his personality and yours and what the root cause might be. For my son it was cc, tired. And perhaps just a phase. Good luck! Hope you can figure something out that works for you guys xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are things @Minib? Are you coping ok with the morning sickness?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Morning sickness sucks!!! Lucky it's not for the whole pregnancy. I would have struggled big time. I feel sick all day long. It's not just mornings lol. A few spews a day. Yikes! Counting down to the harmony test at 10 weeks. I swear the last 3 weeks have been so slow!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hang in there @Minib. Yep this is the worst part. Should start easing soon hopefully. Mine was worst at 8-10 weeks. And yep all day long. I worked from home 1 day a week. Couldn't last 5 days sitting at my desk.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope my local library doesn't have the Janet Lansbury book so I can't read unless I want to buy it.

Does your ds have the 2 year old molars now? So full teeth now? Wow! I heard those 2 year old molars can take a while to cut through.
    @Gelati next scan is on 1st may. We are doing to harmony test and it comes with a free scan so it's a bonus. I'm seeing ob for first appointment the day after Anzac Day. I basically aim to last until end of the week and celebrate another week of pregnancy. I feel so bad to say this but I don't enjoy first trimester. It comes with anxiety of whether it's a viable pregnancy. But also the morning sickness makes me down. I'm trying my best to not look like I'm going to spew all the time. People at work aren't suspicious yet I think.

At the moment I'm loving orange. It seems to give me some relief. And chilli! The chilli isn't good for digestion but it's good during meal as I find all food bland and doesn't taste good. I don't like heated up food too. Smells different. Today someone heated up lasagne in the kitchen and I almost gagged lol.
    @Gelati so good to hear your son has eased off with the tantrums. Tantrums are hard work as they can't communicate.
    @bbhope we will do harmony test again this time. I know! I was also surprised that my dd looks more Caucasian than Asian. I'm also so curious what my second child will look like.

We use sleeping bag still. We will continue Using it until we move her to big girl bed. I have 3 sleeping bags at one time. One for home, one for mum and one for cc. For this winter I have a pure baby, plum and ergopouch. We have up to size 2 years for now. Won't need sleeping bag next winter as she will be in a proper bed by then. I don't want to buy another cot. Isn't the length from shoulder down? So I would say 105 cm should be ok until next winter? I actually have the one up to 90cms. It's fine and my dd is tall. I keep forgetting it's not head to toe. Only shoulder to toe.
    @bbhope my dd throws tantrum when we leave the park. Unless she's played there for hours she simply doesn't want to go. I tried talking to her but doesn't always work. I usually distract her with songs. I put on nursery rhymes in the car and started singing. She loves wiggles and often try to sing along. When nothing works maybe just walk away. If you know he's not in danger of hurting himself just walk away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    From memory last time it also peaked week 8-11. So the worst is yet to come but also not that long. I actually prefer to be at work because I get distracted by other people talking to me. When I'm home alone I feel like I want to spew more. Fresh air and walking help but I can't be walking 10 hours a day lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib - I didn't enjoy first trimester either. But the good thing is by the time morning sickness starts you are almost half way over it.

Yeh wonder who your second will look like! So exciting! Can't believe you'll have two kids this Christmas! Isn't that just so cool when you think about it 😊 I'm hoping I will be pregnant by this Christmas haha. Was your embryo a hatching blast? Was it a day 5 or day 6? Ds was a hatching day 6 blast my last frostie hadn't started hatching yet.

Aww so you're dd throws tantrums too now? It's hard isn't it? Haha wiggles! Ds likes them too but he absolutely loves Thomas. Does dd do the wiggles dance moves?

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD was a hatching blast. This one was a day 5. Expanding by the time it was put in. I know. I was telling hubby I couldn't believe we are going to have 2 kids by Christmas. To think about 3 years ago I was having lots of doubts if I will ever have any children. Life has been amazing for us. I can't believe how lucky we are.

She does. She doesn't like me saying no. So she will throw tantrum when I say no. This morning I tried to put jacket on her. She didn't like it so she threw a tantrum. I hope it's just a phase. DD also more impatient with me compare to hubby or my parents. She seems to lose temper with me more than anyone else. I don't know what I've done. Maybe I don't smile enough to her lol. I don't lose my temper with me. I'm actually very patient with her so I am confused why she is angry at me most. Daddy is her favourite.

She can't do all the dance yet but she loves 'rock-a-bye your bear' and abc songs. My dd doesn't know Thomas exists yet haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib I think dd acts that way with you because she feels most secure with you. So in actual fact she loves you most! At least that's what I tell myself hahah. Dh is the favourite after grandpa but lately I've become the favourite and grandma. They say they go in phases so everyone close to them plays a very important role. We are all so different. I know when ds is scare or sick he wants me but when he's happy he wants dh. Haha feels like we get the raw end of the stick! But lately ds has been the best to me. He's been such a good boy the last 2 weeks I'm so proud of him. Even when he has a tantrum he manages to calm himself down and looks into my eyes as I'm talking to him. His hitting is also not as vicious as they used to be. I can almost feel him holding back and trying to control himself. Maybe he understand hitting me hurts me? Anyways he's just going through a really gorgeous phase. I'm sure that can change in a light switch!

Oh ok cool. Mine is a day 6 expanded blast. I started saying to dh tonight that if it doesn't work should we try ivf again? It's pretty unlikely but can't believe I'm even talking about it! But yeh pretty unlikely.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: well......no go with snack. I actually did that yesterday during that 1 hr tantrum. I put him on my lap, gave him his yogurt. He still cried even though he was eating! sigh...i think my problem is that i was trying to fix it. Most moms just told me to just walk away. Oh...did i mention he rolled all the way from the living room to my bedroom after I walked away?! LOL. I punished him when i lost it. Such a terrible mother..........

Ya, DS is also liking the thomas a LOT, although i am not sure if it is because us introducing him that. He also goes nut with cars and trucks on the road. In fact, car is his first word!
    @Minib: i recall you also had bad morning sickness with dD? Hang in there. It is all worth it. As for daddy's boy, yes, DS is also glued to DH. It is so unfair for DH saying i don't have emotional connection with DS, that's why DS prefers him!! I was like huh?!??

Any plan for Easter?