+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ladies I love scrolling back and see the chat about schools etc compared to 2 years ago
    @Minib how amazing UTD with no2

DD is 13 weeks now... she's doing amazing, we've had no real dramas to speak of which is such a relief to be able to enjoy her after trying for 9 years it's nice she gives us big sleeps at night, has put on a kilo and grown 4cm every month. So we're now 6kg and 62cm.

Sorry I've been a bit absent and all over the shop... it's amazing how time flies I'm struggling to jam everything in!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Tanej78: glad to hear from you!! thanks for the update!
    @Minib: how cute.

DS still doesnt say a word. I am hoping he would soon. So frustrating when we don't understand each other. His tantrum is getting worse. Funny story........DS threw a tantrum tonight. DH commented that he was complaining like a cat. DS immediately looked out the window looking for the cat and looked scare. There was a lost cat at the window the other day and was very aggressive, using the paws scratching the window and scared DS. LOL. i didn't know that baby has memory at that age.

I am also looking for teh book......

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib it's been such a long time. How is everything going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @mags83 how are you going??? It's been a very long time! How old is your daughter now? About 14 months old I think?
    @Tanej78 omg 13 weeks already. Time flies!!! She's growing nicely. That's a nice healthy weight. Are you breastfeeding or formula feeding? We know you are just enjoying motherhood and seriously the first 3 months are a big blur. The day and night all meshed into one. Is hubby staying in Melb more or still fifo??
    @bbhope oh wow! Your ds and I can be good friends. I am also scared of cats. Weird given I'm an adult lol. I like dogs though. How are you guys going? When your son can communicate more it will be easier. To be honest my daughter still just point and say gibberish. But she can say yes or no so I have to guess a lot haha.

Sooooooo ladies! I had the first scan today. 6 weeks 5 days. Baby is measuring 6w6d so bang on. Heartbeat is healthy at 132. My ob rang tonight and said he's very happy with everything after reviewing the scan result. Next is appointment with OB in 2 weeks then harmony test on 1st may.

Morning sickness has finally kicked in! I forgot how yucky morning sickness is. Yikes!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Minib View Post
    Hi @mags83 how are you going??? It's been a very long time! How old is your daughter now? About 14 months old I think?
    @Tanej78 omg 13 weeks already. Time flies!!! She's growing nicely. That's a nice healthy weight. Are you breastfeeding or formula feeding? We know you are just enjoying motherhood and seriously the first 3 months are a big blur. The day and night all meshed into one. Is hubby staying in Melb more or still fifo??
    @bbhope oh wow! Your ds and I can be good friends. I am also scared of cats. Weird given I'm an adult lol. I like dogs though. How are you guys going? When your son can communicate more it will be easier. To be honest my daughter still just point and say gibberish. But she can say yes or no so I have to guess a lot haha.

Sooooooo ladies! I had the first scan today. 6 weeks 5 days. Baby is measuring 6w6d so bang on. Heartbeat is healthy at 132. My ob rang tonight and said he's very happy with everything after reviewing the scan result. Next is appointment with OB in 2 weeks then harmony test on 1st may.

Morning sickness has finally kicked in! I forgot how yucky morning sickness is. Yikes!!!!
    I'm very well thank you I saw your name pop up and I had to write and touch base yes she sure is she will be 15 months soon great memory!! Feels like I've lost mine hehe... I see you are pregnant again? So so happy for you that is amazing news ))))) awwwww so good to see

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: great number! Must be very happy!!

We r doing ok. Up and down. Last night, ds was in terrible mood. Had a super hard time commuting with him back home. Poor dh had to deal with him alone. I was sick at home. Tonight, he was the sweet angel. Happy and playful despite tired.

His last set of molars are coming soon. Drooling and sticking fingers far back into the mouth.

Oh got the Janet lanbury book from the library. Only went through the first chapter. Well, we are basically doing most of the things she says not to do! I don't know what to think of it. Eg: no time out. 90 % of the time it works for us. Etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay @Minib! Congratulations you guys must be feeling very real now that's soo exciting!! When is next scan? Soo happy for you guys!
    Oh yuk yeh morning sickness is crappy but fx it doesn't hang around long. Citrus helped me and smelling citrus or peaches.

@Tanej78 so great to hear from you. The first 3 months are a blur so congrats for surviving them!

@bbhope let me know how you find the book. I haven't done time out since that one time. It seemed to work for us that one time or maybe it worked cos it gave me time out so I was in a better frame of mind when re approaching the situation. Ds seems to have suddenly grown out of the tantrums for now. Still throws them sometimes but maybe I'm just better at reading the signs. Normally when tired or hungry but he's not hitting me anymore. He seems to know now that I don't like hitting and he will gently tap me. He's also recently giving ppl he loves hugs. And because I've been trying really hard to be understanding and gentle with him when he's screaming and distressed, if I get a bit stressed (like sometimes I'm like don't move! If he suddenly turns when changing a poopy nappy) he sees me stressed and stops doing what he's doing and gives me a pat. Soo sweet!! Melts my heart.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: i seem to forget the timing. When will you do the harmony test? Are you going to do it this time? Oh....you mentioned that your DD looks more westerner? I always thought asian gene dominated. LOL. Genetic is such a strange thing. I wonder if the second would just look so much like the first.
    @Gelati: Only the first chapter, I already feel that it is going to be all about "be patient", "use more hugs and love". I don't find it realistic if that's all about. When DS was really bad the whole day, could you imagine a calm us? DS is in a difficult phase again. Up and down. If he doesn't get what he wants, he throws a big one. It was a scene at the supermarket this morning. It is so hard to shop with him these days. He wants to run around the store, try to climb boxes if they leave them on the floor like the store is a big playground! Changing nappy is still a BIG struggle. I told DH not to yell at him so much but sometime we just lost it after a while.

Oh...do you ladies use sleeping bag for winter? Well, we bought 3 last year and was hoping it would last through 2 winter. Sigh...nope. 3 is too many but I was trying to get teh free shipping and try different options (like different TOG and sleep suit and bag). It looks like ergopouch is the only company that makes the longest (105cm) for 12 to 36 months bag. However, my friend told me that her boy is 100cm+ at age 3 so it might not last two winters again. On the other hand, 100cm+ at age 3 seems to be very tall? What i am wondering is that if it is even worth paying $67 for the extra length or just get the $55 ones if it is going to last one winter anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope oh no poor you tantrums are not fun! Some mums have said they avoid the supermarket and other places like Kmart from 2-3 yo. Ds only throws massive tantrums when very tired so he's not quite at throwing tantrums stage just because he can't have something. I mean he does throw a tantrum but when I talk to him he calms down. Normally I tell him why he can't have it or can't touch it and usuallyif it's in a shop I tell him to say bye bye to it. If it's something he can't touch I normally say no we can't touch it but you can look at it, can you tell me what colour it is? Etc. but probably just cos ds isn't quite at tantrum stage yet so I can still calm him down.

I don't believe in just hugs and love when they are having tantrum but I do believe in patience. And def if ds has been difficult for a whole day I find it tough to find the patience at the end of the day but I also k ow yelling and getting angry or frustrated doesn't help the situation either. Just need to dig really really deep during those time. Luckily we haven't had many of those days. Dh is way more patient than me. He's never yelled at ds ever. He told me he just doesn't have the urge to as he knows he is just a baby and just unhappy or frustrated but can't explain so he cries. Wish I had that kind of patience naturally.

For change table I normally give him someone he likes to hold or make it fun like we sing or I talk to him or we say nursery rhymes. At the end of each nappy change we now count 1,2,3 and he jumps off into my arms. So ending on a fun note.

When we are out and say at a toy store and we need to leave I ask him to say buy to the toys and then I take out one of his fav toys and let him take that. Seems to work so far but I haven't experienced terrible 2's yet so who knows.

Ds still hits and throws when he's frustrated or angry but he's starting to understand gentle. Sometimes when he's getting really upset I pick him up and give him a tight cuddle and that seems to destress him. Other times I know it's cos he's tired so I will put him in his cot. Even if he doesn't sleep it's good for him to have a rest and quiet time. He's usually better after quiet time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: you are lucky with your DS. Well, i tried everything, including telling him that we will come back tomorrow, he could have this and that if he does this or that. He doesn't get the reasoning concept just yet. When we said bye, let's go, he would throw a small fuss like no choice but to follow us. Now, he just throws the tantrum! Another episode this morning! To make him happier, I drove 20 mins to visit an animal petting session at the mall. He threw a BIG one when i decided to time to leave. Yup, typical scene of a kid throwing tantrum and me being thick skin trying to be calmed and let him be part of the time. He continued when we got home. I let him cried, kicked, rolled etc. I tried to tell him all sort of things but he just didn't seem to get it. That went on for an hr. I lost it at some point..........tight cuddle, didn't help.

I tried the methods you used for nappy change. No luck. As soon as his head hits the change mat, he screams. Worse now that he is trying to grab his butt all the time!