+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We put her name down on Carey and MLC. I know! The extra curricular is a lot! And they don't go domestic these days. Always overseas excursions too on top of sports, music, etc.

I didn't know state kinder only has 4 hours per week. That's not good for working parents! I guess we will do cc kinder then.

We bought in Canterbury. So might re-look at schools. Plenty of good schools around there
    @bbhope kindy at age 3. Kinder 4. Then prep (school). 3 isn't too young I think. The kindy is pretty easy.

State school doesn't cost much so we are also looking into some better state school out there. Not writing them off. Honestly we aren't too confident we can afford 2 kids at private school.

I'm dreading this winter at CC. It's always worse in winter. Eeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That's a beautiful suburb @Minib. And Canterbury girls is a great state school so if you have two girls they can go there. I've not heard if camberwell high is a good high school or not tho so don't have much info there. Balwyn is meant to be a great school.

Yeh private school is crazy expensive. Guess it's all drive by supply/demand.

Oh I know. Winter is coming. Not that summer has been cold free. The weather has been so all over the place that there have been colds goin around all through summer. We've been lucky so far that ds seems to get over them himself. Given this is his second winter I'm hoping it'll be easier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Exactly our thinking. If two girls the Canterbury girls is perfect for us. If not we will re-think about it. Balwyn is a great school but we aren't in the zone so will never get accepted.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had another bt yesterday. Level is 631. It was 313 on Monday. So pretty much doubled in 48 hours. That's good.

I'm really struggling to quite coffee this pregnancy. I am still having one coffee a day. With dd, I pretty much quit caffeine even during the cycle. Now I look forward to a coffee when I get to work

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awesome numbers @Minib! It's a positive for sure, #2 is on its way!

How are you feeling?

Are you hoping for a girl or do you want a boy? Hehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm feeling the same so far. Although for some reasons I think my morning sickness isn't that far off. I don't feel sick yet but can feel that metallic taste in my mouth sometimes.

I'm hoping for another girl as I would like 2 kids same gender. Dh is hoping for a boy so either way we win.

Thanks
    Reviews
    2 girls would be nice. They will be best friends! Also saves on school fees haha.

Ah I see. How many weeks are you now? Hopefully you don't get it too bad if you do end up with it. MS is not fun at all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So ds is going through a very difficult phase. He's started clenching his fists and screaming consistently. He also is hitting and pinching you whenever you say no to him. Today we went to a cousins house who had a 3 year old. She was a typical bossy 3yo and tried to get ds to do things he didn't want to do and then yelling at him for not doing what she wanted. Within seconds he was slapping her and hitting her with toys. And that was it for the rest of the visit. He hated her and whenever she went up to him, he'd hurt her. At one point, she went over and did something to a toy he was playing with and he grabbed a toy car and started hitting her head with it 😳😳😳

On the other hand she also had a 6 mo and he absolutely adored her. Kept wanting to hold her and wanted her to sit on his lap and he gave her big hugs and kept cradling her head and screamed and cried whenever we took her away from him. I'm not sure if he realised she was real and not a toy.

Anyways he's been doing it with me lately too. If I tell him that he can't do something he will throw whatever it is he has in his hand and start slapping me. At the worst point he will pinch me but not just normal pinching but digging his nails in hard as he seems to know that will hurt more. No idea what to do! At the moment I tell him why he can't hurt people and then sometimes I will just remove myself so he can't hurt me to which he will start screaming and crying and won't stop until I pick him up again and then he just sobs on my shoulder whilst hugging me. Sigh!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh @Gelati that is so tough! Is he frustrated and feel like he can't communicate? I have no idea what to do either. I think you are doing the right thing to keep telling him he can't hurt people. Will time out work? I don't know at what age they understand time out and the consequences of their actions.

Sounds like he's frustrated and he can't quite get the words out to express himself properly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 5 weeks tomorrow