Ladies. I'll write more tonight. But I'm just so excited and want to share

I'm officially pregnant
    HCG 313
    P4 76

Woohoo!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yay @Minib that is just so so exciting!! Congratulations to you and dh.cant believe how quickly that worked that is just the best news ever!!

@bbhope sorry to hear ds has hfm. Must be awful. We just found out one of the instructors has potentially got chicken pox so ds may have that. I hope it's not too serious but who knows. And they get the vacc at 18mths. So close! I gues when they have so much contact with other ppl it's always a risk.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks @Gelati we are very excited! 7 months to finishing work Lol. Who's counting down.

Oh no. We were offered chicken pox vacc at 12 months by our council. We took it. Have to pay but I thought with cc, better be safe. We will have the booster jab at 18 months.
    @bbhope oh no. Sorry to hear that. Hopefully ds is coping ok. DD didn't really have any side effect from the vacc other than mind fever on the day. Touch wood she's been awesome. Haha I think your son has always been quite vocal and showing lots of emotion.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh we didn't get offered the vacc. I guess just wait and see if the instructor has it. If he gets it then we'all his thave to deal with it. Take some time off work.

Oh wow 7 months that's crazy!! It'll be here before you know it. I'm so happy to hear of your success! Gives me hope. Although we aren't thinking of #2 anymore until I sort out the insomnia. Also I think I may be getting a promotion in July. Massive role is be head of the whole department for the entire company. So not sure if it'll be good timing. May need to put off for awhile. I'm not against a 3 year age gap. It might be nice and ds will be off to kinder. We're doing private kinder so he'll be there 4 days a week which will make looking after the next bubs a lot easier for all of us. Plus he'll be more independent and can help out etc. so yeh see how we go. I don't want to leave it too late.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How's your insomnia going @Gelati? Is it getting better?

Oh wow that sounds like a massive job! Head of a division in an entire company. Geez!!

3 year age gap is quite nice actually. Your ds would understand more. I'm just impatient lol.

With private kinder what are the hours? Is your son going to private school from prep?

See how you go. At least you will get a promotion first

Thanks
    Reviews
    No the insomnia is still not sorted. That's my main priority ATM.

Yeh big role indeed and I'll still only do 4 days a week. So it'll be tough but it's a good opportunity and I don't want to say no to it. Dh might also be up for a promotion too so it may not be ideal timing. But I also don't want to be too old to have the next one but 6-12 mths isn't that much of a difference I suppose. But I'm not young turning 35 this year.

Nah you're not impatient I think 2 yrs is a nice age gap too. How old are you minib - if you don't mind me asking? It's better to have kids when you're younger I feel too old physically as it is. But timing just doesn't feel right at the moment. I know my chances of pregnancy will decrease tho if I wait. Urgh! So many choices.

The hrs are 9-3 at private kinder. No dont think we'll do private primary. Ds will go private from grade 5. It's soo expensive. My in laws will be paying for ds schooling (50%) at least. We're very lucky otherwise it'll be tricky putting 2 through private (assuming that happens. We may not have to worry!)

Do you know what you want to do with dd?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah focus on the Insomnia first. Will be super hard with 2 kids.

Oh that's even more awesome to be promoted and they are supporting 4 days a week. Both you and DH are high flyers! Another 6-12 months isn't that long plus remember it was a younger egg anyway in the freezer.

I'm 33 turning 34 this year. DH is older so I don't want him to be a grandpa when we have a second child lol. If I had my way, I would have liked to have 2 kids by 32 haha. Guess things don't always go to plan.

To be honest I feel old some days. Especially at the park when I have to keep chasing her around. I have a niece and a nephew who want to play chasing game all the time.

Is private kinder similar to state kinder? I have heard proper kinder is better than cc kinder. I haven't really looked into it. But I know the hours are shorter at kinder so might not always work for working parents.

Which school have you got ds down for? Oh wow so lucky! That's very nice of your in laws.

I'm keen for private from grade 5. DH isn't super keen as he isn't confident we can afford it. Unfortunately our parents can't help. We both have a good job that pays well but after tax, this and that doesn't seem much and to include private school fees. Maybe dh is right. I'm aiming too high lol. I've put dd's name down for a girls school and a co-Ed school. Depends if we have another girl or boy. If a boy, I will just do co Ed for both I think. If another girl, might look into all girls school. But dh would prefer co ed regardless. He went to a private co-ed school.

We bought a new place recently in a better suburb. In inner east. Won't move in yet. But will move in a few years when our kids start school. Right now it suits us to live closer to my parents. They help out heaps.

I was thinking about a proper kinder instead of cc kinder. But haven't done my research.

This time I want to take 12 months off then I will go back 4 days a week. Not doing full time anymore. I also want a new job when I go back so I need to start networking. It's tricky to land a new job before I go on leave now. I work for a big company so there should be plenty of opportunities but sometimes out of sight out of mind. We also have lots of restructure so it can be hard to keep up with the changes while on leave.

Ideally I would have liked to be promoted one level higher before going on leave. But can't always plan it right.

Thanks
    Reviews
    2 kids through private is really tough not gonna lie. Depends what type of private you go but the high end ones like grammar and the expensive catholic ones are all about 70k for 2 kids min so that's after tax money. That's a lot of money!! I don't think we would do that if we didn't have help from the in laws. It's just too stressful. And 70k is the bare minimum. I have friends who's kids are on 100% scholarship and they reckon they are still out of pocket 15-20k per year. So that's about 80-90k per year for 2 kids. That's super crazy. It's the extra carriculas that kill you. I suppose if dh and I both get a promotion it'll help a lot and if that's a case two kids through private is probably achievable but otherwise no way.

We have ds down for Xavier and st Kevin's. are you guys down for Carey?

Yeh I think private kinder is better than cc kinder and the costs are similar. But working parents without help can't really do it because of the hours so that's a real shame. They do have before and after school care tho but it all costs money. Also they have school holidays so if no grandparents to help that's tough too. So lots to think about. It really does take a village to raise a child.

Oh wow congrats that's so exciting!! Where abouts did you buy? Wow such a big year for you guys that's super exciting. We've been looking too so that's why I don't think we can afford 2 kids through private. I'd like to upgrade our place to something bigger maybe even double storey with a proper backyard. Atm we only have a courtyard. I'd also really like a double garage.

Oh well hopefully you can get a transfer. That's the good thing about big companies. Lots of room to move. I'm at a small company. Only 260 employees but we manage 15 billion in assets. It's still got small company mentality tho.

Yeh I guess timing is always an issue as we get older. Too much to do with too little time. I've learnt that I need to just try and go with the flow if I can. Much easier said than done!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: congrats!! very exciting! It sounded like a big year for you guys.

No idea about the school system here in Oz. You ladies have to educate me......are they going to kindy at age 3? That seems a bit young! School fees sound like a LOT. We arent living in a posh suburb so i hope i could find schools near work that will take children outside the zone. Houses are unaffordable near the cities!
    @Gelati: I am also thinking the same. DS is still too much work for me. Having a second now will be asking for trouble. Besides, I want to focus on my career a bit more now after a few years of "hiatus" for this TTC journey. But then, in another 2 yrs, I feel like we are a bit old to have another. Not that we will do another fresh cycle. It is more exhausting mentally and physically.

Wow...chicken pox. I hope your DS didn't get it!! I can't get DS to do his 18 months vax until 19 months because they don't have appt right after easter. I don't want to do it before easter to ruin our vacation. It is a good idea to spread it out given that he has just done the men B anyway. The nurse just told me that he will be at risk to get the chicken pox. Well, he is at risk at the moment anyway.

We have had a bad run with childcare this year so far. Sigh....hopefully all go well after the hfm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope I think what you've gone through in cc is the normal passage. Ds has been sick around the clock as well and he's actually been sick most of this year and now may have the chicken pox. We have also been sick cos we catch it off him. But it's extra extra hard for you because you don't have grand parents to help. It really makes a huge difference can't even imagine it's such a weight lifted from the shoulders. I have a colleague who has no grandparent help too and she's struggling. It's very hard for her. I feel for you guys.

Yep 3 yo kinder but state kinder is only 4 hrs per week for 3 yo kinder. I'm like why bother? By the time you've gotten out of the house and dropped them off it's time to pick them up. May as well just sit and wait in the car! May as well not go and what are working mums meant to do for all the other days? So private kinder suits us much better.

Yeh better to space the vacc apart. I think 1 mth over is fine for ds to get vacc. These things are never right on the money. + 1-2 mths is fine I think.

Hopefully ds doesn't have chicken pox. But we won't know for awhile because the incubation period is 10-20 days I think.