Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Day 5 blasto Fet on day 4?#5

Oh boo @Minib! But yeh early days. Fx for next time! Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Minib: Sorry to hear about the negative. Perhaps Dec is the month. Do you have any frosties left?

Sorry ladies for MIA. I was coping jetlag and battling with the sickness. I came down with something just before leaving town. I felt better a day or two when i was oversea and thought it was over but must have contracted something else quickly. I could see why. This sickness has lasted 2 weeks now. DH is sick as well. We suspect bacteria infection but we might have a different one. Poor DS will have to take on whatever i am having. I am not sure if one will get well without antibiotic with bacteria infection? I'm pumping up supplements -- i wonder if me dosing so many supplements during pregnancy had helped me not getting sick a single time. I am feeling better so will give it another week before asking for antibiotic.

I made a few batches of food over the weekend. Freeze them. They are all seasoned. I eat it together with DS so it won't be an extra effort. Still, DS wasn't too interested in any of them! Vege sausage roll which made with premium mince meat rather than sausage meat. He loves it at CC but not the ones i made! Perhaps healthier meat isn't as tasty. Moroccan vege stew....I mix it with rice cereal. Nope, only half a bowl. Maybe too spicy? It tastes fine to me but i am used to spicy food. Once he saw DH eating bread, he asked for it. That's it for the dinner. See...i tried finger food and spoon fed food. It doesn't make any difference. You can see why i am gaining weight if i am the only one eating all the food. Dh eats his own dinner/lunch normally. I thought marrying a vegetarian would be hard but someone who has a different culture background is even harder.
    @Gelati: ya, discipline. DS certainly screams like a lunatic when he doesn't get what he wants. It is a bit embarrassing in public sometime but there isn't anything we could do to stop it.
    @Minib: Regarding pointing, I was just about to ask you. I wondered if different languages also slow this development down. DS started only pointing when i got home last week. He is 14 months. i read that babies can speak about a dozen words by now. DS certainly can't. Maybe one or two words in my language. That's it. Mama and dada don't seem to have any meaning to him just yet. He doesn't babbling as much anymore but making very different sound like his own language. I really hope that he is coping with the languages. One colleague told me that they gave up using 3 languages at home when their second kid still couldn't speak anything sensible at the age of 2. No problem for their first. Perhaps it depends on the child. I am hopeless in learning a new language now but i grew up with 3.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope oh no sick again!! You really are always in the wars it seems. Hopefully you won't need any antibiotics this time. Hope ds doesn't get too sick.

He sounds like a fussy eater indeed! Oh wow dh has his own food? Ds doesn't like to eat rice cereal either. Have you tried regular rice or noodles? Maybe he's not hungry enough? If he was really hungry I'm sure he'd eat anything you give him. You could try not giving in and let him go hungry and just persist and after a couple of day see how he is? He needs his nutrition, bread -alone won't give him the nutrition he needs. Maybe try following some baby recipes online? Will he eat more if he feeds himself?

Guess what ds is walking now! Only about 5-10 steps at a time and very wobbly but yay! It's just the cutest thing.

I find ds has a massive tantrum when there is an underlying reason like hunger, tired, bored, wants to spend more time with mummy and daddy. Not just because he's naughty. If all else is good and he doesn't get what he wants at worse he has a loud tanty but he recovers quickly and moves on.

When they say words it doesn't necessarily have meaning. Dada, mama, nana, tata, baba all those are words. But I was told that by 18 months they should have at least 6-12 words. But you know what they are all different. And def if they are exposed to more than 1 language it will take longer. That sounds logical to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heya girls!!!

DD is one - woohoo!! Can't believe she's one. I can't believe how fast the last 12 months has been. I got all emotional on her birthday. Not so much reliving the labour. But reflecting on how lucky we are and how happy we are. We've had an amazing year. Amazeballs!

Oh and the party went well too. We had family and friends about 30 adults plus children at the party. DD had a great time. She's also so spoiled. Lots of really cool presents.

Anyway. Almost Christmas then have a few days off before back to the reality of work and IVF lol.
    @bbhope yeah we have 2 frosties left. I've called my FS to see him early Jan. If we don't get pregnant by feb I think we are back on the IVF train.
    @bbhope wow can't believe you are sick again. It's been a really bad back to back illness for you. If you don't feel better still maybe go see the doctor. Antiobiotic helps to kill the bacteria once and for all.

Oh the premium mince meat can be harder to chew than sausage roll mince. Did you mix the meat up a bit? Or you could try mixing beef and pork mince to soften the mixture. Maybe put some bread crumb too? My DD never really eats rice cereal. Could you offer your DS rice with vege stew instead? Would probably taste nicer. Oh what kind of food does your DH eat? Is there any common cuisine that everyone likes
    @bbhope I def think multilingual children can take longer to speak. It takes longer to 'click' but once it does, they will speak al languages fluently and won't even think. I grew up with 3 languages too. Never remember struggling about switching languages. My DD understands two languages but can't speak any proper word yet. Keep speaking multiple languages. Don't give up. My niece took a long time to click but now she speaks two languages fluently. Don't stress about it.
    @Gelati yay yay yay. Walking!! You will be super busy chasing him even more haha. Soon he will be running.

Is he finishing at cc soon for the year? Are you taking time off during chrissy break?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy birthday to your baby girl @Minib!! That's great to hear that the party went well. Sounds like lots of fun. What is dd's favourite toy? Soon she'Il be getting lots of Christmas toys!!

We've got 1.5 weeks off over Christmas. I can't believe what a whirlwind year its been! I just can't believe the difference between this Christmas and last years christmas. Our babies are toddlers!!! What are you guys doing over Christmas?

Ds went through a massive spew session last night. We were told today from childcare that there's gastro going through the centre. Poor baby he was so shocked when he spewed the first time. He had no idea what had happened. But then nothing since last night, no fever, no other symptoms and no more spewing. So fx he is ok. But it means we may not be able to go to the childcare Christmas party tomorrow. Oh well, that's life hey! He finishes up childcare next week

Work Christmas party on this Friday which I'm looking forward to. Pending ds feeling better.

Fx for a bub in the new year @Minib!! Can't believe we are already talking about second Bub! I have a good feeling for you @Minib!

@Tanej78 how are you going? How much longer now?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelati View Post
    @bbhope oh no sick again!! You really are always in the wars it seems. Hopefully you won't need any antibiotics this time. Hope ds doesn't get too sick.

He sounds like a fussy eater indeed! Oh wow dh has his own food? Ds doesn't like to eat rice cereal either. Have you tried regular rice or noodles? Maybe he's not hungry enough? If he was really hungry I'm sure he'd eat anything you give him. You could try not giving in and let him go hungry and just persist and after a couple of day see how he is? He needs his nutrition, bread -alone won't give him the nutrition he needs. Maybe try following some baby recipes online? Will he eat more if he feeds himself?

Guess what ds is walking now! Only about 5-10 steps at a time and very wobbly but yay! It's just the cutest thing.

I find ds has a massive tantrum when there is an underlying reason like hunger, tired, bored, wants to spend more time with mummy and daddy. Not just because he's naughty. If all else is good and he doesn't get what he wants at worse he has a loud tanty but he recovers quickly and moves on.

When they say words it doesn't necessarily have meaning. Dada, mama, nana, tata, baba all those are words. But I was told that by 18 months they should have at least 6-12 words. But you know what they are all different. And def if they are exposed to more than 1 language it will take longer. That sounds logical to me.
    I don't know why DS is a fussy eater! He ate everything until a month or two ago! I haven't tried rice because rice cereal is quick and easy. I don't think cooked rice is good after heating it up in microwave? I just don't have energy to do more when i get home around 6pm. Plus, DS wants to be fed straight away. I have to think of a different strategy. Maybe cooking the rice/noodle the night before. I'm not sure about the hungry part. I thought CC feeds him too much. he also eats a little on weekend at home. Oh no, it doesn't matter if he feeds himself. I tried the sausage roll. Nope. He can eat a whole box of blueberries and a lot of yogurt if given!!! I think just being fussy.

Woohoo for walking!! Does DS know how to get up after falling? or he has to find a support to pull himself up again? DS did the later. I reckon it won't be too long until he is running around the house!! DS gets excited whenever we let him run wild in the park.

DS is sick non-stop which is a norm for him now. Just stuff nose, coughing. As long as fever stays away, he seems active. We haven't solved the conjunctivitis problem. We gave up giving him the eyes drop. The eyes isn't red, just having sticky discharge every now and then but not too severe. Sigh. I was planning to ask the new pead about it today but the paed just seemed to rush us out as usual. I don't know why the appt was running an hr late then if everyone was being rushed like this! New paed has started a medical plan (including more antibiotic!!!!) for DS and will follow up with the GP next week. Then, another 2 months wait for paed follow up. If i am still not recovered completely by then, i'll ask for antibiotic at the same time. I am having conjunctivitis as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: yeah 1 yr old!!! Time flies!

Oh...i just used my hand to mix the premium mince meat with the shredded carrots and zucchini. I was planning to mix with the pork mince i bought but i didn't have enough puff pastry for the quantity. Ya, will try the rice. Can you buy bread crumb from woolies rather than home made? I know that i can just chop up the bread? My DH likes bread and all sort of cheese and processed cold meat. He bakes his own bread, though. Well, i always ask DH about if i cook but he opts to eat his own meal most of the time. I don't even think we can have a proper family meal. Anyway, we aren't doing family meal at the moment anyway. DS is fed quickly when we get home. We only get to sit down to eat a quick meal after he is fed and/or bath.

Ya, DS is finishing CC next week. I take 2 weeks off. In the new year, will have to write lengthy job applications. Yuck. Anyway, just want to enjoy the break to organize the house.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: oh no. Gastro??? Hope DS is on mend now. My DS gastro was very severe. Vomiting non stop within 3 hrs and then diarrhea for days. It came on hard and was over quite quickly. I had the same thing a day later, except mine only lasted 48 hrs. Thanks goodness!
    @Minib: oh ya, good luck on the TTC front!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib oooh another birthday... can believe you all are on the verge of having toddlers now @Gelati @bbhope

I'm 36weeks on Sunday... things are moving so fast now it's crazy! DH is away til 27Dec got his leave approved and will be home til 24Jan.

We are currently booked for an elective on 2 Jan... we can revise if it looks like an induction will be successful (I'll be 38weeks)... so it's like 2 weeks 4 days and she'll be here.. I'm pinching myself

I'm also horridly trying to finish up work... photographed my last wedding last Friday ... getting more and more uncomfortable sitting for long periods which doesn't help the post photo work but getting there!

34 week scan she measured 50th percentile so nice and average... Currently loves to squirm and stick her butt out which sometimes brings tears to my eyes but I love it lol wouldn't have it any other way!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Day 5 blasto Fet on day 4?#5

Removing double post
    Last edited by Tanej78; 16-12-2016 at 16:20.