+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2BlueBirds View Post
    I'm not really sure why a whole day palm beach, we heard it was beautful and the day we plan to go will be around 30 degrees so I guess mainly to have a relaxing beach day
    ;-)
    It is a nice day out - but depending how your all feeling and what time you leave to come home, Manly beach is only a 15 min detour on your way back from the northern beaches so that's also a possibility !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Sydney beach suggestions.

I'm not really sure why a whole day palm beach, we heard it was beautful and the day we plan to go will be around 30 degrees so I guess mainly to have a relaxing beach day
    ;-)
    Ok well everyone is different with different wants out of a holiday but for me I wouldn't take a whole day out of a week in Sydney for that. Having said that I haven't been to palm beach so maybe it's worthy of a whole day?! If I had a day to burn I'd hop on the train to katoomba and get the hop on hop off blue mountains bus. That's a long day though.
    Maybe schedule palm beach at the end if you have time and feel like a whole day resting at the beach?
    ETA a trip to manly is lovely, the ferry ride is great and they have a lovely little shopping strip between the ferry terminal and the open beach. There is also an aquarium at manly too! There's probably other stuff to do there too if you wanted to spend more time.
    Last edited by gingermillie; 20-12-2016 at 20:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    It is a nice day out - but depending how your all feeling and what time you leave to come home, Manly beach is only a 15 min detour on your way back from the northern beaches so that's also a possibility !
    I was actually thinking that when I was looking at the map! The kids will most likely
    fall asleep in the car so maybe an icecream or early dinner on the way back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I was actually thinking that when I was looking at the map! The kids will most likely
    fall asleep in the car so maybe an icecream or early dinner on the way back.
    Pizza at Hugos on the wharf! If your a meat eater this is DS and DH all time fav pizza:

Italian - meatballs with shaved Parmesan, Roma tomato & oregano
    And mine:
    Spinach - spinach, semi dried tomato, olives, feta & chilli
    And for dessert - chocolate, hazelnut and banana pizza

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If it's the ferry ride I'm thinking of, the ride from circular quay to the zoo gives great views of the bridge and is really fun.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    Ok well everyone is different with different wants out of a holiday but for me I wouldn't take a whole day out of a week in Sydney for that. Having said that I haven't been to palm beach so maybe it's worthy of a whole day?! If I had a day to burn I'd hop on the train to katoomba and get the hop on hop off blue mountains bus. That's a long day though.
    Maybe schedule palm beach at the end if you have time and feel like a whole day resting at the beach?
    ETA a trip to manly is lovely, the ferry ride is great and they have a lovely little shopping strip between the ferry terminal and the open beach. There is also an aquarium at manly too! There's probably other stuff to do there too if you wanted to spend more time.
    I guess we'll see how the weather is as well, we don't really want to do much site seeing on a hot day. Even if we spend 1/2 day at palm beach. I have a "list" of things to do but we'll definitely play it by ear once we're there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clbj View Post
    If it's the ferry ride I'm thinking of, the ride from circular quay to the zoo gives great views of the bridge and is really fun.
    Yes. I went to Taronga zoo from my house a few weeks ago for a school excursion and met everybody there as it was pointless me going to work and then back towards the city again. This was my view on the ferry to "work" IMG_1482234133.557531.jpg

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

clbj  (21-12-2016),gingermillie  (20-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Beautiful pic!

I never asked, can we just turn up to circular quay to buy ferry tickets to zoo or do we have to book?

It's going to be warm next week! We'll have to try be up early for sight seeing I guess!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    You don't have to book ferry tickets but you will need an opal card for all of you. http://www.retailers.opal.com.au/mobile.html

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    You don't have to book ferry tickets but you will need an opal card for all of you. http://www.retailers.opal.com.au/mobile.html
    Really? I can't just by a ferry ticket and sail on over?
    Lol

There's a few retailers in coogee. Thanks!