+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    1) yep palm beach is amazing, cute cafes and burger shops to get lunch , beautiful homes to sticky beak at and a nice day out
    2) technically you could do the opera house and circular quay on day 3 when you do the zoo? What about going into the city , queen Victoria building, centrepoint tower, Hyde Park barracks, shopping
    3)great day out
    4)darling harbour is great, tons of things to do with the kids, go to china town for yum Cha!
    5) botanical gardens are nice but I would go to Bondi beach and suss that out, go for a drive to Watson's bay and have fish and chips on the harbour , look at all the cool houses, walk around double bay etc

Wattamolla - in the national park? It's nice but i think for your first trip I'd stay around the city and take advantage of your location , maybe next trip do the north and south coasts?
    Thank you, thank you!
    I haven't decided on the order yet, depends on the weather ;-)
    I think your suggestions sound great, I'll add some notes to my list!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 2BlueBirds For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (19-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Oh and the weather here next week - sunny and low 30,s

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That's a great plan @2BlueBirds. You'll be exhausted though! Agree with @Elijahs Mum. There's so much to do that the national park may best be saved for another time. Hope you enjoy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    1) yep palm beach is amazing, cute cafes and burger shops to get lunch , beautiful homes to sticky beak at and a nice day out
    2) technically you could do the opera house and circular quay on day 3 when you do the zoo? What about going into the city , queen Victoria building, centrepoint tower, Hyde Park barracks, shopping
    3)great day out
    4)darling harbour is great, tons of things to do with the kids, go to china town for yum Cha!
    5) botanical gardens are nice but I would go to Bondi beach and suss that out, go for a drive to Watson's bay and have fish and chips on the harbour , look at all the cool houses, walk around double bay etc

Wattamolla - in the national park? It's nice but i think for your first trip I'd stay around the city and take advantage of your location , maybe next trip do the north and south coasts?
    If we were going to see circular quay / harbour bridge, Opera house in the same day as ferry / zoo would that be too much of a rush, the lines would be long to get in?? We will have a zoo member ship. Unless we see harbour bridge etc the city day? (Hyde park, queen Victoria shopping centre...)?

I just realised we probably won't see Manly beach! So much to do!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm from west coast, so spoiled for nice beaches at home. But when in Sydney I really like catching ferry to manly, wander around and head to the beach Not sure it would be as fun with kids, but the trip there is fun and Manly has a great vibe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by clbj View Post
    I'm from west coast, so spoiled for nice beaches at home. But when in Sydney I really like catching ferry to manly, wander around and head to the beach Not sure it would be as fun with kids, but the trip there is fun and Manly has a great vibe
    Thanks. I'm wondering if we should do manly instead of the zoo?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2BlueBirds View Post
    Thanks. I'm wondering if we should do manly instead of the zoo?
    I would say no if the choice really came down to manly or the zoo. The zoo is beautiful and has great views back to the city and harbour bridge and opera house. They have a lovely cable car ride too. And with kids they'd probably prefer the zoo. Last time I went they had a nice giraffe feeding experience which is awesome for kids.
    I had a look at your itinerary and I think you could fit manly in somewhere you only need maybe 3hrs really.
    Was there a reason you're spending a whole day at palm beach? (Sorry I haven't gone back through the whole thread to refresh my memory).
    I'm hoping to take dd to Sydney next year, I've been many times and if I had 5-7 days I'd do manly, taronga zoo, darling harbour (maritime museum, aquarium), harbour bridge/opera house/circular quay/the rocks, bit of shopping in the city, botanic gardens walk and picnic, maybe bondi. If I had older kids I'd go to Luna park.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Details please!
    We're going from the 16th and home on the 22nd. Staying close to the Botanical Gardens and about a ten minute walk from Circular Quay.
    We're doing the zoo because my boy is obsessed with Gorillas and there aren't any at the Perth Zoo and other than that they want to go to Lunar Park, check out The Rocks (DD and I are huge Playing Beattie Bow fans), museums are high on the kids lists and I just want to eat some good food!
    Beach wise, I'm not sure which way to go, the kids want to check out Bondi but that's mostly because it's up there on the top things to do in Sydney lists that they've been studying!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (20-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    I would say no if the choice really came down to manly or the zoo. The zoo is beautiful and has great views back to the city and harbour bridge and opera house. They have a lovely cable car ride too. And with kids they'd probably prefer the zoo. Last time I went they had a nice giraffe feeding experience which is awesome for kids.
    I had a look at your itinerary and I think you could fit manly in somewhere you only need maybe 3hrs really.
    Was there a reason you're spending a whole day at palm beach? (Sorry I haven't gone back through the whole thread to refresh my memory).
    I'm hoping to take dd to Sydney next year, I've been many times and if I had 5-7 days I'd do manly, taronga zoo, darling harbour (maritime museum, aquarium), harbour bridge/opera house/circular quay/the rocks, bit of shopping in the city, botanic gardens walk and picnic, maybe bondi. If I had older kids I'd go to Luna park.
    I'm not really sure why a whole day palm beach, we heard it was beautful and the day we plan to go will be around 30 degrees so I guess mainly to have a relaxing beach day
    ;-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    If we were going to see circular quay / harbour bridge, Opera house in the same day as ferry / zoo would that be too much of a rush, the lines would be long to get in?? We will have a zoo member ship. Unless we see harbour bridge etc the city day? (Hyde park, queen Victoria shopping centre...)?

I just realised we probably won't see Manly beach! So much to do!
    I'd go to the zoo first thing and then on the way back walk around the quay and opera house , the bridge you will see and get lots of photos from the ferry ( same with the opera house)