+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Gold Coast Mums - John Flynn hospital OBs

Hi ladies,

I am due in Aug 2017 with Bub # 2 and am currently seeing Dr Maneesh Singh whom I LOVE! But he is leaving John Flynn in July so I need to find a new OB. I have narrowed it down to Dr Neil Wallman and Dr Ash Hanafy. Looking for people's experiences with either of these OBs. Also, would love feedback on John Flynn hospital if you are happy to provide. So indecisive so any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Reviews

Default He's leaving?

Why is he leaving?
    I've heard great things about grace private!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm seeing Dr Wallman for fertility treatment and so far have been happy with him. His room @ John Flynn seems a bit run down and all files are handwritten hard copies which I found strange (even my gp uses a pc?), not that that's a bad thing but it did make me wonder about the equipment / facilities, hopefully that's where all the money goes! I have found him relatively easy to talk to, and to ask questions which for me is an important factor. He explains things well and gives you information without 'bombarding' you with it. I am interested in some recent reviews as far as obs care goes though. I have heard great things about John Flynn but it's hard to find any reviews for the obstetricians there after 2012/2013??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am seeing Maneesh but my bub is due before he moves so I have the option of either hospital. I'm contemplating gold coast private because it's closer to home than John Flynn and it has a paediatric ward so it would be good to have a hospital I can go to down the track and still see our usual paediatrician (instead of having to travel to Tweed hospital to see the John Flynn paeds).

In saying that my experience at John Flynn with my first was great and I would happily birth there again.

What's your due date as it may be worthwhile checking in with him again on whether you can stay at John Flynn with him?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm having my third baby at JF and LOVE it. A lovely hospital, midwives have been lovely and rooms are very nice (love the view and that partners are so well catered for). Birth suites all have pools and showers too which is fantastic (I'm hoping for a water birth). My OB is Genevieve Bishop, the new female OBYGN and I can't fault her - she's been absolutely amazing at supporting us through this risky pregnancy. I desperately wanted a female OB, and was prepared to travel to Pindara. Fortunately, I've found her to be lovely, genuine and incredibly supportive. I know you asked for info on other OBs, and sorry I can't help there, but good luck!