+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Angry #4 omg

Hi everyone
    so I'm a single mum of 3. Had a one night fling with an ex (from 5 years ago) a few weeks ago.
    first time this year I've actually had sex! I had mirena in for a few months (for period management ) but didn't like it. Hadn't started pill ( last attempt to regulate periods) when we slept together.
    I told him I'm not on pill and to pull out, he didn't, then said "now you're in trouble".
    I found out last week I am pregnant.
    Told him and he's said (2 days later) that if I'm not going to terminate (Which I just can't doO that he's going to apply for primary custody.
    Like wrf! We hadn't even had a chance for it to sink in, or chat about what's what. I tell him, he says he doesn't want a relationship and will talk more later, then this.
    So annoyed at this person who I thought I knew (It's not like he's a stranger).
    So basically I'm doing this alone, and in half a mind to cut him out altogether.

He can't seriously think he'd get sole custody purely on the grounds that I already have 3 children and that a 4th would be too hard so better that he have it full time!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh wow, you're in a bit of a spot! No point in ruminating on what you could have done, but just out of interest, why didn't you go and get the morning after pill when your ex showed extreme disrespect for you by not pulling out?

I don't think the custody thing will be an issue, as long as you're a good mum they won't give him custody just because you have 4 kids.

You're going to have a tough road ahead, a single mum to 4 is a big job but if you're doing OK with 3 then I'm sure you can handle one more xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't even think of it. I got my period 29th October (a few days after getting Mirena out) so was 3 weeks into cycle at the time and actually thought (moods, discharge etc) that I'd already ovulated long before.
    Managing with 3. My DS father is very helpful.
    I can do 4. I just would have like he be a little more human and not just jump straight to custody battles when I'm only 5 weeks pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope it works out for the best Mumoftwoprincess and Congrats! He is most likely freaked out by the news and said that in defence to try to have it over you or try to scare you because of the decision, give him time i guess.

In a similar position, except the reponse when i told him to man up and face consequences like i have to, was " i dont want anything to do with you or it and not to contact him again". Fair enough lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 1mizzyx View Post
    Hope it works out for the best Mumoftwoprincess and Congrats! He is most likely freaked out by the news and said that in defence to try to have it over you or try to scare you because of the decision, give him time i guess.

In a similar position, except the reponse when i told him to man up and face consequences like i have to, was " i dont want anything to do with you or it and not to contact him again". Fair enough lol

Lol well at least that's easier
    My first two don't seen their father at all (we separated just before I found out I was pregnant with my now 6 year old and havent seen him since).

Haven't heard any thing more, good or bad, so just taking one day at a time and preparing to do this one completely alone as well.