+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am really wondering if I should carry on with mine. I like the relaxed feel but its a lot of money. We are in the middle of an iui cycle just to squeeze it in before the end of the year. I will be going in for a laparoscopy and ovarian drilling next year before what may be our final ivf cycle. My acupuncturist feels she can solve all my problems which I feel is a big statement but if I give it up I will always wonder if she could have helped. @bebehvala did you decide to go ahead?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

bebehvala  (09-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    it depends on who you see. Many of the chinese ones down the street so to speak would often say they could help us to concieve. When I said its hubbies issue they would say ahh we can fix that. Ummmm unless you can reconfigure his genetics then no, sorry you cannot help us. They will make all sorts of promises.

I went to one through our IVF clinic. One technician i clicked with and one day he wasn't there i had a lady. Oh my god i cam out of there frustrated and angry. When i rang hubby to talk he said have you even been to an accupuncture session you don't sound relaxed.

After that I asked the guy I like what days he worked and I scheduled my appointments around that. I was told to maintain accupuncture session to carry a baby to term by a psychic so thats what I did until the last month and she came early .

He was very truthful to me about what accupuncture can do and not do. He knew i was already a relaxed person. I should change my name to Coke. (the real thing)...or as another poster said. Keeping it real. lol....loved that!

So he asked me if I wanted to know and I said ok

Accupuncture can improve lining issues if done a couple of months before and regularly weekly to fortnightly.

Accupuncture can help blood flow to the uterus. By balancing the energy flows. Helping an embie have a good bed to lie in.

Accupuncture after transfer is to help with blood flow and to help the lady relax. Relaxation is the most important thing you can do after transfer. Do not stress, just relax. After the session relax with anything that makes you relaxed.

LOL I still remember his words "for you relaxation is not going to be a problem". You are a very relaxed person.

It is the ladies who come to me stressed out with worry if it will work or not is the ones I try to advise relax relax relax.

I know IVF is a lot of money but stressing doesn't help either. My philosphy that helps me. Well it will either work or it won't. There are only two outcomes. That is the main thing that keeps me relaxed. And I also know its hard for some, and for the latter person my accupuncturist state these are the ladies that would benefit from coming more often.

I did accupuncture for my 1st cycle 2nd and 3rd. only worked for my first. But I had a parathyroid CA i didnt know about on my 3rd cycle.

Accupuncture is not magic that can get us pregnant it can assist with energy flows, lining issues and relaxtion.

Thats my 2 cents. Would I do it again yes in a heartbeat. But only if I could find someone like my accupuncturist in sydney. I trust him 100%.

mysticfalls.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for that post @MysticFalls it puts it all into perspective which is really helpful. My acupuncturist as I say promises the earth and thinks she can get me ovulating naturally and improving egg quality which I doubt. My last cycle with acupuncture I had the best lining ever though and I have some belief it helped, I suppose this iui will prove thst fact as I often have difficulty with my lining in iui cycles with less follicles and therefore less estrogen so we will see. Thanks again hun xxxxxx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

MysticFalls  (09-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Green lady View Post
    I had never done acupuncture before. Did it immediately after my fet and then 5 days after. Got a BFP. I think having it immediately after the fet was very relaxing ( fell asleep on the table). Perhaps it helped implantation who knows.
    Totes agree that it is relaxing, I did it once and was so sleepy 💟

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rosey82 View Post
    I've done regular acupuncture during my whole IVF journey. Weekly while cycling, then before/after transfer (then regular during both pregnancies). I did it for my successful & unsuccessful cycles - 2 of each.
    Can't say for sure if it helped, but I enjoyed the sessions, found them very relaxing.
    If you've got the time & money it's not going to hurt to give it a go!
    Best of luck.
    Thanks so much. Good to know that it worked..and maybe had no effect. I am so torn.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Calstar View Post
    I took part in an acupuncture during IVF trial, so I don't know if I got the real deal or not.
    But it turned out to be the worse cycle I'd done.
    I also didn't find it relaxing at all, laying there with the needles in, feeling unable to move incase I dislodged one wasn't very comfy to me.

So for me, it wasn't a good experience
    I am so sorry it was bad for you; Hugs xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks all. I am going to skip it. I left it too late and the place next to my FC want $600 for a consult plus $40 per session. Aint worth the $$ IMO. There is another lady, but she cant fit me in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bebehvala View Post
    Thanks all. I am going to skip it. I left it too late and the place next to my FC want $600 for a consult plus $40 per session. Aint worth the $$ IMO. There is another lady, but she cant fit me in.
    Oh my gosh $600 for a consultation 😨 what do you get for that money?? I paid $180 for initial session but then I pay $80 full cost price each session, my health insurance brings it down to $50 so $40 is much cheaper.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside...nothing but a consult and I assume a plan to sell you more therapies. Its a Chinese Medicine place, I only phoned them as they are litterally next to my FC.

The lady who did mine last time was about same cost as yours from memory (was 5 years ago) but she cant get me in. My fault for leaving it so late.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bebehvala For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (10-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyside View Post
    I am really wondering if I should carry on with mine. I like the relaxed feel but its a lot of money. We are in the middle of an iui cycle just to squeeze it in before the end of the year. I will be going in for a laparoscopy and ovarian drilling next year before what may be our final ivf cycle. My acupuncturist feels she can solve all my problems which I feel is a big statement but if I give it up I will always wonder if she could have helped. @bebehvala did you decide to go ahead?
    Oh and I think in your case I would keep trying. It cant hurt and you dont want any regrets.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bebehvala For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (10-12-2016)