+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Accupunture. Worth it? Yes, No, What Did You Do?

I am considering this for my FET next week. Have I left this idea too late? Is it worth it? Share your accupuncture and IVF experinnce here....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bebehvala View Post
    I am considering this for my FET next week. Have I left this idea too late? Is it worth it? Share your accupuncture and IVF experinnce here....
    I had never done acupuncture before. Did it immediately after my fet and then 5 days after. Got a BFP. I think having it immediately after the fet was very relaxing ( fell asleep on the table). Perhaps it helped implantation who knows.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've done regular acupuncture during my whole IVF journey. Weekly while cycling, then before/after transfer (then regular during both pregnancies). I did it for my successful & unsuccessful cycles - 2 of each.
    Can't say for sure if it helped, but I enjoyed the sessions, found them very relaxing.
    If you've got the time & money it's not going to hurt to give it a go!
    Best of luck.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rosey82 For This Useful Post:

bebehvala  (09-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not for ivf but I did it because I was having recurrent mcs. Don't know if it helped as I was on a lot of medication for this pregnancy to sustain it, but I'm 18 weeks now! If nothing else, it's definitely relaxing and can't hurt!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsDL For This Useful Post:

bebehvala  (09-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I took part in an acupuncture during IVF trial, so I don't know if I got the real deal or not.
    But it turned out to be the worse cycle I'd done.
    I also didn't find it relaxing at all, laying there with the needles in, feeling unable to move incase I dislodged one wasn't very comfy to me.

So for me, it wasn't a good experience

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Calstar For This Useful Post:

bebehvala  (09-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Following. I am doing acupuncture at the moment, I have been ttc no. 2 for nearly 4 years now and have done 6 rounds of ivf. I started acupuncture around a month before my last ivf cycle, my lining was the best its ever been but my eggs were of very low quality and our embryos didnt progress very well. My acupuncturist says it can take up to 3 months for the treatments to help egg quality, I am a little dubious of this as from what I can gather not much can be done for egg quality. I enjoy my sessions and feel very relaxed after but think that has more to do with allowing myself some 'me' time which I don't often get - Thats got to be a good thing. I do hear some of the conversations that take place in some of the other rooms with other women about ivf stuff and sometimes I can't believe what I hear, my scientific mind cant deal with some of the information some of the women get told - it just doesn't make sense and it frustrates me.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

bebehvala  (09-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did it before starting IVF. I did it during one cycle which was negative then I stopped.. did another cycle without acupuncture and I got a bfp.. so who knows if doing it for a while helped or not. it was pricey so I wouldn't do it again. was relaxing though

12. The Following User Says Thank You to kim85 For This Useful Post:

bebehvala  (09-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think it may depend on who you see. I was seeing someone a couple of years ago at the beginning of our ttc marathon. I didn't particularly like her and I didn't necessarily enjoy the sessions. I stopped after about 6 months and no obvious changes that I could see/feel. I started up with a new guy on recommendation from a friend in May this year around the time of my first FET (second IVF cycle). He said he usually likes a few months to get your body in a better condition or what have you and then at the end of august I had my 3rd fresh IVF cycle (4th all up) and we had success. I will usually doze off during my sessions as I'm so relaxed and I really enjoy his approach and gentle way of treating. Plus he uses heat lamps and things which makes it nice and cosy in winter haha.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

bebehvala  (09-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by M'LadyEm View Post
    I think it may depend on who you see. I was seeing someone a couple of years ago at the beginning of our ttc marathon. I didn't particularly like her and I didn't necessarily enjoy the sessions. I stopped after about 6 months and no obvious changes that I could see/feel. I started up with a new guy on recommendation from a friend in May this year around the time of my first FET (second IVF cycle). He said he usually likes a few months to get your body in a better condition or what have you and then at the end of august I had my 3rd fresh IVF cycle (4th all up) and we had success. I will usually doze off during my sessions as I'm so relaxed and I really enjoy his approach and gentle way of treating. Plus he uses heat lamps and things which makes it nice and cosy in winter haha.
    Definitely depends on finding the right practitioner. My acupuncturist is trained in the Chinese method, but still very respectful of western medicine - no airy fairy stuff!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    It really wasn't for me. I didn't find it relaxing, in fact I think it made me more anxious. My one and only BFP I didn't have any acupuncture.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to DJ Nette For This Useful Post:

bebehvala  (09-12-2016)