+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bleeding, but a heartbeat (sorry if TMI)

I had some bleeding yesterday (brown, and only when wiping). I was sent for a scan, and it showed that I was 6 weeks + 4 days. It's about a week short of what I thought it should be, but I can't be sure of exact dates anyway. The heartbeat was there. Sonographer said it was a little slower than they like to see (I didn't ask what the rate was), and thought my doctor would probably want a rescan in a week.

The bleeding seems to have stopped in the last few hours, and although I've had some small cramps, I wouldn't worry about them if it hadn't been for the bleeding. I still don't really have nausea, but boobs are sore and I don't really feel any different.

Any reassuring stories for me at this point? It's going to be a long wait until another scan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I didn't want to read and run..
    You're just going to have to wait and see, cross your fingers, say a prayer and hope for the best. I'm sorry that you're going through this stress and worry!
    Stay strong little bubba.. Hugs!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to preggasaurus For This Useful Post:

GreenViolet  (06-12-2016)

hakuna matata is offline The artist formerly know as babyhopeful
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had early bleeding in both of my pregnancies. 6 weeks with DS, 8 weeks with dd.

Fingers crossed its good news for you xx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to hakuna matata For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I hate to agree that it's just a case of 'wait and see' at this point... and the waiting is excruciating. Fingers crossed your bubba sticks - I do remember reading that when there is a hearbeat present, the chance of a miscarriage lowers significantly, so lets hope your bubba stays put.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cheeeeesecake For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I had a threatened miscarriage at around the same gestation. Woke up in the morning with my underwear soaked in fresh red blood onto my pj bottoms. Went for scan that afternoon and there was a heartbeat of 114 (I think) and evidence of a perigestational bleed. I had a follow up scan a week later that I already had booked as it was an IVF pregnancy, and the heartbeat was still there and going strong. I'm now 16+ 1 and everything is now going smoothly.

I was told by the fertility nurses that cramping at the beginning of pregnancy similar to your period is actually quite a normal feeling as it's a sign the embryo is implanting into the uterine wall. I had pink on wiping from the beginning but the fresh red was new. Brown on wiping signifies an old bleed so it could just be from implantation. Fingers crossed all will be ok.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks all. I just heard from the doctor and the heartbeat was actually really low - only 55bpm. My optimism has taken a hit at that news. Anyway, another scan in a week and we'll go from there. Much appreciate all the good news stories and well wishes. After two successful pregnancies I'm blind sided by the prospect of losing this one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear you've had a rough time. I started bleeding brown at exactly 7 weeks with this little one... A bit of a google I saw apparently around this time the placenta starts to implant which can cause a little bleeding ...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Meld85 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Couldn't read and run.

The heartbeat starts sometime in the 6th week, so perhaps you caught it right as it was starting?
    I'm no expert, but I agree that waiting it out is the only way with pregnancy.

I had bleeding and cramping all throughout my first trimester, spent countless hours in the emergency department, hospital, ultrasound clinics. My baby is now 6 days old

Stay positive x

14. The Following User Says Thank You to babymummatobe For This Useful Post:

GreenViolet  (07-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No advice, but hugs OP.

Hope it's sticky. xxxxx

AdornedWithCats is online now Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    I had bleeding for 10 days from 6-7.5 weeks. Mostly brown but some pink/red and even some small clots. Otherwise it was a really cruisy pregnancy. Fx everything turns out ok but there's not much you can do except wait and see. xx

17. The Following User Says Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

GreenViolet  (07-12-2016)